VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Penguin Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Friskyfinn's Profile Photo

Can Ulure be experienced withotu bookin gone of the tours available

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Jan 7, 2017 at 2:33 AM

We have 2 nights, 21/2 days booked in Uluru in FEB. Is it possible to get close to 'the rock' amd experience what Ulury has to offer without booking one pf the many tours available?

more
    • Anybody wanna give me company?

Cairns Jan 5, 2017 at 4:49 AM

I am travelling on 24th january from sydney.i was expecting a friend who has a car from brisbane to join me for the entire time.but unfortunately for me, he cancelled.so my question is shud i hire a car to explore the area or is it not worth it.fyi i have booked my hotel apartment at esplanade.as a first timer and just by myself, do u think i will get bored? Any suggestions will be appreciated.thanks in advance

more
    • Trip to Northern territory at Feburary.

Australia Dec 26, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Hi. I'm planning a trip to the Northern territory in January 30 to Feburary 13. I heard that this is a summer season in Australia, and extremely warm. I try to endure the high temperatures, but what I really worried about is rain, and cloud, and activity restriction.

so my question is,
      1. During this period, will rains and clouds make me unable to see sunrise, sunset and the night sky in red center?
      2. There is a high possibility that activities (trekking at kings canyon, Uluru, kata Tjuta, etc.) will be prohibited?

more
    • fishstick's Profile Photo

Traveling to Sydney September 2017

Sydney Dec 29, 2016 at 7:35 AM

What's the weather like and is there festivals or fun outdoor events during that time in September.

more