VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Peniche Travel Answers

change location

public transport

by riotpaddler Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Wanting to get a rede expresso bus from lisbon to peniche. How do I find out how much it costs and how do I find out if I need to make any bus changes on the route? I do not speak portugese. Grateful for any help that anybody can give.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: public transport

by pietr1 Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM

You find the schedule and the fares if you search in "horários e preços"(timetable) for "Lisboa" on the first text box and "Peniche" on the second.
    The check-box means if you want a return ticket as well.
    Just press "Ok" and there it is.

8.50€ and it´s a one hour and half trip. Please note, some buses doesn´t run on sundays, and others only run on sundays =) There is no bus change during the route.

It´s not an easy website.. but it is accurate and may be helpful if you´re planning to visit some other cities. Have a nice trip and enjoy both Lisbon and Peniche! =)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: public transport

by cubsur Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM

If you would like to see the timetable in English please take a look at this page of mine

www.algarvebus.info/rede-expressos.htm

Also, and nowhere does the official Rede-Expressos site say this, the buses leave from SETE RIOS bus station in Lisbon. This is a large and busy bus station and as you must buy your ticket at the ticket office, make sure you get there 15 -20 minutes before departure time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines