Philippine

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel with balcony

Manila 13 hours ago

sole traveler going to Philippines hopefully next month, can someone recommend a good cheapish hotel with balcony and near the beech and night life
      Many tanks Richard

more
    • AJD371's Profile Photo

Bus schedule and fares from Bancasi airport to Bislig City

Philippines Jul 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Is there a website that shows the bus schedule and fares from Bancasi airport to Bislig city?

more
    • Any recommend place to visit for 3 days

Boracay Island Jul 13, 2016 at 3:10 AM

I'm going on these year October 1 to 4, kindly I wanted to go any recommend places like helmet diving and etc, some sort of water activities.

more
    • getting to the calapan port

Calapan Jun 29, 2016 at 12:10 AM

I'm wondering what the best way to get to the calapan ferry port is coming from the city of Gloria... is my only option to take a scooter or is there a 24/7 transportation option I can call or find to get me there?

more
    • VISA FREE ENTRY

Philippines Jul 18, 2016 at 7:18 AM

HELLO,
      We are senior citizens from India having Valid tourist visa to the United states.( for next 6 years)
      We want to visit Philippines for Tourism Purpose from 10th August till 15th August 2016.( 6 days).
      We understand that we are eligible for Visa free entry.Please clarify.
      What are the documents we need to carry other than our Passport and USA visa?
      Thanks and regards.
      ESSEL

more
    • Itinerary ideas for 10 days, flying into Cebu

Philippines Jul 17, 2016 at 8:28 AM

I'm looking for recommendations and ideas to get the most out of our holiday. We fly into Cebu at the end of September & have 10 days before flying out again. We would like to do some scuba diving, snorkelling, island hopping & relax on the beach. Where's best to go?

All ideas are much appreciated.

more
    • Matnog to lipata surigao city

Matnog Jul 1, 2016 at 4:28 AM

How can I get there?thanks

more
    • Tester perfume warehouse

Paranaque Jun 29, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Hi guys does anyone know saan located somewhere in parañaque ung warehouse ng tester perfumes?.. They claimed as "US tester perfumes", "dubai tester perfumes", etc. marami nagsasabi around parañaque area ko dw mkikita ung warehouse.. My nkakaalam po b saan located ito? Pls help.. Thanks

more
    • Banaue Sagada Baguio Trip this August

Sagada Jul 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Hi guys, I am hoping you can help me here. Me and my Friend will be visiting Banaue-Sagada-Baguio this August. From August 28-September 1, 2016.

Itinerary
      Day 0- August 27,2016
      10 PM leave from Manila

Day 1- August 28, 2016
      7AM - Arrive in Banaue
      Breakfast and See Banaue Rice Terraces
      9AM - Leave for Sagada
      12NN - Arrival in Sagada
      3PM- 6PM - Start DIY tour to Sugong Coffins and Lumiang Burial Cave
      7PM - Rest

Day 2- August 29, 2016
      4:00AM – Kiltepan Sunrise
      6:30AM – Rock Farm Cafe / Orange Picking

9:30AM – Echo Trail Tour
      •The Episcopal Church of St. Mary the Virgin
      •Sagada Cemetery
      •Echo Valley
      •Hanging Coffins
      •Underground River
      •Bokong Falls

12:30PM – Sagada Weaving
      12:45PM – Lunch
      Rest a bit
      2PM - Walk to Lake Danum then Sagada Pottery.
      6PM - Dinner
      7PM – Rest

Day 3 – August 30, 2016

7AM – Travel to Baguio
      1PM – Arrival in Baguio
      1:30PM – Botanical Garden/ The Mansion/ Burnham Park/ Mines View Park/Camp John Hay then rest.

Day 4 – August 31, 2016
      7AM- Breakfast
      7:30AM- Leave for La Trinidad
      8AM- Strawberry Picking and then La Presa
      12PM – Back to Baguio then Visit the remaining places We haven’t visit
      8pm – Back to The Hotel

Day 5- September 1, 2016
      7AM- Back to Manila

-Is this okay? Any recommendations?

And Few things I wanna know,
      • How is the weather during late August in these areas? I checked AccuWeather.com for weather forecast, but I want to get an insider knowledge accuweather.com/en/ph/sag......

• Days 1 and 2 are in Sagada and I understand that there are Tour Guides in the area, but I would like to know if it’s advisable to get a Guide. Why and why not? If so, I would to solicit for recommendations.

• Is there any public transport going to Kiltepan or do I really need to rent a van or jeepney? I understand that renting a van or Jeepney would cost us Php 500, but we want to save as much money as we could. Any recommendations?

• I haven’t book any hotels for Sagada yet, do you any recommendations?

Thank you very much in advance for your outputs.

more
    • JeanD39's Profile Photo

Looking for a travel buddies for my Mindanao, Philippines trip.

Philippines Jul 8, 2016 at 8:30 AM

I'm 20 year old and i'm looking for someone who can travel with me around Mindanao.

more
    • were to go?

Philippines Jul 19, 2016 at 6:40 AM

who knows boracay island?

more
    • hirdy's Profile Photo

Kalibo to Boracay

Boracay Island Jul 7, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Hi there are 3 people travelling from Australia to Boracay in August and I was hoping someone can give me a link to organise transport from Kalibo Airport to our hotel on Boracay.

Whilst in the Philippines we are also travelling to Cebu and Iloilo and the second question I must ask if anyone out there can give me a link to book bus transport from Iloilo to Boracay please as we are travelling by Cebu Pacific from Boracay to Cebu and Cebu to Iloilo.

Thanking you for your assistance in these matters.

more
    • mgmn002's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Quezon

Quezon City Jun 27, 2016 at 12:51 AM

Is there a lovely resorts for honeymoon in Quezon ? If yes, how much does it cost.
      If no, please guys where can i find such a lovely, quite island to enjoy my honeymoon in Philippines ?
      Thanks

more
    • Hotel with balcony

Manila 13 hours ago

sole traveler going to Philippines hopefully next month, can someone recommend a good cheapish hotel with balcony and near the beech and night life
      Many tanks Richard

more

Near Philippine

• Mt. Pulag DIY

by Matchi0729 Online Now Jan 13, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Hello!! Anyone here been to mt.pulag recently? Just wanna know if anyone has updated rates of guides and rentals :) thanks!!!

• kattierivera's Profile Photo

Philippine immigration officers/airlines about one way ticket

by kattierivera Online Now May 18, 2015 at 5:13 AM

I am going to Vietnam next month and plan to book a one way ticket since it is not really an issue in Vietnam airport. I will have 3 months single entry tourist visa. The question is, will the airlines or immigration officer here in Manila airport ask me about my return ticket? I am not a first time traveler; I've been to different parts in Asia and New Zealand but I don't remember if the IO asked for my return ticket (hehe). I am actually confused. Expats in Vietnam are telling me that's its alright to book one way ticket. No one asked them about their return flight when they go there but of course it's case by case. One of them told me that they booked a return flight but it was put to waste. Can any Filipino answer me or any knowledgeable citizen out there? :) I plan to extend my stay OR I might go to New Zealand from Vietnam(I will apply working visa in NZ Embassy in Vietnam). Any thoughts? Should I just buy round trip ticket instead? I'm thinking its a waste of money but I don't know. Thank you everyone!

10 Answers May 19, 2015 at 9:15 PM
    • From el salvador to dahilayan nature park

by Annes12 Online Now Mar 25, 2015 at 4:44 AM

What mode of transportation are we going to take if we are from el salvador to dahilayan??please answer

1 Answer Mar 25, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    • 2 Questions about money

by MartinT32 Online Now Jan 29, 2015 at 6:38 AM

2 questions really,
      1. Is it better to take my own bank ATM card or to use travelers cheques? I will be coming from the UK
      2.My hotel payment is covered but how much spending money will I need for 14 days? I still have to pay for food and I like to have 1 decent meal each day. If possible I would like to do some tours also but I really just need a rough estimate to be able to have a good time

15 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    • Puerto Princesa to Dumaguete

by sun_dance Online Now Jan 18, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Hello all!
      Anyone know if there is a ferry from Puerto Princesa, Palawan to Dumaguete?
      Thanks in advance~

4 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 2:17 PM
    • Which beach to visit???

by sun_dance Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 6:12 AM

We will be making first trip to Philippines come Feb. We only have 11 days there. We are thinking start with 3-4 days in Boracay then wanting to visit a beautiful beach not too touristy we don't care about night life, electricity would be nice and a warm shower comfy bed, good snorkeling if possible right from the beach were staying at. I look at El Nido but it reads like a long travel day to get there and were short on time. Thoughts on Coron area as we can fly there. thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

16 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    • rental accomodation in Tagatay

by fourex Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM

ive heard that rental accomadation a few klms out of tagatay is quite reasonable priced is that info correct?

4 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • What to see more of

by TinaG23 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 6:36 AM

My husband and I are visiting the Philippines for the fist time in February. We'll be staying for 17 days. We're flying into Manila but we would like to see a little more then Manila in a budget friendly way. We would also like to hotel hop. What are the best hotels to stay at?

Thanks in advance...

5 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 1:05 AM
    • Shane_Australia's Profile Photo

What exactly am I eating ?

by Shane_Australia Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 4:43 AM

I'd like to visit the Philippines for a two week holiday with my family. So I decided to do some online browsing about the the Philippines and came across an article (Below) that horrified me. It concerns the common practice of torturing, killing and eating dogs and cats. My question is : If I take the family out to a restaurant and order beef, lamb or pork, how can I be sure that I'm not being served dog or cat instead ? .......................................................... PHILIPPINES: DOG MEAT CRUELTY IN EVERY WAY: this dog is having it’s SHOULDER’S RIPPED OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS by the brutal cruelty inflicted on it by it’s new owner: a dog eater who sees it as nothing more than a ‘MEAL’ Before being carried like a bag, the dog was already in considerable pain from having it’s FRONT LEGS WRENCHED BACKWARDS AND TIED UP ONTO IT’S SPINE, which is completely unnatural for a dog. It’s hind legs were also bound tightly. The DOG’S MOUTH was bound tightly shut then an old TIN CAN JAMMED ON IT’S FACE. The Philippines has a hot climate (you can see the men are wearing sandals) and dogs NEED TO PANT TO COOL THEIR BODY TEMPERATURE. The dog must have gone through tremendous panic and overheating, through terror and not being able to cool itself and lower it’s stress. (The photo was taken a few years ago in a PHILIPPINES DOG MEAT MARKET.) Recently, a friend of mine LIVED IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR TWO YEARS and every Wednesday afternoon their next door neighbour would HANG A LIVE DOG UP, beat it with a club as it screamed BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS of agony, then the man would start skinning the dog before it was even dead. He would then boil it and his family would eat it. The screams of the dog would have my friend and her FAMILY CRYING AND DISTRAUGHT INSIDE THEIR HOUSE, reeling in horror at what what happening. Because the neighbour was doing this outside, not only would they HEAR THE SCREAMS OF THE DOG and the thud of the dog being brutalised but the SMELL would also waft over to them. Dog meat has a particularly pungent stench. My friend and her family began leaving their house on Wednesday’s to try and avoid the horror but that was not always possible. Eventually they MOVED TO ANOTHER HOUSE because they could not bare what was considered “normal.” This has NOTHING TO DO WITH “CULTURAL TRADITIONS.” That is a MANTRA that’s used as an excuse for animal cruelty. The Philippines government has LAWS IN PLACE THAT NEED TO BE ENFORCED RATHER THAN IGNORED. The dog meat trade is outlawed in the Philippines but it definitely STILL EXISTS, even with authorities arresting dog traffickers from time to time.

70 Answers Sep 14, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • artlocks's Profile Photo

ATMs in the Philippines

by artlocks Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Are ATMS becoming more common in the Philippines? Are they common in the bigger cities now? I was there 2 years ago and didn't see any ATMs. But I never really looked hard for them either. I have been always using the many money changers.

6 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • Taxis Manila

by eveonpoll Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Can anyone please tell me what the fare is, more or less, from Manila International Airport to the H2O hotel? And can you recommend anyone? Thanks

9 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    • EttaT's Profile Photo

Cagayan de oro

by EttaT Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Going to Cagayan De Oro. We would like to go to the White Island while we are there ? Any recommendations for a tour company that would accomadate 6?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • angel_lean's Profile Photo

Would we enjoy?

by angel_lean Online Now Apr 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Hi VTer's. Me and my fiance are booked for this weekend at Arizona International Hotel at Subic. Would you guys give me an idea if the place is just alright? basing on the reviews I read lately from a different site, it does look great,however I really can't tell yet. Would appreciate more insights or reviews about the hotel/place. Thanks much and more touring to all of us! =)

2 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    • dcmbs6691's Profile Photo

Weather in May for Vigan

by dcmbs6691 Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Hi VT'ers,
      Just a simple question on the weather. We're intending to be travelling to Vigan in the first 2 weeks of May. I know that currently in Manila, there is still rain. What is to be expected for the region where Vigan is on the north west coast?
      Can we still expect to be doing beach type stuff in early May? I was told that rain will be present until at least end of July on the mainland.

Lastly, any recommendations for reasonable accomodations - pensionnes, BnB's or hotels fine. As long as it's between 1-2K pesos per night. I prefer family run places for intimacy and that personal touch.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers Chucky.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    • Maria&Florin's Profile Photo

Best Beach for family holiday in January

by Maria&Florin Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 6:33 AM

We would like to spent January 08 holiday on a beach. At least 2-3 weeks. We don't know where would be the best. We will take our 1yo child and her grandma... I guess we look for something like a resort or a calm beach. We still need the pubs in the evenings :)...and so everyone will be happy.
      We won't fix a budget but should be average, variations are tolerated though. We will highly appreciate any advises, as we want to make it nice.
      From Shanghai, with thanks !

6 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 5:39 AM
    • Philippine: where there is a beautiful sea ?!?

by pami03hk Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 12:52 AM

HI! I'll go on Philippine on february but I don't know too much abotu this place. May be someone could help me.. !I'll stay there for a week so I wouldn't to do many transfer (plane+car+bus+boat+bus..finally resort!! he! he!). I would like find a nice resort near airport, with nice beach and sea.
      I've seen that Boracay it's nice.. there is other place as Boracay sea but nearest possible to airport? We don't make diving so only to swim and relax!
      Sorry for my bad english!
      Thanks!

6 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • WTTWBB's Profile Photo

GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTION OF PHILIPPINE

by WTTWBB Online Now May 24, 2003 at 10:57 PM

I plan to visit Philippine next Jan or Feb. for hiking and volcano trekking. 9 days. no idea about Philippine Luzo island. especially the north frield of Luzon. I only know some place name as: Taal volcano, Manila, Sagada, Baguio, Banaue. Can you suggest me any places worthy to visit? or help me with a hiking enroute? Tks.

12 Answers Jul 26, 2007 at 2:06 AM