change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Baggage storage in Paris

by alicepen Online Now Yesterday

Hi guys,
      I am heading to Paris in January. On my last day I do not need to be at the airport until about 5 o'clock to catch my plane to Sydney. I obviously want to make the most of this as a sight-seeing day(possibly Disnayland) but will have my luggage with me. Does anybody know of any storage lockers or something I would be able to take my big bag to? Does the airport have lockers for rent? Or does Disneyland have big storage cubes? Or would some hotels offer baggage holding even when you have checked out?
      Thanks

more
    • Buying a laptop

by Nick-Niko Online Now Nov 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM

Hi all,

I am going to Paris from 23rd Dec till 3rd Jan for Christmas holiday,
      In Australia normally you get a good deals for laptops in stores like JB High Fi or Harvey Norman, can anyone help me where I can buy a low price portable laptop in Paris?

more
    • Gare de Lyon to Orly

by jeanfinney Online Now Yesterday

Hi Paris expert friends - Would someone know the transportation options from the Gare de Lyon to Orly Airport? Thanks, Jean

more
    • Solo woman traveling in Paris on New Years Eve

by Lucy4 Online Now Nov 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I am a 54 year old woman who will be arriving in Paris Orly airport on Thursday, December 29 at 5 pm,
      and flying out of DeGalle airport on Sunday, January 1 at 11 am.

My questions...

1. What area in Paris should I stay in?
      Since I really only have two days I would like a great location to walk to things in the area and as a base for sightseeing. I would be so grateful for decent, hotel and restaurant suggestions in that area?

2. What is the best/easiest way to get from Orly to "that area" at that time of day?

3. Are there any good one day tours?
      I would probably book that for Friday or Saturday, and spend the other day on my own exploring the area around my hotel.

4. What is there to do on New Years Eve? I don't drink but would love to know what would be safe for me to do alone that night.

Thank you very much!

more
    • Archway's Profile Photo

Can anyone suggest a day-trip from Paris?

by Archway Online Now Nov 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I will be visiting Paris in a few weeks. I have been to Paris numerous times and know it very well. Equally, I have taken many day-trips from Paris and have been to all the obvious places (and even beyond). Can anyone suggest a new place I might visit? I am looking for a place within a two hour radius by train.

I like quaint places, and/or places that has a old worldly feel to them. I enjoy visiting places with a riverside setting as well e.g. Moret-sur-Loing. 

Here is a short list of day-trips I have taken:

Amiens, Auxerre, Beauvais, Bourges, Châlons-en-Champagne, Chantilly, Chartres, Compiègne, Dijon, Fontainebleau, Giverny, Moret-sur-Loing, Orléans, Provins, Reims, Rouen, Senlis, Sens, Tours, Troyes, Versailles.  

I have not listed other places I have visisted that are further a way e.g. Caen, Lyon, Metz, Nancy, Nantes, Rennes etc.

At the moment I am thinking of visiting Meaux (because there is a cathedral in Meaux), but I would like to have a few other places on my list. I thought of trying to get to Avallon and/or Loches, but it appears there aren't any direct (or very few direct) trains to Avallon or Loches.

Many thanks

more
    • Gare de Lyon to Orly

by jeanfinney Online Now Yesterday

Hi Paris expert friends - Would someone know the transportation options from the Gare de Lyon to Orly Airport? Thanks, Jean

7 Answers 16 hours ago
    • Baggage storage in Paris

by alicepen Online Now Yesterday

Hi guys,
      I am heading to Paris in January. On my last day I do not need to be at the airport until about 5 o'clock to catch my plane to Sydney. I obviously want to make the most of this as a sight-seeing day(possibly Disnayland) but will have my luggage with me. Does anybody know of any storage lockers or something I would be able to take my big bag to? Does the airport have lockers for rent? Or does Disneyland have big storage cubes? Or would some hotels offer baggage holding even when you have checked out?
      Thanks

5 Answers Yesterday
    • Solo woman traveling in Paris on New Years Eve

by Lucy4 Online Now Nov 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I am a 54 year old woman who will be arriving in Paris Orly airport on Thursday, December 29 at 5 pm,
      and flying out of DeGalle airport on Sunday, January 1 at 11 am.

My questions...

1. What area in Paris should I stay in?
      Since I really only have two days I would like a great location to walk to things in the area and as a base for sightseeing. I would be so grateful for decent, hotel and restaurant suggestions in that area?

2. What is the best/easiest way to get from Orly to "that area" at that time of day?

3. Are there any good one day tours?
      I would probably book that for Friday or Saturday, and spend the other day on my own exploring the area around my hotel.

4. What is there to do on New Years Eve? I don't drink but would love to know what would be safe for me to do alone that night.

Thank you very much!

16 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 2:01 PM
    • Buying a laptop

by Nick-Niko Online Now Nov 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM

Hi all,

I am going to Paris from 23rd Dec till 3rd Jan for Christmas holiday,
      In Australia normally you get a good deals for laptops in stores like JB High Fi or Harvey Norman, can anyone help me where I can buy a low price portable laptop in Paris?

5 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM
    • Archway's Profile Photo

Can anyone suggest a day-trip from Paris?

by Archway Online Now Nov 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I will be visiting Paris in a few weeks. I have been to Paris numerous times and know it very well. Equally, I have taken many day-trips from Paris and have been to all the obvious places (and even beyond). Can anyone suggest a new place I might visit? I am looking for a place within a two hour radius by train.

I like quaint places, and/or places that has a old worldly feel to them. I enjoy visiting places with a riverside setting as well e.g. Moret-sur-Loing. 

Here is a short list of day-trips I have taken:

Amiens, Auxerre, Beauvais, Bourges, Châlons-en-Champagne, Chantilly, Chartres, Compiègne, Dijon, Fontainebleau, Giverny, Moret-sur-Loing, Orléans, Provins, Reims, Rouen, Senlis, Sens, Tours, Troyes, Versailles.  

I have not listed other places I have visisted that are further a way e.g. Caen, Lyon, Metz, Nancy, Nantes, Rennes etc.

At the moment I am thinking of visiting Meaux (because there is a cathedral in Meaux), but I would like to have a few other places on my list. I thought of trying to get to Avallon and/or Loches, but it appears there aren't any direct (or very few direct) trains to Avallon or Loches.

Many thanks

21 Answers Nov 18, 2016 at 9:52 PM
    • Allison316's Profile Photo

Places to Meet Solo Travelers

by Allison316 Online Now Oct 31, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Hi. I'm a single female traveler visiting Paris for the week and Istaying in Montmarte. I was wondering if anyone knows of any cafes or bars where I can meet fellow soli travelers. I'm not looking for crazy partying nightlife, rather just some places where I'm likely to meet other friendly travelers. Any suggestions? Thank you!

5 Answers Nov 2, 2016 at 11:29 PM
    • Paris Stay

by Shidahsha Online Now Oct 23, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Hi fellow virtours!

Hope you guys are doing great!

need your opinion tips on finding any affordable hotels/apartments with balcony (to sit and have coffee with) in Paris?

Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 12:05 PM
    • Best locations to visit

by MuhammedK Online Now Oct 7, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Hi,

I'm going to paris on the 7th of january to the 12th and i'm wondering what should i do there, besides the (Eiffel tower and Disneyland), what are your recommendations.

by the way what are the taxi prices, because my friend told me that taxi rides are expensive and i think he just got scammed

Thanks in advance

14 Answers Oct 19, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

Disney;and Paris

by aymank Online Now Oct 6, 2016 at 2:43 AM

Hi,

is end of October a very bad time to visit Disney in Paris? Both from a weather perspective, but also will rides be open? will the parades still take place and so on?

Thank you in advance

6 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    • Restaurant Roger la Grenouille

by losham Online Now Sep 19, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Does anyone know if the restaurant Roger la Grenouille (26-28 rue des Grands Augustins) is still open? There was a site on the internet that said it was closed and my husband and I really looked forward to going there. We will be in Paris October 3 to 7 and wanted to make a reservation with open fork. But they said they would not book online.
      Thank you for any information.
      Losham

5 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 5:38 AM
    • How do I get from Charles DG to Paris hotel at 6 Arr?

by vasoula1973 Online Now Sep 14, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Hello. I am traveling early October it will be three adults and a 12 year old first time in Paris. What is the best way to get from Charles DG airport to our hotel in the heart of Paris. We are staying in the 6 arr. area. We are so excited. Is a taxi affordable. Train easy with luggage? And cost???? Thanks in advance!!

14 Answers Sep 17, 2016 at 11:40 AM
    • Disneyland Paris

by jfogz Online Now Sep 7, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering where I would find the cheapest tickets to Disneyland Paris?

Thanks in Advance!

3 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 11:09 PM
    • iDTGV versus SNCF

by Ankledeep Online Now Sep 3, 2016 at 11:14 AM

I am making reservations to travel from Avignon TGV to Paris and I see 2 designations; SNCF or iDTGV with the later a few Euros cheaper. My understanding is IDTGV is a subsidiary of SNCF to offer lower fares and everything must be done online. Is it better to use one over the other for any reasons? Thank you!!

9 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 10:14 AM
    • Paris Station to Beauvais Airport

by AnkitB Online Now Aug 27, 2016 at 10:41 PM

Hi,

I will be travelling from Strasbourg to Porto via Paris.
      I plan to catch the 9:45 PM Ryanair flight from Beauvais airport, but have some academic work at Strasbourg early in the morning. I will be able to reach Paris by train from Strasbourg around 5:30 PM.
      Please suggest the cheapest and fastest way to reach the Beauvais airport and whether I will be able to catch my flight (accounting for the checkin cut-off and baggage screening etc.)

Many thanks,
      Ankit

6 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 10:39 AM
    • Paris to Mont st Michel

by PK92 Online Now Aug 19, 2016 at 12:57 AM

What is the best way to get from Paris to Mont st Michel and back for a day trip. We would prefer not having to do a day tour but if we have to we will.
      TIA

5 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 12:22 AM
    • Paris (CDG) to Reims

by Victoria77 Online Now Aug 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Hi everyone! :)
      Does anyone know how can I get from Paris airport CDG 2nd terminal to Reims? If yes, please try to describe me the easiest way how I can do it. Any advices are welcome!
      I will be very grateful for your help!

2 Answers Aug 18, 2016 at 12:31 AM
    • reliable tour guide companies in Paris

by 4Jimmy Online Now Aug 6, 2016 at 9:35 AM

I am travelling to paris for 1.5 days. Can anyone recommend a tour guide company that offers guided excursions during the day and evening

3 Answers Aug 6, 2016 at 10:12 PM
    • UK flyers?

by veryunoriginal Online Now Aug 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM

My friend has never flown before and is coming to the USA in late August. As a complete oversight (A regrettable one I fear) he booked a connection for his return flight home at CDG with a connection time of 1 hour and 25 minutes (!!!!!) His return flight itinerary is LIT-ATL-CDG- BHX. Since his connection time in Paris is so tight, I’m worried about any additional things he may have to do before boarding. This is booked on one airline and not a cobbled together itinerary. My question is would he have to reclaim his checked baggage and go through immigration in Paris? I know he will have to do this on his flight into ATL as his first port of entry, even though he has booked with the same airline for the whole trip. BUT since the UK is not part of the Schengen agreement, it seems to me he may have to do this again in Paris. If he does have to do that (Claim his bags, go through immigration, recheck bags) then his connection time is entirely too short and he needs to get a game plan for what he may have to do to deal with it.
      Thanks in advance

11 Answers Aug 7, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    • jmandel's Profile Photo

MUST SEE - MUST DO IN PARIS

by jmandel Online Now Aug 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM

My wife & I will be in Paris this September from Sat. 9/17 to Fri. 9/23 . We will be staying in the St. Germaine de Pres area .What would be a good itinerary of must see must do things for this time period.

17 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 4:09 AM
    • 2 Days in Paris - First trip - end of September

by Texasdan Online Now Jul 30, 2016 at 11:14 PM

My wife and I are heading to Paris Sunday Sept 25th - Tuesday Sept 27th. We fly into Frankfurt, Germany Sunday morning and will be taking a train to Paris around noon that day. We have booked a place to stay with Airbnb centrally located by The Eiffel Tower. My wife wants to see the Eiffel Tower and my number 1 thing to do is the Louve museum. I have looked into a guided tour with the Louve museum as to bypass some lines but have also been told that we are going during off peak times so shouldn't be as busy. Also I was thinking of going to the museum first thing Monday morning with the guided tour then staying and exploring more of the museum that day. Then possibly walking over to the Arc de Triumph. Exploring the Eiffel tower Sunday afternoon and evening. Any suggestions for us as we will only have about 2 days there? Any local restaurants in that area that are a must to eat at? Also any better time for the places we are wanting to see or anything else close we can squeeze in? Thank you for your help and answers.

7 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    • Eurostar and luggage

by Winelady Online Now Jul 27, 2016 at 8:32 AM

We are taking the Eurostar to London from Paris late in the day but need to check out of hotel by11:00 am. I read I could ship my luggage early for around $20. And pick up at the station in London upon arrival. Is this true?

17 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 10:21 AM
    • JonesMichael9823's Profile Photo

A place or a locker in Paris ?

by JonesMichael9823 Online Now Jul 27, 2016 at 2:11 AM

Hi, currently staying at Batignolles with my wife and my 2 kids, we want to store our luggage for our last day on Saturday. Our flight is at 9pm , we want to enjoy the city for the last day;
      Does anyone know a place or a locker in Paris ?

8 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 7:33 AM
    • Taxi/Cab in Paris at night

by jfogz Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Hello,

We will be travelling to Paris by train in January. Arriving into Paris at around 6pm. I was just wondering if it will be easy to find a taxi to take us to our hotel around this time? Also my partner is worried about safety- will this be a concern?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    • transit visa

by Albik Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 3:43 AM

hi.
      i am planning to travel to Tunis from Dublin and am transiting in Paris for 55m do I need Visa with a Syrian passport and i have stamp 4 in Ireland?

7 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM
    • New destination

by Hunnicutt11 Online Now Jul 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM

I would like to comment on a recent trip, but can't find the city listed. How are destination guides created and posted

5 Answers Jul 19, 2016 at 7:53 AM
    • mayasmin's Profile Photo

Park for a 3-year old

by mayasmin Online Now Jul 12, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Hello-
      We are traveling mid August to Paris with a 3 1/2 year old. We're hoping to spend an afternoon in a quintessential Parisian park. We've narrowed it down to Jardin du Luxembourg, Parc de la Villette, or Jardin d acclimatation, but are hoping for some insights since we probably will be able to visit only one of these parks. Preference would be a park that most locals would enjoy, and where we can try some yummy Parisian treats while having enough unique sights to keep our 3 year old's attention. Thanks very much in advance for any advice!

9 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 5:36 PM
    • First time traveller to Paris

by chetnasanwal Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi we are 5 friends traveling to Paris for the first time. We are planning to do a bag packing kind of trip. Can you please suggest where should we stay and few good places to eat (both street food and fine dine) and places we should must see? We are planning to spend 3 nights in Paris.. Is it fine or should it be more or less?

8 Answers Jul 11, 2016 at 10:43 PM
    • RER E train At St Lazare

by Renatam Online Now Jul 10, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Hi. I would like to take the RER E train to Gard Nord. Does anyone know where the entrance to RER E is at St Lazare? Is it in St Lazare Station or is it on Haussmann Blvd? The reason I am asking is that coming from Gard Nord to St Lazare, you have to walk from Blvd Haussmann (where the RER leaves you) to St Lazare Station.

3 Answers Jul 11, 2016 at 9:31 PM
    • AnnaM138's Profile Photo

2 days budget tour in paris

by AnnaM138 Online Now Jul 7, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Dear friends,
      I am planning to take a two days paris tour from rotterdam (20-21 July). Anyone could advise me for cheap budget tour? if possible departing from rotterdam, but if not, just a 2 day package in paris.

Thanking you in advance,
      Anna

16 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM
    • Rue d'Alésia

by losham Online Now Jul 7, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Is Rue d'Alésia still a street for finding "bargains" in designer outlets??
      I was there 7 years ago and bought some lovely things but not sue if it is still the same today.
      Thanks
      Losham

5 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 1:15 PM