Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• boats to Sorrento?

Naples Dec 3, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Are there any boats (public or commercial) that cover the stretch from Naples to Sorrento?

more
    • Need help planning itinerary to ischia and another area/ country

Ischia Porto Nov 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Traveling for 7 total days- looking to make my mother in laws wish come true to travel to ischia however realize not too much to do there so will put 3 days aside for there need another destination that would be convenient and worthwhile for another 2-3 days stay. Please advise will be traveling with total of 8 adults
      thank you so much!!
      Dana

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Italy - Itinerary help

Naples Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM

I have planned a 4 day trip to Naples and around and following is high level itinerary

Day 1: Reach Naples in night from London and stay here
      Day 2: Visit Naples and reach Sorrento in night and stay
      Day 3: Visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and return back to Sorrento for stay
      Day 4: Visit Pompei and then return to Naples to fly back

Please let know if this looks good. Day 2 - what are the key things to visit in Naples?
      We avoid public transportation and rent car mostly for convenience and cost, but wanted to take bus and train in this case considering the narrow mountain routes and traffic issues - any suggestions?
      I will travel with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 7) during 3 week of December. Any other tips and comments also welcome!

more
    • Walking up Vesuvius from Ercolano

by DavidC156 Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM

We wish to walk from Ercolano to the summit of Vesuvius using the network of paths in the National Park . We have the leaflet showing half a dozen or so routes but not sufficient details of the exact start point etc. Does anyone know where we can source details of ascent routes up Vesuvius? ( We know that most folk are happy to walk form the road end but we want more than 30 minutes exercise!)

4 Answers May 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM
    • Kettleman's Profile Photo

Car Parking at Vesuvius?

by Kettleman Online Now May 4, 2009 at 6:46 AM

We're in the area next week and will be in the car. I have googled "car parking" at Vesuvius without much success...

Any help most obliged!!

5 Answers Sep 20, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    • TOO TO TRAIN

by Ladymarian1 Online Now Apr 12, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Does anyone know anything about the too to train that's advertised on the official site please

All replies greatfully received

5 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 3:33 AM
    • How to...?

by JAYNENAP Online Now May 21, 2005 at 3:57 AM

We are holidaying in Sant'Agnello just outside Sorrento again this year. Last year my son was desperate to go up Vesuvius but we just didn't have time. How do we get there (we are staying close to the Circumvesuviana rail line) and have absolutely got to do it (we promised). Our children will be 10 and 7. Any ideas?

2 Answers May 21, 2005 at 7:37 AM