VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Pitlochry

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mobile Phone Carrier?

Scotland Jan 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM

We plan to purchase our first smart phones before visiting Scotland in June. Are their providers you would recommend and/or any we should avoid? We'll mostly be in Edinburgh and the Highlands.

(The more I learn, the more excited I become in anticipation of this trip.)

How sad that this site is closing! The Scotland page has been so welcoming and helpful! Many thanks to all who've responded to my questions.

more
    • Not much lodging available due to bank holiday.

Edinburgh Feb 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM

We are flying in to EDI for the start of a 3-week driving trip around Scotland. We arrive on Thursday 5/27 and will stay near the airport for 1 night (we arrive late in the evening). We thought we would then spend 3 more nights in a B and B in central Edinburgh. However, due to the bank holiday, many of the places where we would like to stay aren't available. So, instead of touring Edinburgh first, we thought we would head out of town and see some other sights/cities first and see Edinburgh at the the end our middle of our stay. Any suggestion of where we should go first since Edinburgh will be crowded? Thank you, Cynthia Burbank, CA

more

Near Pitlochry

• PICTURES TAKEN

by ali-sherry Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Can anyone tell me where the pictures are taken in Pitlochry, the ones I am referring too are the ones taken beneath the rail bridge, the lower water falls and upper parts of the river taken by iandsmith it looks lovely and would like to visit this part of Pitlochry, thanks.

5 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    • bedrooms

by mcamp Online Now Jan 26, 2012 at 7:18 AM

We are a group of 3 so are looking for a triple room, are there triple rooms at Pitlochry Hydro?

1 Answer Jan 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    • Night out

by deri-jean Online Now May 30, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Is there plenty places to go in pitlochry for a night out

1 Answer May 30, 2006 at 7:50 AM
    • Best places to see

by derijean Online Now May 23, 2006 at 8:54 AM

Where is the best places to visit during my stay in Pitlochry.

1 Answer May 27, 2006 at 6:32 AM
    • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Salmon

by Marpessa Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 5:21 PM

Hi! Many years ago in an age known as the 70's my mum went to Pitlochry and saw the salmon swim upstream - are the salmon still there - and at what time of year does this happen? Thanks :)

1 Answer Jan 11, 2004 at 5:58 PM