change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lovina's Profile Photo

Are you still there :-) ? Looking for a VT member in Lima

Lima Nov 27, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Several years ago (10 years more or less) I have contacted a VT member in Lima.
      She helped me organising an apèro and dinner for friends of mine traveling in Peru for their honeymoon at the Rosa Nautica.
      I would like to get back in touch with this VT member in Lima if possible, to thank her personally, as I will be traveling to Lima for my first time next week.
      Hope to be lucky enough :-)
      Cheers,
      Mauro

more
    • Lima to Caramajca Peru.

Peru Nov 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Does anyone know what airlne flies this route? How often and the cost? Thanks

more
    • lovina's Profile Photo

Are you still there :-) ? Looking for a VT member in Lima

Lima Nov 27, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Several years ago (10 years more or less) I have contacted a VT member in Lima.
      She helped me organising an apèro and dinner for friends of mine traveling in Peru for their honeymoon at the Rosa Nautica.
      I would like to get back in touch with this VT member in Lima if possible, to thank her personally, as I will be traveling to Lima for my first time next week.
      Hope to be lucky enough :-)
      Cheers,
      Mauro

3 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 10:04 PM
    • Lima to Caramajca Peru.

Peru Nov 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Does anyone know what airlne flies this route? How often and the cost? Thanks

2 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 9:13 AM
    • s083629's Profile Photo

Transportation from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales (Chile)

Chile Nov 6, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for transportation options from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales (cost is not an issue)? Also, I see that Air Mexico has flight from Los Angeles to Punta Arenas. Anyone have this experience?

2 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 3:42 AM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Amazon Jungle in February / March

Peru Nov 6, 2016 at 9:40 AM

I am considering going to Peru in February or March and I would like to visit some part of the Amazon Jungle.

Looking at the average climate figures, the temperatures and rainfall at Iquitos in the north of the Peruvian jungle doesn't seem to vary too much throughout the year. Does February / March seem like a good time to visit this part of the jungle?

Also, is there much difference in flora and fauna between the area around Iquitos and the southern areas of the Peruvian jungle near Puerto Maldonado? Does anyone have a strong preference for the north or the south of the Peruvian jungle?

3 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 2:10 AM
    • Indy80's Profile Photo

Are January 2017 Tickets for Machu Picchu available

Machu Picchu Oct 29, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Ticket availability in January 2017 is not posted on the official website machupicchu.gob.pe Can anybody advise how I can go about booking tickets for the 5th of January 2017. When are they released? If I go through an agent will they have access to tickets?

12 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 3:53 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Historic Lima by foot?

Peru Oct 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM

It looks like Plaza San Martin, Plaza de Armas are six blocks from each other, a ten minute walk. Is it safe to walk around during the day? Lunch recommendations?:

3 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 6:23 AM
    • is there a bus to Pilcopata from Cusco?

Peru Oct 21, 2016 at 8:53 AM

We (couple) will be in Peru in May of 2017, ad we would like to know if there are public buses going to Pilcopata from Cusco? or any advise how to get to Pilcopata without spending a lot of money.
      Thank you

10 Answers Oct 22, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    • Season of Year

Machu Picchu Oct 7, 2016 at 11:01 AM

When is the best time of year to go for weather, low crowds, etc.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Fear of the height

Machu Picchu Sep 1, 2016 at 7:11 AM

Do you think somebody with a serious fear of the height could have problems in visiting Machu Pichu?
      Thanks

9 Answers Nov 4, 2016 at 10:16 AM
    • Huaraz weather september

Peru Aug 29, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Hi,
      I'm planning to go to Huaraz mid september after visiting Lima. But I've checked a couple of weather forecast websites and they all seem to say it's gonna be rainy and cloudy in the whole month of September, which would obviously be bad because I would not see anything of the peaks and scenery and the hiking would be hell.

example weather forecast:
      accuweather.com/nl/pe/huaraz...

Does anybody know if these weather forecasts are reliable? Or anybody in the region right now who could tell me if it's actually like this?
      If not, should I take a chance and just go and see what happens..? I was really looking forward to hike the Santa Cruz trek or a different one, so I hope someone is going to give me some GOOD NEWS. Ancash is after all the highlight of my trip and it would be sad to miss out!

Thanks in advance

Danny

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 4:36 PM
    • Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?

Nazca Jul 20, 2016 at 5:58 AM

I am planing to see the Nazca Lines in the beginning of August. From what I read it is the cheapest to go the local airport and by the tickets directly there. I thought flights only go from Nazca but then I saw some reviews saying that they flew from the airport in Pisco and Ica. So is it also possible to buy tickets at those airports last-minute? And if yes, is the price the same? The cheapest i read was 65$ pp at the Nazca airport.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2016 at 5:53 PM
    • Arequipa -Puno-LaPaz-Puno-Cusco

Peru Jul 18, 2016 at 7:34 AM

I am reading about the buses in Peru and have no idea which company is good to choose. Our trip will be in the end of September, 2016
      1. Bus Arequipa - Puno: that to save time we wanted to go during the night. Is it safe? What bus company could be the best option with at least semi-cama seats? The best companies in forums 4M and Cruz de sur goes during the daytime.
      2. Puno-La Paz(copacabana also)-Puno - not big distance between cities, bet also maybe any suggestions about travel there?
      3. Puno: does anyone have information about the local ferry to Uros islands and Tequile island, arrival and departing times from Puno port, Uros port, Tequile port and prices?
      4. Puno - Cuzsco - again is there any suggestions for night trips? If it is safe? What bus companies could be suggested?
      5. Bus prices - is there any difference of price if you buy bus tickets in advance or the same day?
      6. Maybe someone were there in the end of SEP or begining of Oct. How crouded buses are? We will be 4 people so wonder if we do not buy in advance , will we receive the same places in the bus.
      Thank you for answers in advance and greetings from Lithuania :)
      Agne

2 Answers Oct 22, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

US gift card in Peru?

Peru Jul 17, 2016 at 5:38 PM

We want to give our niece and her new (Peruvian) husband a gift card or prepaid card to take with them for a wedding present. It will be acquired in the US, but used in Peru (Lima, I imagine).

It appears that Visa cards will work for this scenario. Anything that we should know before we run out and buy one to give to them before they leave to spend the next 2 years in Peru?

Thanks!

Bill

3 Answers Jul 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM
    • solo traveller

Machu Picchu Jul 4, 2016 at 7:27 AM

I was wondering if there is a company that caters for solo travellers from the uk that wouldn`t cost the earth, to visit machu picchu,it seems a bit difficult to do on my own,flights and hotel i can manage,or is there any fellow brits planning a trip for next year who would welcome a companion?

7 Answers Yesterday
    • Best Rainbow Mountain trek agency

Cusco Jun 30, 2016 at 6:34 AM

Hello! I am currently in Cusco and overwhelmed by the nimber of agencies offering Rainbow Mountain treks, especially in one day. Does anyone have experience with this trek? We would like to do a 2 or 4 day hike, and are most interested in this route so far: ayni-peru.com/rainbow-mounta...

Please help!

• Transportation from cuise ship in Salaverry, Peru to Trujillo airport

Salaverry Jun 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM

We are going on a cruise that stops in Salaverry and we need to get to the Trujillo airport for flight to Cusco via Lima. We are not going thru the cruise line package, we booked our own visit but need to get to the airport. It's the only thing I need to be sure of now. Do you know if cruise passengers can book a seat on their package tuor bus to the airport? I doubt it very much. Cruise arrival is 5:00AM our flight is a 9:10 so should be good for time but need the transport. Any specific advice is welcome. Thank you so much.

• csuresh's Profile Photo

Machu Picchu and Amazon

Peru Jun 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM

I was planning for a week trip to Peru mainly wanting to cover Machu Picchu and Amazon. I will travel from London and hence will get down at Lima. Can you please help me with the itinerary? Also if I want to goto Amazon just to get a flavor of the place and some exotic animals - what is the best and cost effective way to do my visit.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Colca Canyon and national reserve park

Arequipa May 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Hallo my friends. Can you pls recomend me a company to hire a 4x4 with a driver to get us to Chivay in the afternoon, spend the night at Chivay and next morning tour only by car the various spots of the canyon and on our way back drive through the National reserve Park and the Lagoon Salinas for the flamingos?
      Actually I have no idea where to ask for such a tour. Pls help if you can. Thank you.

• agathi's Profile Photo

car rental company in paracas

Paracas May 18, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Any suggestion for a car rental company in Paracas? Thank you.

2 Answers May 19, 2016 at 3:30 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Paracas tours

Paracas May 18, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Hallo. Pls tell me in order to do the Ballestas tour do we have to just get at 7.30am to the port and buy a ticket? What if too many people do this? Are there more than one boats? Or do you think it is better to book it through an agency? But this is an additional 20 dollars to per person.
      As for the National reserve Park do you think we can do it by renting a car? Is it possible to do this? And when we want to get closer to the edge of the cliffs to see the view, the car has to be left alone on the road? Any personal experience?
      I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

3 Answers May 18, 2016 at 4:58 PM
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Dr Cabrera museum

Ica May 18, 2016 at 1:56 AM

Did anybody visit this museum? Is it possible to appear without booking? They didn't answer my mail so I'm not sure if it's worth making a detour..

• agathi's Profile Photo

tour the colca canyon

Arequipa May 17, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Hallo again my friends. Any idea on how to tour the Colca canyon without a guide? Actually we would like to drive there early in the morning to see the condors at their best and then tour various spots without tracking. So, is hiring a taxi a good idea or should we try sth else? Perhaps rent a car? Taxis shall be rent through the hotel or on our own from the city centre? Thank you.

1 Answer May 18, 2016 at 3:32 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Puno to La Paz by touring

Puno May 16, 2016 at 3:59 PM

We would like to tour the villages from Puno to the boarders with Bolivia and then take a ride to La paz. Do you think that hiring a taxi driver to get us to the boarders would be a good idea? Is it possible to catch a bus from Copacabana to La paz fromt the boarders? Thank you.

• agathi's Profile Photo

tour to the sacred valley

Cusco May 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Hallo my friends. We are thinking of hiring a car or a car with a driver to make the tour to the sacred valley. Do you have any recomandations on either the transportation or where to find a good driver? I read that it is much more expensive to rent a car than a car with a driver. We will end the tour at Ollantaytambo where we have to catch the train to Agua Callientes.
      Thank you.

10 Answers May 20, 2016 at 5:31 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Pampas Galeras Nazca

Nazca May 15, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Hallo. Has anybody visited the Pampas Galeras around Nazca and tell me if it is really worth the tour? Thank you very much.

6 Answers May 16, 2016 at 6:38 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Paracas Tours

Paracas May 15, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Hallo. I am really confused and I wish you could help me. We want to depart from Lima for Nazca. But we will either take a night bus and fly in the morning over the lines which is a bit too tiring for us since we have never traveled by a night bus and we don't know how well we will be able to sleep. Or take an early bus and split the drive by touring in Paracas at the Ballestas islas, the National Park and the Huacachina desert and then depart for Nazca. My question is if all these tours in Paracas are really worth to spend a day there or it would be better to add this day as a plus to a more local coloured city like Cusco or Titicaca Lake.
      I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

4 Answers May 17, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Puno and Titicaca

Puno May 15, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hallo my friends. I need an advice. We want to get from Cusco to Puno.
      1. Do you think the 8 hour bus with sightseeing stops is a good idea?
      2. We will only have one day in Titicaca. Which of the islands do you think we should visit?
      3. On our way to the borders to pass to Bolibia we want to visit the villages of the lake to see the architecture and the churches. Do you think that doing this tour on our way to the borders is a good idea? Or passing the borders in the morning is better? And how do you suggest to make the tour? Rent a taxi for a day perhaps? Then shall we arange for a bus to pick us up from the boarders to get us to La paz?
      Thanks alot.

6 Answers May 16, 2016 at 5:37 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

transportation to La paz

Puno May 3, 2016 at 1:19 PM

What is the best company to travel from Puno to La Paz? Thank you.

6 Answers May 4, 2016 at 11:35 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

tour questions

Peru May 3, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Hallo my friends. We want to arrange the following plan while visiting peru:
      31/5 arrive from Lima to Paracas and do the National reserve tour (skipping the Ballestas island) and then visit Huacachina desert. Then depart for Nasca.
      1/6 Have the Pampa Galeras tour and then fly over Nasca lines. Depart with a night bus for Arequipa.
      Any suggestions how to do all these?

5 Answers May 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Machu Pichu - 2 days

Machu Picchu Apr 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I've booked trains and hotel to spend 2 nights at Aguas Caliente. But buying tickets for entrance to Mp worked not so good. I have 2 tickets for the first day to MP+Mountain, but booking for MP+HP for the second day was denied - overbooking. Its weird, because site still shows 31 ticket available for my date.
      So can anybody suggest what can I do on the second day (my train is rather late).
      Is it any chance that I'll buy tickets on the site day before?
      Can we hike by ourselves near Aguas Caliente? Are there other places of interest except MP?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM