Pompeii

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need help planning itinerary to ischia and another area/ country

Ischia Porto Nov 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Traveling for 7 total days- looking to make my mother in laws wish come true to travel to ischia however realize not too much to do there so will put 3 days aside for there need another destination that would be convenient and worthwhile for another 2-3 days stay. Please advise will be traveling with total of 8 adults
      thank you so much!!
      Dana

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Italy - Itinerary help

Naples Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM

I have planned a 4 day trip to Naples and around and following is high level itinerary

Day 1: Reach Naples in night from London and stay here
      Day 2: Visit Naples and reach Sorrento in night and stay
      Day 3: Visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and return back to Sorrento for stay
      Day 4: Visit Pompei and then return to Naples to fly back

Please let know if this looks good. Day 2 - what are the key things to visit in Naples?
      We avoid public transportation and rent car mostly for convenience and cost, but wanted to take bus and train in this case considering the narrow mountain routes and traffic issues - any suggestions?
      I will travel with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 7) during 3 week of December. Any other tips and comments also welcome!

more
    • Local buses

by SandieD3 Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Are there local buses that you can catch to get to the ruin site from anywhere near Via di Diomede?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2016 at 12:33 AM
    • cmcard2's Profile Photo

Place stay near Pompeii

by cmcard2 Online Now Aug 10, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Looking for Agriturismo or place stay that is close to Pompeii but outside of Naples.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM
    • Pompeii Souvenier

by AlexB121 Online Now Jun 6, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Hey I recently visited Pompeii and was going to buy one of those lava statues but forgot. Anyone know how I could get in contact with anyone there and order it?

• Archaeological work in Pompeii?

by KitW3 Online Now May 30, 2016 at 5:03 PM

I just graduated with a B.S. in Archaeology and intend to go to Pompeii/Italy to get my career started, but I can't find any field technician/ceramic analysis jobs. I've searched the net, and not much luck. Any suggestions? Contacts? Thanks!

2 Answers May 30, 2016 at 10:13 PM
    • 2 train tracks

by natali73 Online Now Mar 30, 2016 at 9:22 AM

i plan to go with circumvesuviana from napoli to station pompei scavi and enter there. i plan to exit site at the other end at amphiteater, walk 1 km to another train station called pompe and catch trenitalia regional train to salerno there. i need to make sure that i get these train tracks right....thank you

4 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • directions

by RebeccaS19 Online Now Sep 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM

directions to Pompei train station from pompei scavi

2 Answers Sep 10, 2015 at 11:40 PM
    • Pomei travel advice

by EAD5 Online Now Sep 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Hi , We have two weeks in Italy in early October and have just books flights to Naples planning to travel onto Rome and finally Venice .We are wondering how long we need to take in the sights in Pompei , will two days be sufficient and are we best staying in Pompeii to save commuting from Naples ? We are thinking of hiring a car to travel onto Pisa/ Rome after Pompei so trying to work out whether it would be best to pick at the airport or whether there are better alteratives and leave hiring a car till we have had acouple of days sight seeing in Pompei? Any advice would be welcome , I have looked at a couple of Bed and Breakfast places in Pomei that seem reasonably priced or would we best staying in Sorrento or elsewhere ?

3 Answers Sep 7, 2015 at 12:30 AM
    • Luggage storage in Pompeii

by yoyobook Online Now Sep 4, 2015 at 12:25 AM

I will travel with large luggage from Rome to Sorrento.
      I wish to stopby and visit Pompeii before going to Sorrento.

Where can I keep my luggage in Pompeii?

5 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    • Local transport

by fingodav Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I know that there are a few local buses around Pompeii, but have been unable to find out where they go and when. Any info welcome.

2 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    • Pompeii tour guide

by chitravler Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation to an English speaking tour guide for a private tour for 2 adults at Pompeii this September. We will take the train from Sorrento, arriving at 9am.
      Grazie

2 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM
    • Guided Visit to Pompeii and Ercolano

by jrvalentin Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 8:20 AM

I will be visiting Campania region during September 25 to 28 and will like to have a guided tour in Pompeii. Will like to understand if there is any tour that get deep into the ruins. Last year I went by my own and discover that many places are closed with a gate. Is anyone have and idea if this is possible.

9 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM
    • LouM's Profile Photo

Pompeii true or false

by LouM Online Now May 14, 2015 at 7:49 AM

Is it true that the preserved remains of a couple embracing was found at Pompeii or is that just the fantasy of movie makers? Thanks , Louise

10 Answers May 14, 2015 at 12:19 PM
    • Left luggage Pompeii

by Walsha22 Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Hi, we are travelling from sorrento to Naples and hoping to stop off and visit Pompeii and Vesuvius as a day trip. Is it possible to leave luggage at the Pompeii site see this site, then travel to Vesuvius and return to pick up luggage or must we pick up our luggage as we leave the Pompeii site? Thanks

2 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Important notice: new bag restrictions

by goodfish Online Now Jan 27, 2015 at 11:33 AM

coopculture.it/en/heritages.... is informing visitors, tour guides and school groups that for security reasons, backpacks and handbags larger than 30x30x15 cm (abt 12 x 12 x 6") are not allowed inside the excavations at Pompeii as well as Herculaneum, Oplonti, Stabia and the Museum of Boscoreale. Larger bags and luggage may still be checked at left-luggage facilities at the entrances. Reference the site for information. 

• onehipdad's Profile Photo

Naples to Pompeii to Benevento

by onehipdad Online Now Jan 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I'm arriving in Naples Sat. 8 Feb. from Bilbao, Spain around 1pm. I would like to visit Pompeii & Herculaneum on Sunday, but I have to be in Benevento that night for work on Monday. Should I train to Pompeii for Sat. night? It looks like I'd have to take a train back to Naples, then to Benevento, taking about three hours. How late do the trains run, and what time should I plan to leave Pompeii on Sunday?

4 Answers Jan 29, 2015 at 10:46 PM
    • modern Pompei

by papabravo Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Is modern Pompei a nice town to visit? We are staying there whilst visiting old Pompei

6 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • time frame

by DiannR Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

How much time should I allow for a trip from Naples to Pompeii then to Mt Veusviusm hike to the rim and return to Naples?

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    • raining in Pompeii

by box6983 Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 2:12 AM

I will be going to Pompeii for the first time this Sunday (Can't change my dates). I have looked at the weather forecast and it is meant to be raining. Will this ruin the experience and should I plan the day any differently?

5 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • tifftr's Profile Photo

Bus to Mt. Vesuvius?

by tifftr Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Can I take a bus to Mt. Vesuvius from Pompeii?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible

by AbhinavA Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Hi guys

I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.

- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
      - Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
      - Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
      - Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
      - Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
      - Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
      - After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.

Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy. :-) :-)

Abhinav

5 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • Pompeii travel

by tamara_91 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM

is a day trip to pompeii possible from rome? we will be travelling with our 10 year old brother
      thanks

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • Possible to travel in one day

by bangles Online Now Nov 23, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I will be in Rome for 1 day only on a cruise ship. How far from Rome is the sea Port? I have been told the port is about an hour from Rome but I am not sure. I would really like to see Pompeii and wondered if it would be possible to hire a car/guide for the day. At this stage I understand the ship will be in port from 7am till 7pm. The people I am travelling with have been to Rome before, but by plane and we would like to know if we do no other sightseeing except Pompeii would it be possible in that timeframe, Thanks for any information

9 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • shopping in pompeii

by oceanblue8 Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM

At the exist of the pompeii excavations there is an eating area opposite with several specialty shops. One of the shops sold a small statue of the dancing faun which I was sorry I did not buy at the time. I would now like to try and get this as it was actually made in Italy - could anyone assist me on how to find the name of the shop?

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • pompeii streets

by dichaba Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I want to know Pompeii streets names

8 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • wendynixon's Profile Photo

Pasha Star hotel

by wendynixon Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Cant see internet access at this hotel and iv already booked lol anyone know of an internet café ner by ?

3 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • wendynixon's Profile Photo

best place too stay

by wendynixon Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

looking at visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum

5 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    • Getting from Sorrento to Pompeii then on to Naples

by dogfoodgirl Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We'll have duffels and want easily get to Pompeii, spend 4 hours there with a guide then be taken to our next hotel in Naples. Only have quotes from drivers/guides charging ALOT. Any suggestions?

35 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Pompeii + Vesuvius

by manuna Online Now May 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I am planning to make a 1 day trip Pompeii+Vesuvius in August. We will go by car and we plan to start rather early, at 8 a.m. I remember that it was very hot in Pompeii when I was there last time. On the one hand going up Vesuvius also can be hot, but on the other it is a little bit colder up there. So the question is ; what should I start with Pompeii or Vesuvius?
      May be there is something else that I should take into account? May be crouds of other tourists coming by bus-excursions? Where they are more likely and at what time?

7 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    • HazelB12's Profile Photo

pompeii

by HazelB12 Online Now May 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM

How much is a ticket into pompeii ruins in june? Thank you.

2 Answers May 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    • day trip from rome

by arttboy Online Now May 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM

how to do a day trip from rome?

3 Answers May 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM