VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Palu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sallam88's Profile Photo

One week in Saumatra

Sumatra Feb 12, 2017 at 5:06 AM

Hi mates,

I would like to visit Sumatra for a week, I will be flying from Kuala Lumpur to Medan (haven't decided from which city to fly back to Malaysia) and would like to visit Lake Toba (Danau Toba) so I will be appreciated if someone can suggest me any tips or info about the lake or any nearby attractions as well as I'm open to any suggested itinerary in Sumatra

Thanks a lot

more

Near Palu

• Palu / Lore Lindu National Park

by geminimoai Online Now May 30, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Hi, there.
      I want to see the megaliths in Lore Lindu National Park. It'll be my first time visiting Indonesia. I'll be flying in from Makassar.

1. Is Palu the best place to stay to see the megaliths? I'm not interested in long trekking trips that last more than a day.

2. Will I be able to find an English speaking guide in Palu?

3. I read that you could tour the park on horseback. True?

4. I'm a vegan. Are there any vegan friendly options in Palu, or should I bring my own food?

5. Can I get a ticket to Palu from Makassar the day before I want to depart, or show I do it a few days in advance?

6. Is Palu safe for women travellers?

Help!
      Thanks!
      Michelle

2 Answers Jun 1, 2008 at 2:39 AM