Pinhão

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Festivals in are around Lagos in May

Lagos Nov 13, 2016 at 6:32 AM

Any festivals in Lagos, Portugal in the late May ?

more
    • craigkay's Profile Photo

US Citizens living part time in Portugal

Portugal Nov 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Hi all,
      Several of us (US citizens) are contemplating a part time residence in Portugal and are considering various cities and options, including Lisbon, Algarve and smaller towns north of Lisbon. If anyone has suggestions as to where to start our research and share experiences, I would appreciate all comments. Any practical advice (access to medical care, climate, etc.) is very welcome.
      Thanks!

more
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Transportation to Pinhao (Alijo) arriving in Porto at 16:00

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I am looking at changing the first night I'm spending in Porto to staying in Pinhao overlooking the Douro. I arrive in Porto around 16:00

FIRST PART:
      I found the scenic Douro train in the cpt.pt site but it does not originate in Porto. I also looked to see about a train to Regua, but none came up, even doing the Site Map for cpt.pt.

Any idea how to get from Porto to Pinhao with luggage arriving Porto 16:00?

SECOND PART:
      Has anyone taken a boat to cruise the Douro leaving Pinhao in the morning towards Porto (with luggage) - any good companies?

This is a little different from my first post, because I'm hoping to stay overnight in Pinhao to enjoy the area even if for a little while.

If nothing works, I'll just have to book the tour from/to Porto - but I would *love* to stay overnight in Pinhao.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM