Port Said

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelling to the north coastal area in Egypt from Cairo Airport

Egypt Oct 17, 2016 at 2:14 AM

I travelled to Egypt on my own approximately 1 year ago when i was 21 all the way down from Cairo to Qina and then to Al Quseir which went very well, i'm planning to travel again to the north coastal region like Salloum and Marsa Matruh, however my question is, is there a direct bus-route from Cairo airport to Salloum? since the places i went before are more familiar since there are alot of English speaking people compared to the small places i want to travel now since i don't want to caught up clueless in the middle of the desert (i don't speak arabic just a few basic lines i'm Turkish).

• Hurghada to Cairo (Giza pyramids)

Egypt Sep 25, 2016 at 3:22 AM

My partner and I are travelling to Hurghada in October for a week and had our hopes up to travel to Cairo to see the Giza pyramids. We have seen day trips available via flying, however, much to our disappointment, the hotel we are staying in have advised due to safety reasons, we cannot book a trip with them.

Can anyone recommend a safe/good company to book a day trip to the pyramids (preferably flying there) so that we can fulfil our dreams of seeing the great culture this country has to offer?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

• crazyman2's Profile Photo

a day in Port Said, Egypt

by crazyman2 Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 12:31 PM

We're on a Princess cruise in July/August and one of our stops is Port Said in Egypt.
      Now, Princess offer excursions down to see the Great Pyramid etc. It's many hours there and back by coach ---not our way of seeing such wonders! We shall visit the Sphinx and co. on another trip, maybe land based or even a river cruise.

So, there we will be in Port Said for a day, 06:00 until 20:00 and okay we can knock 30 minutes off at each end for dis/embarking.
      What can we do there? I've looked at the VT Any ideas?

Yes, we know about ---any VT ideas would be appreciated!

If we have no luck then we'll just need to stay on board the Pacific Princess and indulge ourselves ---but we'd rather not!

6 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 1:38 AM
    • SoCoFAS's Profile Photo

Crossing the Suez canal from E to W

by SoCoFAS Online Now May 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Is there anyone who can tell me if there are some ferries from the East bank to the West bank of the Suez canal ? If yes, where can I find information on them (schedules, prices for cars and bicycles).
      I am planning a bicycle trip, with a jeep as back up behind, from Belgium to Kenya for the promotion of the SoCoFAS trust(non profit organisation).

1 Answer May 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM
    • port Said taxi

by DaveW3646 Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM

can anyone tell me how much a taxi would cost to get from Port Said to Cairo?
      How long does the trip take? Is it possible to hire taxi for a day to take us round sights in Cairo? any idea costs? I am a wheelchair it possible to visit any of the pyramids/museums/ it safe?

(probably getting to Port Said by ship)

1 Answer Apr 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    • Hotels in Port Said

by lukarich Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I am looking for hotels in Port Said for Sept - 0ct 09.

Only want to pay around50 US per night....

Can you let me know what good hotels are and where to book?

• What is there to do in Port Said on Sunday?

by disoady Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 7:05 AM

I will be on a cruise and arriving at Port Said on Sunday, 11th November. I have been to Cairo and visited the Museum, seen The Pyriamids, had a meal on the Nile and now want to do something different. Can anybody suggest anything, especially as it's a Sunday!

1 Answer Oct 15, 2007 at 3:43 AM
    • security

by photoman366 Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 9:42 AM

as a tourist how safe is it to wander about the main areas of port said

1 Answer Aug 29, 2007 at 6:25 AM