Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Stay the whole week in Funchal, or not?

Madeira Island Nov 6, 2016 at 12:43 AM

Hello!
      I will visit Madeira for a week in April and during that week I would like to do several hikes. Is it good to base myself in Funchal and from there make daytrips with local transportation (bus) to places where I can start/end a hike, or should I base myself in another town/village for a few days?

more
    • Only 6 hours to see it all

by Carolynbosher Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 11:59 AM

On May 7th, a Monday, our ship will be docking in Ponta Delgada for 6 hours. We are adverse to taking the shore excursions because we don't like to be part of the herd. We much prefere to snag a helpful taxi driver and ask them to show us the places of greatest interest. This usually produces a very interesting tour from the local perspective at a consideraly more reasonable price and away from the crowd. Has anyone had the experience of hiring a taxi on the island? How did it work out and what are some of the main sites that we should ask to see during our short time available? Thanks for any help that is available. Carolyn

• NAME OF CHURCH

by cojp009 Online Now Mar 13, 2004 at 1:35 PM

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF AS WELL AS THE ADDRESS OF THE CHURCH IN PONTA DELGADA, MADEIRA, PORTUGAL. I HAVE BEEN THERE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THE PRIEST. THANK YOU, COJP580009@MSN.COM

3 Answers Mar 16, 2004 at 12:55 PM