VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Perugia Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation, Transport, Things to see and do

by Mrs5131 Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My wife and I will be in Perugia in mid Jan 2013. My wife has mobility issues and at times will need to be in a wheel chair. After cheap/reasonable ground floor or room with a lift that is within walking distance of train/bus station as we will be coming from either Rome or Florence. Also need information about what to see/do and wear the locals eat and shop.

Thanks guys.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation, Transport, Things to see and do

by Beausoleil Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Perugia is pretty hilly. You might want to rethink your base. How about Lucca? It's flat and would be more accessible to a wheelchair.

Just a thought.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation, Transport, Things to see and do

by leics Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Perugia as well?

As noted, this is a hilly area. The railway station is quite some way from the historical centre of Perugia: you will need bus or taxi or a longish walk.

As with all the other places you have asked about, the Vt Perugia travel guide (all content written by members) will give you information about what to see/do etc:

Perugia Travel Guide

and www.booking.com and www.venere.com are the places to look for accommodation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines