Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• patoo's Profile Photo

Ticket for museum : Van Gogh + Anne Frank

Amsterdam Nov 10, 2016 at 9:03 AM

Hi,
      Could someone help me? I'm trying to find where i can buy in advance ticket for both in advance (web) or at Tourism Office... in order to avoid queue and lost of time.
      Thank you for your help.
      Pat

more
    • HDHansen's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve fireworks and transport

Amsterdam Yesterday

Hello... We may be able to be in Amsterdam for New Year's Eve and are wondering if it's worth it since we don't know the area very well and don't want to fuss over not knowing where we are or how to get where we want to be. Our hotel would be near the airport. So, our questions are... Where are some of the best places to be to watch the fireworks and how concerned should we be about safety? Also, will it be easy to return to the airport in the wee hours of the morning on New Year's Day? ...... Any info would be appreciated...... thnks............

more
    • patoo's Profile Photo

Train ticket from Shiphol Airport to Central Amsterdam Station

Amsterdam Nov 10, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Hi,
      I am wandering what is the cheapest and quickest way to go from the airport to Amsterdam Central Sation?
      Is it train?
      I find this website discoverholland.com/Ticket/1...
      (4.20 € single ticket)
      Is it the right way to book a ticket in advance?

Thank you for your help
      Pat

more
    • Should I start cycling from Harleem or Leiden?

Amsterdam Nov 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm planning for my honeymoon trip to Amsterdam in May 2017. I intend to rent a bike and start cycling either from Harleem or Leiden (cycle by the flower field). Whichever start off point, I will make a U- turn back as cycling across towards the other side will take quite some time and i'm not quite sure if I can catch the off peak period to return to the original start off point by train. I understand that we can only bring our bike up the train during off peak period. Thus, i decide to cycle halfway and make a u turn. With this, i would like to ask, is the windmill at the flower field located at Harleem or Leiden?
      Thank you in advance for all answers.

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Peanuts in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Nov 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM

I am considering taken a trip with a granddaughter in June 2018 from Houston to Tanzania, and I will have to switch planes in either London or Amsterdam. I was thinking I would fly KLM. The child has a severe peanut allergy such that if she gets near a place which has had peanuts, she has an anaphylactic reaction and has to use an epi-pen and go to the ER immediately.

Does anyone know if KLM still serves peanuts?

And will it be a problem with eating in Amsterdam to avoid peanuts or places where peanuts would be in the food?

more
    • Petten

by VanPatter Online Now May 1, 2004 at 4:05 AM

Where can I get genealogy information about Petton? I have recently discovered that my earliest known ancestor was Albertese of Petten. Born in 1540. I am very curious about the area. Most of what I have read says it is now a nuclear town. I understand it used to be a fishing village. I would love any other pictures available or just any history in general.

2 Answers May 2, 2004 at 4:28 AM