Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

are all museums in Bucharest closed on mondays?

Bucharest Oct 18, 2016 at 9:06 AM

our plan for the moment is:
      arrive at Gare de Nord
      bus to Revolution Square, check monuments, buildings and Romanian Athenaeum
      walk south into Old Town
      walk south to Unirii square, maybe short stop to Parliament Palace for photographs
      back to hotel room (400m S of Unirii sq)

what will you add there?
      from what I see most if not all museums in Bucharest close on mondays.
      but is this case for all of them? I try to put some indoor attraction the day we will visit the capital but cant find something.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

one day in bucharest, what to do?

Bucharest Oct 16, 2016 at 11:37 PM

what would you do if you had one day in Bucharest?
      we plan to arrive at the train station at about 11:30am so I'd like to hear an itinerary from there (with no taxi)
      we will depart the next morning (no time for sightseeing that morning, just breakfast and bus to the airport)

Near Ploiesti

• Wedding in Ploeisti

by soulanon Online Now May 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Hi, im form uk & will be attending a relatives wedding (i dont think it is a traditional one) as best man in Ploesiti later this summer. A couple of questions:
      1) What are Romanian Weddings like - are there any local customs/traditions I need to be aware of.
      2)Do best men normally make a speech & is there anything i should / shouldnt say (I've not arranged translation yet !)
      3)Is there anywhere to go for a stage night in Ploeisti ?
      4)Are credit cards accepted in Ploesti & are ther plenty of ATMs ?
      5)What are the best buys ?
      6)Any other help ?

Many thanks

1 Answer May 8, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    • hoober's Profile Photo

rent apartment

by hoober Online Now Mar 23, 2004 at 7:38 AM

Hi, looking apartment with 2 rooms toilet & shower For 30 days or more The location is not so important but not in a crime zone! Likewise looking a car Or to rent till 200 eur for 2-3 weeks Or to buy ford fiesta, Subaru gasti & ect 400-600 eur The car must have paper for prompt driving Time of arrival April 2004 Best Regards Hoover Moshe

1 Answer Mar 23, 2004 at 11:58 AM
    • Ploiesti-Cheia access

by lucianblue Online Now Jul 2, 2003 at 1:55 PM

Is there a regular bus service running from Ploiesti to Cheia or from Maneciu to Cheia ? What about a train connection between these cities?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2003 at 1:15 AM