Travel Answers
Pennsylvania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Downtown Pittsburgh - for a stay and family time for a weekend.

Pittsburgh Aug 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Hi,

Would you have any opinion for a visitor with young adult family members to stay in downtown Pittsburgh to have good time for a weekend vacation? Any comments from frequent travelers or natives of downtown area much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tarun

2 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 10:29 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Best areas for tourists to stay in Philadelphia

Philadelphia May 2, 2016 at 3:37 AM

We are a couple in our 40's looking at spend two nights in Philadelphia as part of a road trip in September.
      Could anyone recommend the best parts of Philadelphia to stay for tourists? Also does anyone have any recommendation for hotels?

Many Thanks

8 Answers May 2, 2016 at 8:21 AM
    • driving from Ohio to Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Apr 27, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Any suggestions for a half way stop for some fun 5/1st -5/2nd, Sunday-Monday? national park waterfall/hiking, county fair, antique shopping ? I am 58, she is 20

Thank you for any suggestions. It's a 10 hour drive from College to home.
      Leslie

6 Answers May 5, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    • uchi2000's Profile Photo

Help for spanish speakers in Philly

Philadelphia Oct 12, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Are there Any tours or recomendations for spanish speakers? Feeling kind of lost just speaking few words in english.

2 Answers Oct 15, 2015 at 4:53 AM
    • Haven't seen my brother in 12 years...

Philadelphia Oct 7, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Hi all,
      My name is Natalia and I am from Brazil. I am currently living Kutztown but I have lived in Philadelphia and suburbs neighborhoods in Montgomery County. My brother and his wife are coming to visit and spend Christmas and New Years Eve with me. I would really love to know the "Must go Places" in Philadelphia I should take them. Any ideas and suggestions? Although I have been here all these years, school kept me away from exploring this great city.
      Thank you !
      Natalia.

7 Answers Oct 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM
    • sreenu26's Profile Photo

hii iam indian

Pittsburgh Sep 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM

hi iam indian i want to come pittsburgh pennsylvania how to i will come plz tel me process

13 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Flying into Pittsburgh wk end of Sep 12th cost of taxi to Station Square & what to do?

Pittsburgh Jul 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM

We are flying into Pittsburgh on the week end of Sep 12th and what would you estimate the cost of taxi to Station Square? We are going to see the Pirates play and what else would to do? In the triangle on Market Square, there was an old bar, does it still exist? Do they still have piano music in the lobby at night at the William Penn?
      Any suggestions on what to see and do are appreciated.

4 Answers Sep 11, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    • Four Points Sheraton

York Jul 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Looking to book rooms for family reunion in August and this is by far the cheapest hotel rate I could find.
      But the amenities are vastly superior to other hotels in area.

What's wrong? Area....strip club across the street or something?
      Crime?
      Just want to check before booking block of rooms ...thanks for any insight
      Eileen

2 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 6:12 AM
    • Restaurant

Huntingdon Jul 12, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Good restaurant near Huntington pa for Sunday lunch

• Colton Point State Park Vs Leonard Harrison Park

Leonard Harrison State Park Jul 7, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Hello,
      I'll be staying at the gorge this weekend. Any advice on which park would offer a better experience. Campers will include myself (35) my son (5), my brother (49) and his daughter (11). I understand campgrounds at Colton are first come first serve. Does it fill up?

• long term rental

Pittsburgh Jun 30, 2015 at 3:01 AM

hi any advice about long term rental,thanks

5 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • rent an apartment or studio

Pittsburgh Jun 28, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Hi my son will stay for 2 yrs study near children's hospital ,any advice for good private Accomodation affordable. Secured,easy to reach hospital ,rent for 2 yrs

2 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    • Re: Gettysburg Pennsylvania USA - Diorama (sp?) Is it still there?

Gettysburg Jun 23, 2015 at 1:40 AM

I was in Gettysburg about 12 yrs ago and we stopped and saw a miniature of the battlefield that explained the whole battle. It really helped me to understand where I was as we went on tours and I;d like to see it again when we get out there this summer.. Is it still there? I think it was on the road on the way to the battlefield visitors center and gift shop. Thanks!

Marti M.

4 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • curio shop

Philadelphia Apr 30, 2015 at 8:48 AM

There was a small oddity shop in Philly, it had 3 rooms that got stranger as you entered. I lost the address. Please does anyone know about it?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM
    • Ending a journey early

Philadelphia Apr 13, 2015 at 10:45 AM

My question is about a trip I have planned to Jacksonville (FL) from Madrid. I am looking at a flight from MAD to Philadelphia, then change and fly onto JAX. I want to know if I can end my journey at Philadelphia as I fancy driving down through the Carolinas. The deal I have with this return trip is less than half the price if I flew direct from MAD to Philadelphia. Would there be a problem at immigration? What happens to the luggage - I've done mulit stop trips before and once the initial check in is done, I have not seen my bags until reaching the final destination. Thanks and regards.

4 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • cab fare airport to 30th st

Philadelphia Feb 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM

How much is cab fare from the airport to 30th street station?

6 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 1:26 PM
    • recommended duration in Philadelphia

Philadelphia Jan 24, 2015 at 1:59 AM

Hi, All. My boyfriend and I are taking a trip to Northeastern USA in the beginning of April 2015. We will be flying into PHL, then NYC, then BOS. The entirety of the trip will be 10 days.

I've been looking at previous forum questions and looked on www.visitphilly.com (very useful website!), and wanted to know how many days VTers would recommend spending in Philly. We are trying to figure out how many days to allot to each city (with as many days as we can in NYC). I know it's a tough question to answer, as it's all dependent on individual tastes, but what are your recommendations to hit the typical "top sites" of the "City of Brotherly Love".

We are in our 30's, love culture and food, and seeing the beautiful sites and landmarks of a city. We will definitely hit the historic area, South Philly, and the multitude of museums available.

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    • Restaurants

New Hope Dec 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM

What's the best place to eat in this area that's not real expensive?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    • If you knew a particular area was dangerous, would you post the information here?

Phoenixville Dec 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I have lived in Phoenixville for many years. Unfortunately my experience has been horrible. Shortly after moving to Phoenixville my wife and I learned that the neighborhood was overrun by drug dealers and drug gangs. Our stance on illegal drug activity made us targets. I am now being targeted by Organized Stalkers (aka Gang Stalking). I am harassed 24/7, have had my property vandalized on a regular basis and have had to install security cameras around my property. I will not go into further detail. If you come to Phoenixville you are placing yourself at risk. There are people here that have no regard for the law and they are plentiful. Google Phoenixville Drug Arrests.

Should I post this in the general comments area so that people considering coming here are aware of the consequences?

3 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 2:55 AM
    • restaurants

Ricketts Glen State Park Oct 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM

what are some good restaurants in the area?

1 Answer Oct 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    • Shopping Questions

Philadelphia Oct 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Hi,

Years ago I did some shopping in Philadelphia in a store that carried everything from Electronics, Jewelry, Clothes, Food.... etc. The store was so large the workers wore roller skates. Do you know the name of the store and is it still in business?

3 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Public transport from Graduate Hospital to PHL airport?

Philadelphia Oct 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Whats the best/cheapest way to get to the airport from graduate hospital? Traveling alone. Driving myself isn't an option. I don't want to take a bus because its not ideal with luggage. Was thinking taxi or train or subway. I saw on the Septa website that their airport line doesn't run until 5am which is the time I have to be AT the airport so I can't do that. I have a 625am domestic flight on a weekday. Any advice? I'm thinking it would be a 430-445am pickup.

3 Answers Oct 8, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • Where to stay in Philadelphia with children

Philadelphia Oct 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Hi ! We are planning a trip for the weekend to see the historical sites with our younger children. Is the historical area a good & safe place to stay ? Everyone says its like NYC ( where we live & that you need to know where to stay & where not to ..)
      Ty !!

5 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Halloween Weekend

Pittsburgh Sep 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Hello,

A group of ladies and I are traveling up to Pittsburgh for the Ravens vs. Steelers game on Nov.2 for her bachelorette party. We will be there all weekend and partially during the week, of course almost none of us have been there before. Wanted to know what would be fun around the area to do this weekend? How the weather is normally like? We are looking for the full Steeler Experience! Staying at the Doubletree GreenTree

Hopefully someone can help!

3 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    • Downtown Lancaster fo Amish farms.

Lancaster Aug 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I am taking the train to Lancaster and would like to know if there are any tours available to visit the Amish area.

3 Answers May 22, 2016 at 11:37 PM
    • JohnC72's Profile Photo

Getting back to the airport after the Steeler game

Pittsburgh Aug 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Traveling from Houston to go see the Steelers play on September 28th. I have a 6:35 flight leaving after the game.....am I cutting it too close or could I possibly make it happen? If so, what's the best route to take? Do's and don'ts? I'm guessing I'll have to leave my backpack at the hotel (Hampton Inn)....any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

10 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • safe hotel

Philadelphia Aug 8, 2014 at 9:16 PM

what is a safe hotel to stay at near Bryn Mawr college

3 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    • Boat rides from the public dock

Erie Aug 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I would like to take a boat ride from the public dock over to Presque Isle and back, sort of a tour. What are the times, prices, and length of the trip?

• restaurant

Clarion Jul 30, 2014 at 5:54 PM

anyone know what the name of the restaurant that was in the clarion mall during the 80's

• 50 miles from york PA

Pennsylvania Jul 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

what is exciting to see in Pennsylvania within 50 miles of York PA

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 4:24 PM