Playa del Carmen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• long term rentals

by AdventureLifestyle Online Now Sep 17, 2016 at 6:34 PM

what's best way to find long term rentals from 1-3 months ?

local newspapers?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    • weather late july early august...

by ourtrip2016 Online Now Jul 22, 2016 at 8:49 AM

going next week 30th-aug 6 and seeing very very hot temps... is there much of a breeze ??? sounds unbearable this was the week i could take...

1 Answer Jul 22, 2016 at 3:55 PM
    • Vacationing in Playa Del Carmen for the first time - Excursions?

by pdc_first Online Now Apr 19, 2016 at 7:12 AM

My best friend and I will be traveling to Playa Del Carmen the last week of June to the first week of July. We booked it through a travel agency and this will be our first time traveling abroad to Mexico. We booked an all inclusive resort at the Riu Playacar. It seemed to meet most of our preferences: relaxing, somewhat smaller and quieter resort with beach access.

Since we will be staying at an All Inclusive, the food, bedding etc will be taken care of. I imagine some of the nearby amenities (snorkeling, golfing, swimming, etc) will also be included.

We shelled out quite a bit of money for the hotel, so we are looking for fun & affordable excursions/things to do/ places to visit nearby. Free is also nice. :) I've read about the Rio Secreto (~$100 pp?) which looks AMAZING as well as other cenotes. Also saw there were jungle buggy rides, visiting Chichen Itza, Tulum, swimming with dolphins in the ocean, the all inclusive Xplor park etc. I can't list them all because there seems to be so much to do! We really don't know where to begin, and will only be there for a week so we'd like to take advantage of our time there without emptying out our wallets too much...Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM
    • 2016 vacation March

by dragonfly48 Online Now Jan 30, 2016 at 4:30 PM

I have tried posting this 3 times now. Not sure where it is going. But would love some help.

We have never been to Mexico before. Planning a trip this year. Part of which will be spent around the Playa Del Carmen area. Looking for beaches, relaxation, to soak in the culture, and some good drinks - not on the party scene. We will be flying out of Cancun and were wondering what the best way to spend 4 days would be...Starting point - Playa Del Carmen. (after returning from Cozumel). Any suggestions would be helpful.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 1:17 PM
    • Staying in Playacar

by Leslie0220 Online Now Jan 29, 2016 at 10:19 AM

If you are staying in a condo in Playacar 1, where is the beach access? I heard it is hard to find public access if you aren't staying in the big resorts.

2 Answers Jan 30, 2016 at 11:47 AM
    • Tours or what to do

by be4travelling Online Now Jan 6, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Hi, we are travelling to Playa del carmen on June an would like to know of any agency or operator to book some nice tours. My friends and I wouldn't like to share the tour with outher people, we'd rather have it as a private service. Do you know any guides or business that offer something like this? Our budget isn't tight and we're 10 people.
      We are interested in something like Akumal, Yucatán, Chichén Itzá and places like that is what we want to visit.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2016 at 11:45 PM
    • matman109's Profile Photo

craft beer

by matman109 Online Now Jan 3, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Are there any bars or stores in Playa del Carmen to purchase craft beers?

1 Answer Jan 3, 2016 at 2:37 PM
    • Nightime safety

by gregthomas999 Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 6:04 PM

My girlfriend and I plan to stay in fairly cheap hotel a couple of kilometres inland of coastal strip in Playa del Carmen. How safe is it to walk or take local taxi to nightspots and return at night?

1 Answer Dec 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    • SandyBeachesR4Me's Profile Photo

Best Things to see and do in Playa

by SandyBeachesR4Me Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Other than 5th Ave. and night clubs, what other things are a must see in Playa? I will be taking the Ferry to Cozumel for a day trip but being there for a week looking to fill up my other days. Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    • Where should I exchange my usd for pesos?

by serfasc Online Now Dec 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Should I use my hotel, atm or find a bank?

10 Answers Dec 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • Jeweler in Playa Del Carmen

by Ninino Online Now Dec 17, 2015 at 5:15 AM

What is the name of a reputable jeweler in Playa Del Carmen who can authenticate a bracelet?

1 Answer Dec 18, 2015 at 3:01 AM
    • alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

Fun spots off the beaten path

by alexloves2travel Online Now Dec 3, 2015 at 6:05 AM

So we will be leaving for Playa del Carmen in 2 weeks. We are staying right off of 5th Ave and are looking for near by towns to visit and local spots for the week we will be there. We like to do and see local things and get away from the other tourists, such as swimming, snorkeling, hiking, eating, etc. We will be taking day trips to Akumal, Tulum, Cozumel.

We are looking for additional nearby areas to visit and or specifc things to see in these towns such as certain cenotes ,local restaurants etc. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

7 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 5:37 AM
    • Sept 26th to Oct 3rd

by Packerfan524 Online Now Sep 16, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Hi I was wondering we will be traveling next week to Playa del carmen and i see it's supposed to rain everyday we are there will it rain all day long everyday the chances are 40 to 80% Just wondering.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM
    • Ulys's Profile Photo

Playa Del Carmen?

by Ulys Online Now Aug 30, 2015 at 12:50 AM

My partner and I are landing in Cancun on a Sunday night 9 pm, we are thinking of getting out of Cancun and going straight to Playa Del Carmen, we are looking to party on our first night or two, looking for some live music venue perhaps, would be great but not sure about on a Sunday night or where? We are also looking for accommodation near the happening area, somewhere private with a balcony, nothing too flash, any hints? But I heard Playa Del Carmen shuts down around 10pm on a that right? Maybe then if that's true we should perhaps just stay in Cancun for a night… any hints? Thank you

1 Answer Aug 30, 2015 at 7:49 AM
    • Transportatio

by lonparnew Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 9:27 AM

What would be the cheapest and safest way to get to the ruins in Tulum from a resort in Playa del Carmen? and Are the ruins close to restaurants within a walking distant?
      What would be a the appropriate amount of Cash to bring for this day-trip?

3 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 12:43 PM
    • jacqulin's Profile Photo

rental car

by jacqulin Online Now Jul 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Is it easy to get a rental car  from the airport Cancun to the resort in playa Del Carmen? Thank you

4 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM
    • Condo / Appartment

by plante2020 Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM

We are planning our first vacation to Playa del Carmen around December 13th. We are planning a 1 month trip with our 2 sons (12 and 14 years old), we are very excited!

I know that this is the worst possible time of the year to travel, but with school and everything, this is the only time possible for us. As you can imagine, budget is a big issue. We are looking for a condo/appartment is a safe area, idealy gated but not a muste, a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and if possible close to 5th avenue and the beach to avoid taxi and bus travelling. To stick to our budget, we need to stay below 1200$ for a month

Would anyone have suggestions?? Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 5:12 AM
    • apartment for rent in PDC

by Reanimatorsk Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM

we are planning to visit PDC in Dec19 till Jan. 8 Anyone can advice a reliable source to rent a studio with kitchenette or 1 bdrm apt? Our budget is around $50 per night. Thank you!

8 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 4:25 AM
    • Accident in Mexico

by cc1959 Online Now May 28, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Has a one ever pursued a personal injury case for an accident that happened at an all inclusive resort in Mexico?

4 Answers May 30, 2015 at 8:59 AM
    • Hotels and family oriented.

by luckymom Online Now May 22, 2015 at 7:37 PM

I am trying to help a family of 5 plan a trip for the month of July. Would like an all inclusive stay and it needs to have enough to entertain the kids also. Thanks.

1 Answer May 23, 2015 at 3:03 AM
    • Which all inclusive to stay at?

by Msundt Online Now May 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Help, I have been researching all inclusive resorts all day in Playa Del Carmen and I am still not sure where to stay. My husband and I are going in October. We want to be around other people and have fun, but want alone time too. We would like to stay where it is tropical and has a Caribbean flavor. We are on a budget but could probably splurge some to stay in a nice resort. We are in our early 50's so were not really into kids. We would like to go into town and if its within walking distance that would be nice, but not a requirement. My husband likes to dive and I like to snorkel. Any suggestions?

11 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 9:46 AM
    • Local Culture

by superthereso Online Now Feb 16, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Are there any "non-touristy" things to do to experience the culture of the area? Maybe something like a market; much like a farmers market. Things that the locals do on a regular basis.

5 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    • Airbnb playa del carmen

by mattswanson022 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Moving to playa the end of April and interested in leasing condos/apartments on Airbnb for some supplemental income. Does anyone have any experience you can share?

• Paddle boards

by lovesmybeach Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Hello. Can you rent and ride paddle boards? Are rentals available on the beach near resorts?

2 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 6:40 PM
    • snorkeling photo Review

by skubalk Online Now Dec 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Looking to buy a Underwater Camera for Snorkeling Camera. But When i check these review its very Confusing,.. Any Expert Can Suggest me a Cheap and Best Camera?

6 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM
    • Beach bar near the cozumel ferry

by J.W. Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Where is a good place to rent a chair / table right on the beach that has good food and drinks?

3 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • danbragg's Profile Photo

Casa Melissa Hotel

by danbragg Online Now Nov 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM

how is the Casa Melissa hotel and where is it?

3 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • PatriciaL15's Profile Photo

Buses or Rental Car

by PatriciaL15 Online Now Sep 28, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Lately we have heard some horror stories regarding rental cars in this area of Mexico. Although we know there are many visitors that use rental cars without incident we were wondering if we should just stick to the buses instead. Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

6 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • VISA Pictures

by newplayanative Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Does anyone know where I can get VISA pics taken in Playa?

2 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • Weather in September - rain?

by ginabea Online Now Sep 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Hi we're planning a trip to Playa the last week of September but the weather report says rain, rain, rain. Can someone there please tell me how bad is the rain? We have 2 little kids and the last thing we want is to be stuck in a hotel! Please advise.

Thank you,

3 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM