VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Poland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• NYE Warsaw

Warsaw Dec 28, 2016 at 3:49 AM

Hello there!

With New Years Eve I will be spending my time in Warsaw with a friend of me.

Does anybody knows any good parties, activities, fireworks or something? I saw on the internet that there will be firework at the Stare Miasto. Can anybody give me some more information about NYE in Warsaw?

Thanks a lot!

more

Popular Poland Travel Answer Locations

• NYE Warsaw

Warsaw Dec 28, 2016 at 3:49 AM

Hello there!

With New Years Eve I will be spending my time in Warsaw with a friend of me.

Does anybody knows any good parties, activities, fireworks or something? I saw on the internet that there will be firework at the Stare Miasto. Can anybody give me some more information about NYE in Warsaw?

Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Dec 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Snowmobile operators recommendation

Zakopane Oct 31, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Any recommendation for snowmobile operators?
      Thank you!

1 Answer Oct 31, 2016 at 4:29 PM
    • Arriving super early morning, safety?

Warsaw Oct 26, 2016 at 1:27 PM

I am currently about to start a trip to Warsaw, but sadly the only viable means of transportation was a bus arriving at Zachodnia station towards 4:25 AM.

Therefore my question is; What safety measures can you recommend to ensure I don't get in trouble while waiting for morning? Based on what I have seen written about safety in Warsaw, taking the night train is out of the question, but I would not be sure how safe it is to stay outside either. Is there someplace I could maybe go? Maybe a hotel with open lobby in the area would be perfect. I am staying at an AirBNB, but cannot check in until 8 AM (it's located in the area around Centralna.

In advance thanks

6 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    • poland trains ?

Poland Sep 4, 2016 at 3:21 AM

Hi, I wonder are the prices I see on the IC site will be the same if I buy on they of travel at the office?
      I want to travel from Warsaw to Gdansk, the price is 120Zt is it constant?
      Thank you

8 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 9:31 AM
    • Krakow to Prague

Krakow Aug 29, 2016 at 9:43 AM

I want to get from Krakow to Prague by train. How many trains are there each day? How long is the journey? What is the cost? And do I need to buy tickets in advance or can I just buy them at Krakow station on the day? There will be 4 of us. many thanks.

7 Answers Sep 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM
    • Copernicus telescope?

Krakow Aug 25, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Hi,

I have heard that in Krakow there is a church with some kind of telescope which belonged to Nicolaus Copernicus. Is something like that situated in Krakow? I cannot find the information anywhere on the internet. If yes where could I find the church?

Thanks

3 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 7:11 AM
    • visiting auschwitz and krakow

Krakow Aug 20, 2016 at 3:50 AM

hi me and my husband are thinking of booking a trip for late November we live in the UK and I was wondering what everyone would suggest.
      we're think 3 to 4 days but where would you recommend staying and what else would you recommend seeing. any help would be amazing thanks

5 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 6:19 AM
    • Korin79380083's Profile Photo

Dadaj Poland

Dadaj Aug 14, 2016 at 1:59 PM

We are staying at Mieszkanie Dadaj. Is there anywhere close by that we can buy food from? Any restaurants?

4 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM
    • question about "vise-free" rules in poland

Poland Aug 13, 2016 at 11:19 AM

hello,

I'm holding an Israeli passport and on the last 2.5 months i spent my time in France. in two weeks the 90 days of my schengen visa will be expired and I'm going to have to leave France. I've been reading somewhere that holders of Israeli passport (and some other countries) have an option to enter into Poland and stay there up to 90 days after their regular Schengen visa has been expired (of course the entry to Poland should be before the expiration date of the Schengen visa)

is anyone knows if this information is true ? (I've checked in the official website of polish government but it is really not clear there)

thank you for your time

5 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM
    • coffee and beer i Gdansk Poland

Gdansk Aug 10, 2016 at 6:33 AM

For medical reasons I drink Decaff Coffee and Zero alcohol beer. Does anyone know if either of these are widely available in restaurants in Gdansk?
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 10, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    • Airport to city

Krakow Aug 8, 2016 at 3:02 AM

I will be arriving at Krakow airport at 21:55 with Easyjet.
      Will I have any problems getting into the city at this time of night ?
      What are the options ?
      thanks

3 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 12:30 PM
    • lucy321's Profile Photo

Kraków airport bus location

Poland Jul 24, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hello there,

I'm arriving at Kraków airport KRK on Monday afternoon and I'm booked on Majer bus to Zakopane an hour or so after arriving. How do I get from the baggage collection to the bus?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lucy

4 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

Warsaw Jul 21, 2016 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Warsaw from Saturday afternoon, August 20 and leaving Tuesday morning, August 23. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

Krakow Jul 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM

We will be in Krakow from Tuesday afternoon, August 16 and leaving Saturday morning, August 20. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2016 at 6:05 AM
    • From Dolina Charlotty to Slupsk at night

Gdansk Jul 3, 2016 at 11:28 AM

After Santana's concert in Dolina Charlotty July 8, the taxis are probably pretty occupied. So, is there any other way to get to Slupsk at night; bus, train ....

• lucy321's Profile Photo

bus and train travel

Poland Jul 2, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Hello,

I am flying in to Krakow from Paris, flight arrives at 14.35 25th July. Unfortunately, it's the start of World Youth Week which I didn't realise when I booked my trip to Poland and I think that will cause a lot of extra people! I want to get straight on a bus and go to Zakopane. I would like to book it ahead of time. What would be a realistic bus departure time for me to book? As in, how long would it take me to get from the airport to the bus station? I was thinking of using Majer Bus.

I will also be making the return bus journey from Zakopane to Krakow a few days later, and hope to get straight on a train to Warsaw (I'll be returning for some time in Krakow the following week.) How long should I allow between leaving Zakopane and arriving at the train station for a train to Warsaw? I also want to book the train in advance.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I'm leaving tomorrow for a holiday in Scotland (from Australia), and I want to try to get this sorted before I leave in about 24 hours! As usual, I am leaving things til the last minute and causing myself stress!

Lucy

10 Answers Jul 4, 2016 at 4:28 AM
    • Which one is better, Hotel Artus or Dom Aktora

Gdansk Jun 30, 2016 at 4:30 AM

I'm puzzling over two hotels in Gdansk, Hotel Artus and Dom Aktora. Any ideas which one is better?

2 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 2:59 AM
    • Origate's Profile Photo

Left luggage

Warsaw Jun 29, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Hi, i left my laptop and some clothes in my friend's apartment in Poland. I just simply forgot to pack them before leaving. Do you know cheapest and fastest way to send them from Warsaw back to me? I browsed the internet but the pricing seems incredibly high for me. Any help appreciated! :)

2 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 1:31 AM
    • I need a comfortable hotel

Szczecin Jun 27, 2016 at 2:58 AM

Hi there,
      I need to book a nice and quiet hotel in the center of Szczecin. I only know Dana Hotel, which is very nice. What else can You recommend to me?

4 Answers Jun 27, 2016 at 10:07 AM
    • taxi from airport

Gdansk Jun 25, 2016 at 10:54 AM

can I get a taxi from the airport to Gdansk and how much would it cost

7 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 3:14 AM
    • Visitivng Szczecin

Poland Jun 23, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Hi,
      Can someone recommend me a good hotel in Szczecin? I've only heard good opinions about Hotel Dana (the friend of mine was there a few months ago), someone, something? I can imagine that here is a lot more.
      Kurt

3 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 4:10 AM
    • Buying Ink Cartridges in Poland

Poland Jun 13, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Anybody knows where in Krakow or Warsaw can I find Ink Cartridges and other computer accessories?

2 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 4:56 AM
    • Flight to Brussels on 18/7

Krakow Jun 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Hi,

I am in Australia and beginning a tour of Europe starting in Paris on 20/6 I will be in Krakow on 17th July and have to get to Brussels and on to Lille (by train) on 18th July. I have found a flight at 8.55am but am having problems with the Ryanair site (it gets to the payment by Paypal stage and then errors?? I have just gone to Edreams and they want to charge me an extra $23 to book flight from Australia. Is it better for me to wait until I am in Europe to book this flight? The flight is going up all the time. It started out at $39 when I began having a problem and is now at $66. I really have to get this flight as am attending the Fromelles Centenary and meeting up with people for dinner in Lille on 18th. Other means of transport obviously take too long.
      Karen

8 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 7:40 AM
    • Auschwitz II before Auschwitz I

Oswiecim Jun 7, 2016 at 11:01 PM

We will be visiting Poland next July and we bought tickets online for Auschwitz for the 3.00 visit (unguided tour). Is it possible to visit Auschwitz II before Auschwitz I? We intend to leave the car in the parking near Auschwitz I. Will there be a bus that goes directly to Auschwitz II and back or you have to enter Auschwitz I before to catch the bus?

3 Answers Jun 8, 2016 at 12:11 AM
    • Looking for trip to Auschwitz.

Poland Jun 3, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Hello as mentioned in title im looking for guided trip to Auschwitz from Cracow. I was able to found one company offering such trips. ANyone used it before or can propose different one?
      This is website of mentioned company: http://cracowvisit.com/en
      Many thanks in advance

4 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 1:17 AM
    • Szczecin Its good for summer holiday?

Szczecin May 31, 2016 at 1:50 AM

Hello, we would like in July travel in Poland-Szczecin. We like this city. Can somebody write me how is clima, smog here? Its good idea for travelling this city? Are there some industry factory here? And what we can visit in the city?Thank you.

1 Answer May 31, 2016 at 2:28 AM
    • Which bus do i catch from the airport to the main railway station ?

Wroclaw May 24, 2016 at 5:10 AM

Some confusion over which bus to get from the airport to city,is it 106 or 406 ?

2 Answers May 24, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Lux Express Station

Warsaw May 20, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Can anyone verify that the Lux Express bus station is still at DW Centralny 04 on Jana Pawla II as per web site? Thanks from looking in Warsaw.

2 Answers May 22, 2016 at 5:43 AM
    • Bydgoscz to Berlin by train

Bydgoszcz May 18, 2016 at 12:30 AM

What's involved in getting from Bydgoscz to Berlin by train ?
      thanks

4 Answers May 24, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    • Portable MiFi Hotspot in Poland

Poland May 13, 2016 at 5:37 AM

I will visit Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw and Gdansk. I will need all the trip portable pocket Internet with me. Could you suggest me some local pocket wifi company?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2016 at 8:24 AM