Poitiers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First Visit

Le Cap d'Agde Nov 28, 2016 at 3:19 AM

My wife and I are hoping to visit the naturist resort for the first time next June/July (2017) and we're wondering what's the best accommodation to book?

Many thanks in advance.

more
    • Baggage storage in Paris

Paris Dec 3, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Hi guys,
      I am heading to Paris in January. On my last day I do not need to be at the airport until about 5 o'clock to catch my plane to Sydney. I obviously want to make the most of this as a sight-seeing day(possibly Disnayland) but will have my luggage with me. Does anybody know of any storage lockers or something I would be able to take my big bag to? Does the airport have lockers for rent? Or does Disneyland have big storage cubes? Or would some hotels offer baggage holding even when you have checked out?
      Thanks

more
    • Buying a laptop

Paris Nov 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM

Hi all,

I am going to Paris from 23rd Dec till 3rd Jan for Christmas holiday,
      In Australia normally you get a good deals for laptops in stores like JB High Fi or Harvey Norman, can anyone help me where I can buy a low price portable laptop in Paris?

more
    • Gare de Lyon to Orly

Paris Dec 4, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Hi Paris expert friends - Would someone know the transportation options from the Gare de Lyon to Orly Airport? Thanks, Jean

more
    • JanuszBudd's Profile Photo

Small towns in France

France Yesterday

I would like to explore provincial France, small towns and villages. I have about 3 weeks in May for this project. Has anybody done similar trip?. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

more
    • Solo woman traveling in Paris on New Years Eve

Paris Nov 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I am a 54 year old woman who will be arriving in Paris Orly airport on Thursday, December 29 at 5 pm,
      and flying out of DeGalle airport on Sunday, January 1 at 11 am.

My questions...

1. What area in Paris should I stay in?
      Since I really only have two days I would like a great location to walk to things in the area and as a base for sightseeing. I would be so grateful for decent, hotel and restaurant suggestions in that area?

2. What is the best/easiest way to get from Orly to "that area" at that time of day?

3. Are there any good one day tours?
      I would probably book that for Friday or Saturday, and spend the other day on my own exploring the area around my hotel.

4. What is there to do on New Years Eve? I don't drink but would love to know what would be safe for me to do alone that night.

Thank you very much!

more
    • Archway's Profile Photo

Can anyone suggest a day-trip from Paris?

Paris Nov 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I will be visiting Paris in a few weeks. I have been to Paris numerous times and know it very well. Equally, I have taken many day-trips from Paris and have been to all the obvious places (and even beyond). Can anyone suggest a new place I might visit? I am looking for a place within a two hour radius by train.

I like quaint places, and/or places that has a old worldly feel to them. I enjoy visiting places with a riverside setting as well e.g. Moret-sur-Loing. 

Here is a short list of day-trips I have taken:

Amiens, Auxerre, Beauvais, Bourges, Châlons-en-Champagne, Chantilly, Chartres, Compiègne, Dijon, Fontainebleau, Giverny, Moret-sur-Loing, Orléans, Provins, Reims, Rouen, Senlis, Sens, Tours, Troyes, Versailles.  

I have not listed other places I have visisted that are further a way e.g. Caen, Lyon, Metz, Nancy, Nantes, Rennes etc.

At the moment I am thinking of visiting Meaux (because there is a cathedral in Meaux), but I would like to have a few other places on my list. I thought of trying to get to Avallon and/or Loches, but it appears there aren't any direct (or very few direct) trains to Avallon or Loches.

Many thanks

more
    • maxjasper's Profile Photo

How to: TGV to TER at Poitiers Gare

by maxjasper Online Now Mar 28, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Hello folks,

I will have a train change at Gare Poitiers, TGV to TER. TER is 2nd class and my ticket shows neither a VOITURE# nor a PLACE# but only says "SANS RESERVATION". I will have only 12 minutes to find my PLACE on TER. I will not carry much luggage but have no clue how to proceed to my TER and which VOITURE and which PLACE!

Last year I had the opposite change from TER to TGV and was easy to find my PLACE from GARE monitors & COMPOSITION DES TRAINS monitor.

But this one I never experienced. I hope someone here can give me some helpful guidance.

Many thanks in advance.heart

Max.

3 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 3:04 PM
    • What to do

by Maryry61 Online Now Aug 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I am thinking of booking a weekend away to Poitier for my hubby and I, can anyone tell me what it's like? We like walking and culture, eating out and a few drinks ! Do all bars close early and stay closed Sundays. Any comments appreciated . We are young 50's

2 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM
    • english speaking

by col38 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 4:55 AM

do a lot of the locals speak English as my French is ok but not great

9 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • rudolf105p's Profile Photo

Getting from Poitiers to Saint-Savin

by rudolf105p Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I assume it must be easy to get from Poitiers to Saint-Savin by bus or train but ... can anyone confirm that

Thanks in advance
      Marek

6 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • rudolf105p's Profile Photo

Cheap accomodation for a few days in Poitiers

by rudolf105p Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Hi all virtual tourists :)
      I have been searching for any cheap accomodation in Poitiers, I mean hostels that are from 10 to 15 or so euro per night, but urfortunately I haven't found any :(
      I am crazy about romanesque architecture and I would love to visit church in Poitiers and the one in Saint-Savin nearby, but I can only afford cheap accomodation ( 3 nights ).
      Does anybody have any suggestions ?
      I would be very grateful
      Marek from Poland

8 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • How can i get reasonable Taxis in poitiers

by diva001 Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

How much do taxi's cost. E.g calling a taxi to take you to the club. I hear taxi`s in poitiers start charging u from the minute they start making their way down to get to u. I find that quite ridiculous! Any help?

6 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • Public transportation from Poitiers to St-Loup for day trip

by kpk082048 Online Now Dec 15, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Hello, I am visiting Poitiers in February and want to visit the birthplace of Saint Theophane Vernard in St-Loup, is there any public transportation that would allow a day trip there and does anyone know where I could get city information about St-Loup and sites related to Saint Theophane, thank you Kevin

8 Answers Dec 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    • Supermarket near Futuroscope

by pasilva Online Now Mar 22, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Does exist any kind of supermarket near Futuroscope? In Google Maps appears an Auchan but someone put a comment saying doesn't exist anymore.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    • Food for dinner for 30 people

by Sylviajane Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Where could I buy great food, such as quiches, tarts, salads and roulades for a mid-week dinner party. It would be helpful if I could order the food from Australia and pick it up on the day. The wider the range of food options the better.

1 Answer Dec 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    • Taxi fare from Poitiers to Futuroscope

by jonsameeki Online Now Aug 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

Could someone give the approximate cost to hire a taxi to go from Poitiers station to Futuroscope please?

Many thanks,
      Jon

5 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    • Taxi Service

by GKPmueller Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Are there taxi's available from Poitiers Train Station to Chateau St. Loup in St. Loup de Marie and from St. Loup back to Poitiers Train Station?

3 Answers Jul 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    • Looking for a "rugby" bar please

by poimier Online Now Nov 7, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Is there a knowledgeable person who might point me to a bar in Poitiers where I can watch international rugby, Sky TV sports I suppose ?

Many thanks from Poimier

2 Answers Nov 8, 2009 at 4:50 AM
    • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Hotel advice.

by Andrew_W_K Online Now Aug 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I'm taking my 10 year old little boy to Futuroscope for 2 days with a cheap Ryanair flight. Last time I went I had my car so I didn't stay there. Should I get a hotel near the park or stay in Poitiers city centre? Is the bus service from the centre to the park good?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    • Suet's Profile Photo

cheap car hire

by Suet Online Now Apr 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I will be travellling to Poitiers soon and arriving at the airport. Does anyone know of a cheap car hire place ??? we will need the car for a week. I would be most grateful for your answers. Sue

1 Answer May 1, 2009 at 3:21 AM
    • Apartments in Poitiers

by burado Online Now Nov 16, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Bonjour! I am sorry but I can not speak French. I will a student at Poitiers University beginning in January, 2008. I am looking for an apartment near the University. Could anyone tell me the names of some apartments in Poitiers? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

1 Answer Dec 9, 2007 at 9:46 PM
    • About accomodation

by neerajg Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 10:28 AM

Hi
      I would like to know if there's ne cheap accomodation available for summer students here in poiters, preferably close to ENSMA (near Futuroscope). Also are there ne cheap bulk ticket options available for furoscope.