Pasadena

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• The wonder years's house

Los Angeles Nov 22, 2016 at 6:31 PM

How could I go to the Family savage's House ( The Wonder years) from the Hollywood walk of fame by Bus?. Thanks

more
    • Looking for travel companion from Los Angeles to San Francisco Road trip

California Nov 25, 2016 at 6:08 AM

28 Male, software engineer from india.
      Im doing a solo road trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco on december last week of this year.
      Im looking for a companion or 2, so we can save our expenses on car rent, food and stay, and enjoy all the way till SF, on the pure heavenly coast line, worst best road to drive.

If you are someone who is up for it, you may tag along with me.
      Message me to get in touch asap, as my tickets are already booked, only hotel/motel booking is left.

We can discuss on google hangout or Skype or WhatsApp , if you need.

more
    • Money Exchange

San Diego Nov 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM

We are spending a few days in San Diego before flying to Hong Kong and doing a cruise to China.
      Is there someplace in San Diego we can exchange US dollars for Hong Kong Dollars, and Chinese Renminbi?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!
      Greg Bouillon

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Direct flights - California to BWI

California Yesterday

I am taking a cruise from San Pedro in October 2017. I can get a direct flight from BWI to LAX on Alaska Air. But I can't get a direct flight back. All the flights to BWI require a plane change in some place like Dallas, Chicago or Philly. Would I have better luck flying out of San Diego or San Francisco? Are there any direct flights on any airline from anywhere in California to BWI?

more
    • Echo00's Profile Photo

Will be in SFO for 3 full days

San Francisco Nov 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM

Hi Guys,

I will be going for the first time in SFO on the third week of December before I head to LA. I was going to go with my sibling but ended up now going solo.

I just thought if anyone of you who lives in SFO, and is free, could show me around? Nothing better than having a good company by a local. I decided not to take any summer classes at Uni (currently studying Law) - so I am looking forward to a memorable summer holiday in the USA. 

Will be in SFO from 16-19 December 2016. Please let me know :) 32yo; male; traveller; sensible person here. 

Regards from the Land Down Under :)

more
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

What Transfer time needed at LAX?

Los Angeles Nov 25, 2016 at 5:49 AM

I am planning flights and found one with Alaska Airlines arriving at Terminal 6 - with a 90 minute wait for another flight with QANTAS departing from Tom Bradley Terminal - do you think this is doable? or should more time be allowed between flights
      Are Alaska Airlines usually on time?
      Both flights will be international flights
      Many thanks,

more
    • US-Roadtrip to California in 2017

California Nov 14, 2016 at 6:54 AM

Hello :)

Me (Jennifer, 19) and my best friend (Lea, 18) want to do a road trip in fall 2016 by car.
      - We plan to rent a car, since i work for a big company, we can rent a car through our company rental card. So our age will not be a problem. A normal sedan car would be fine for us.
      - We like to / can stay up to 20days
      - We like to stay in hotels. Not 5 Stars, but the hotels should be good!

We want to start in Los Angeles, and visit the city for a few days. Then maybe drive to Las Vegas and see the city. From Las Vegas we want to see something of the desert, maybe DeathValley, Monument National Park, Grand Canyon? :) And then it would be nice to go from Las Vegas to San Francisco and visit the city. After that we like to drive the coastal highway one down to either Los Angeles or San Diego (if the drive from LA to San Diego is nice?).

Soo... my questions:
      Do you think its a good idea? What should we see visit? How many days do you advice, and where? Any idea how much it will cost? We saw that hotels in LA are around (200-400$/night per room for a double room). Are the other cities similar to that price? What should we definitely do and what definitely avoid? :)

Thank yo for your answers,
      - Jennifer :)

more
    • Need Surprise Birthday party suggestion

by Loverbee Online Now May 27, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone,
      My wife's 40th birthday is coming up and I'd like to throw her a surprise party with about 15 people in the Pasadena/Altadena area. She loves nature, outdoors in general. Anybody knows of a gem location in a decent price range? (Huntington, ec... are too expensive for me)
      Thx for any insight !!

1 Answer May 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • we135b's Profile Photo

2014 Rose Parade Parking

by we135b Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Where is the best place to park for the 2014 rose parade? Easy in and out is preferred over proximity. Our seats are at the corner of Colorado and Orange Grove.

8 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Catching Cab from Parsons Parking

by billbob5 Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM

We plan to take a cab to the Parsons lot and catch a shuttle to the Rose Bowl. Are there cabs available near the Parsons lot after the game?

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    • swancity's Profile Photo

LAX to Pasadena driving at night

by swancity Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM

We will be arriving at LAX around 9:30 pm and will pick up rental car and driving to Pasadena. Will the traffic quiter around midnight? I figure by the time all things done,it will be closer to midnight. Any thought? Thx for input

3 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • LA to Descanso Gardens via Gold Line Metro

by seawabear Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Can anyone tell me if I can reach Descanso Gardens via Metro Gold Line from downtown LA and if so, what stop I should get off at? Thank you. I am from Seattle, WA

3 Answers Jul 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    • Rose Bowl parade

by jlarr57 Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Has anyone gone to the parade near the end of it and been able to get close enogh to see anything. Any suggestions.

thanks

3 Answers Dec 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    • EPTraveler's Profile Photo

Glendale Hotel closer to a Gold Line stop

by EPTraveler Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 1:18 PM

We have tickets for the 2008 Rose Parade and are struggling with the rates and availablity for lodging in Pasadena. Could anyone recommend a moderately priced hotel in Glendale that is a short cab ride to one of the Gold Line stops.

Thank you VT'rs

Joel

3 Answers Jun 27, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Rose Parade 2008 - Have seats...now where to stay??

by EPTraveler Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I just reserved seats for the parade that are very close to the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado. My next challenge is to figure out where to stay, and how to get through the New Years Day madness to the parade. We are trying to avoid renting a car at this point. A couple questions for anyone who can help:

1. Are there any mid-priced hotels located within walking distance of that intersection?

2. If not, are there hotels that offer transportation to the Parade either free of charge to their guests, or for a minimal fee?

If there is smarter way to do this that anyone can recommend,I am totally open to suggestions at this point.

Thank you.

Joel

4 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    • Rose Parade--where to sit

by rferr Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 11:11 AM

I'm thinking of trying to see the Rose Parade by arriving on 1/1 in the early AM and sitting near the end of the parade route. Will there be decent viewing opportunities or am I nuts and just need to bite the bullet and arrive a day ahead?
      Kerry

4 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 9:20 PM
    • Pasadena, CA: Need Suggestions for a surprise Birthday dinner

by SecretBirthday Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 1:25 PM

My girlfriend's 30th birthday is coming up, and me and her friends want to throw a surprise birthday party at a nice restaurant.

There's going to be about 20 people and we want it to be around20-30 per person, and the restaurant should be pretty classy.

We were thinking of Houston's restaurant, but they wouldn't take reservations for more than 5 people.

Any suggestions?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 3:36 PM

Rose Parade 2008

by EPTraveler Online Now Nov 7, 2006 at 7:58 AM

We would like to attend next year's Parade (New Years Day, 2008). I am looking for tips on how to have the best experience with the least amount of stress. Is it too late to plan for 2008? I appreciate anyone who can help with:

Where to stay;
      Who to go to for reserved bleacher seats for the parade;
      How to get from hotel to parade;
      Information on how to tour the floats before and after the parade. Possibly watch them being made.

We are not looking for a bargin basement experience, but always appreciate a good deal.

Thanks you!

Joel

6 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 6:41 PM
    • karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations in Pasadena area?

by karenincalifornia Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 10:25 PM

I lived in Pasadena until 1997 and will be returning with my family for a short visit in a couple of weeks after being away for 9 years. I'm no longer familiar with the restaurant scene. We want to eat dinner a couple of nights in Pasadena (or South Pas). What is your favorite restaurant in either city?

Karen

2 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 4:31 PM
    • grammakarla's Profile Photo

riding stables

by grammakarla Online Now Nov 29, 2004 at 5:38 PM

Also, 3 experienced riders want to trail ride in Pasadena area - hope there are stables somewhere close.... holidaying in feb. 05 thanks, Karla

1 Answer Oct 26, 2005 at 11:39 AM
    • grammakarla's Profile Photo

golf in Pasadena area

by grammakarla Online Now Nov 29, 2004 at 5:36 PM

Anyone know of a municipal or reasonable rate course in Pasadena area? Plan to visit in feb. 05 and will have a rental car to get around. thanks Karla

2 Answers Dec 6, 2004 at 4:08 PM