Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

New Years Eve ball or restaurant

Saint Petersburg Sep 23, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Hoping for some advice on where to go for New Years Eve in Saint Petersburg...

I realise that this is a very important time for Russian families to spend time with each other. However, for guests to the country, what would you suggest would be the most interesting thing to do / place to visit to get a taste of NYE festivities?

I know a lot of people will wander along Nevsky Prospect to gather in Palace Square. Not particularly into drunken crowds, so would rather consider something like:

1. A quieter place but still good views to see the fireworks... Perhaps Strelka?
      2. The best restaurant that will offer excellent food with festive / cultural entertainment... perhaps L'Europe or Bellevue Brasserie?
      3. A NYE ball or other cultural occasion, such as the Tsar's Ball at Catherine Palace, but perhaps not quite so prohibitively expensive!

Thank you for any advice!

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Peterhof and Catherine's Palace

Saint Petersburg Oct 5, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Would love to visit both Peterhof and Catherine's Palace in December. I realize winter is not ideal, especially for Peterhof, but would still like to go.
      To save time, is reserving a tour a more time-effective way of doing it compared to using public transport? Is it possible to request a tour, visiting Catherine's Palace early in the morning and visiting Peterhof later in the day before returning to St Petersburg?
      Which is the best tour company to go with?