VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Pigeon Forge Travel Answers

change location

Shops and recreation

by JoelandMeli Online Now Sep 29, 2004 at 10:03 AM

My husband and I are are newly weds living in "Flood-rida" and are excited to go to Pigeon Forge and out of Florida for a week. Should we buy clothing at the oulets when we get there or should we buy them here. Outlets to us here means you get a good deal for name brand stores. Also, are there any good white water rafting places or is that even a good idea. Any reviews on Dollywood? Never been , loved to know. Thank you in advance !!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Re: Shops and recreation

by soccergrrl Online Now Sep 29, 2004 at 11:34 AM

It has been a few years since I was there, but the outlets at Pigeon Forge are part of one of the big "outlet" chains (Tanger, maybe?) -- so the deals will probably be the same as at the ones near you, assuming yours are outlet malls (as opposed to a single, true "outlet" for a store or catalog) too. We didn't go to Dollywood, so I can't help you there. Pigeon Forge and nearby Gatlinburg are both more or less endless tourist trap kitsch -- but that makes them interesting in their own way. Great Smoky Mt. Park is beautiful; don't miss it! Have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines