VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Pangkor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• poepat's Profile Photo

Best Sandy Beaches

Pulau Labuan Dec 28, 2016 at 12:11 PM

Hi everyone, can anyone advise where the best sandy beaches are in Labuan. Are there any areas particularly good for snorkelling...?
      many thanks
      POEPAT

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Accommodation nearest Royal thai embassy

Penang Jan 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Please any good suggestion for accommodation (hostels) nearest the Royal Thai Embassy?

more
    • stormie's Profile Photo

transportation from Chinatown to FRIM

Kuala Lumpur Jan 15, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

I will be traveling from our guest house in Chinatown KL to the Forest Research Institute Malaysia, then to the Batu Caves, and finally back to Chinatown. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this?

Thank you!

more
    • Sarawak In January, weather and accesibility of National Parks

Borneo Dec 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Hi,
      I was planning to fly to Sarawak, Malaysia on the January 5. and spend about 5 weeks in Sarawak and Brunei. The Lonely Planet Guide says there is no particularly good or bad time to travel in Borneo because there is no real dry season and weather can vary very much from year to year, so I didn't think there is going to be a problem with travelling in Sarawak in January. But now I see that many travel-websites don't recommend to go to Sarawak in January at all due to very bad weather.
      Is there somebody who has been there in January or even better lives in Sarawak who can tell me what I can expect?
      Let me tell you first what I would expect from this trip. In Germany I work in nature conservation, so I spend most summer working outside. So with the right equipment some rain doesn't scare me. Also I want to spend most of the time in National Parks and am most interested in Botany (Orchids, Ferns) and also Insects, Spiders, Scorpions, Snakes. I could live without seeing Orangutans which are apparently hard to find when it's raining a lot. I would like to spend a lot of time in Nationalparks with dayhiking trails where I don't need a guide so I can take my time for taking pictures. But I'm also looking forward to expolring the caves in Gunung Mulu and Niah National Parks.
      So my main concern is: Will all the National Parks and also accomadations in or around National Parks be open and accessible during January? How likely is it that National Parks will not be accessible due to floodings or storms etc. What do I have to expect exactly from the weather. Does it rain all day long, or is it more very strong but short raining episodes and then long periodes without rain during the day. Is it raining more during the day or at night? (I've been in Java during rainy season three years ago and it rained mostly during the night.) I wouldn't mind it too much If there is some rain every day but I also need dry periods for taking pictures. What I woldn't like is to be stuck in my hotels for days because it is raining non stop.
      Also will there be any other tourists in the Parks? I don't want the places to be crowded of course, but honestly I don't like it when I'm always alone or the only guest in a hotel because I'm travelling alone.
      The thing is that i will spend three month in Southeastasia, and right now I'm planning to start in Sarawak, but I could also reschedule and visit Sarawak in March. The weather is supposed to be much better in March but are the most attractive National Parks allready crowded in March? What would you recommend under the circumstances I described, go in January or reschedule and go in March? Also, does anybody happen to know when most of the Orchids are in bloom? I suspect it is in the wettest months.

A lot of questions here, I know. I would be very grateful for any advice.
      And Merry Christmas to everybody!

more
    • From Bukit Merah to Pulau Pangkor

by SzeChaoA Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I have difficulty in finding a way to go from Bukit Merah to Pulau Pangkor. Are there any express bus stations in Bukit Merah Laketown Resort? We decide to go to Damai Laut in Lumut then only go to Pulau Pangkor by ferry, is this the correct way to get there?
      I really need your help, thank you!

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • Pangkor Island Beach Resort

by nik195 Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Pangkor Island Beach Resort

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Pangkor parasailing

by gladys4134 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Hi, I m wondering do pangkor island still provide parasailing for their water sport activities? How much does it cost?

• virtualling's Profile Photo

Pangkor Island Beach Resort

by virtualling Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 9:30 PM

Please share your experience on this place as I'll be going there end of this month. How's the staff/ service? I was told by the hotel that I'd need to get a cab to go out for food/ stores if I wanna. And the fare is about RM25. That's steep. I'd like to hear your opinion on your visit there.
      Thanks lots!

5 Answers Aug 22, 2005 at 2:24 AM