VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Palmyra

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Palmyra

• palmyra at new year

by rbarter Online Now Dec 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Hi

Ive been to syria many many times with my job, but unfortunately havent been to palmyra before. What i wanted to know is that i and some friends of mine would love to spend new year at palmyra, camping, just for the night. I know it will be very cold and possibly raining but its a once in a lifetime experience to have and whatever the weather, would love to be there for the new year. Im actually staying in aleppo for the duration and Im hiring a car for a few days to sightsee. Ive been doing some research on the internet and have foud that you can camp in The Valley of the Tombs, which would be amazing. I have friends also from syria whom are looking into some details for me. Is there any suggestions you could possibly give me, thanks alot

Rachel

2 Answers Dec 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    • gdupont's Profile Photo

Al Nakheel hotel?

by gdupont Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 6:40 AM

Who stayed already at the Al Nakheel hotel in Palmyra? I found some reviews, but they appeared to be fake. I'd like to find some real ones.

2 Answers Aug 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM
    • Monalisha's Profile Photo

Place to Stay in Palmyra

by Monalisha Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Hi,

I will be coming to Palmyra in 2 weeks and was wondering if it is possible to do a day trip from Damascus to Palmyra? If not, is there a good hotel to stay at? Are Tuesdays still a public holiday there?

Thanks

3 Answers Feb 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM