change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• How good is the nightlife in Newport Beach?

Newport Beach Oct 7, 2016 at 5:54 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife any good? many thanks

• Transport to Inyokern

Lancaster Oct 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to get from Lancaster CA to Inyokern. We have a shuttle booked with Antelope to get from LAX to Lancaster but need onward travel to Inyokern.

• Handicapped Access

Santa Catalina Island Sep 29, 2016 at 9:03 AM

How would a person who is unable to walk far get around the island?

• Great Star Theater

San Francisco Sep 24, 2016 at 10:54 AM

How safe is The Great Star Theater in Chinatown at night? (6-10pm)

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Motor home rental in California, recommendation on company and location.

California Sep 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM

A couple of friends, from Europe, will be flying into California and want to rent a Motor Home to tour the state and are looking for a recommendation on company and location. This is for preliminary planing and he currently owns a Motor Home and is thus experienced in driving a small to medium sized one. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. How are the State and National parks in California?

• Recommended destinations in Death Valley

Death Valley National Park Sep 24, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Flying to LA from UK mid December. I'm then hiring car and driving to Death Valley, probably staying at hotel in Furnace Creek which I recall from last trip 25 years ago. Two nights stay before driving on. So I'd appreciate recommendations on any 'must see' places in/around Death Valey please. Also possible solo hiking, say 5-8 miles? Oh, and what weather can I expect?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• Melis90's Profile Photo

Help Me :)

Los Angeles 17 hours ago

Hi everyone !
      I just came to Los Angeles- Marina Del Rey and i havent rent a car yet. So how can i go around ? Is metro safe? And where should i visit because i will stay in here for 3 months and i dont know any place in here 

• Taxi cost on Xmas Day

Los Angeles Oct 10, 2016 at 2:39 AM

Hi we arrive in LAX at 6.40pm on Xmas Day. Does anyone know how much it would cost to use Uber to get from LAX to Hotel on Walk of Fame. We're here for 13 nights and not renting a car - is it easy enough to get around using public transport

• Visiting California for the first time for a football game

San Francisco Sep 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM

I'm visiting CA for the first time for a football game in November. I will be in Santa Clara at Levi's Stadium. I'm going to extend my stay and do some traveling to other parts of Northern CA. I'm thinking of either going to San Francisco and driving to Sonoma or Napa Valleys. I also have thought of driving along the coast to Monterey and Big Sur. I'm wondering if it makes sense to stay for any length of time in Silicon Valley. Are there things to do there that merit my spending more time?

• Family drive Yosemite NP to Death Valley in April

Yosemite National Park Sep 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Hello. Our family of 4 (2 kids under 5 years old) are looking to drive from San Francisco to Las Vegas in April next year via Yosemite and Death Valley. We have several days to do this. Looks like Highway 120 is closed that time of year so how do we set about planning our adventure? Can anyone help us out with insider knowledge, useful hints and tips please, especially routes. Thanks.

• SF/LV/LA trip itinerary help

California Sep 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Hi everyone, I am travelling for the first time to California, and need a bit of assistance. I am landing at LAX at roughly 13:30, and should probably be out of the airport by 14:30. Our trip will be mid January for a total of 17 days. And I have already got flights from SFO-LAS, and then LAS-LAX. All the accommodation is already booked, now its all about the finer details to the trip.

Part 1: The first bit of info that I need is regarding getting from LAX to San Francisco, I have been advised to take the PCH and stop over for the night in Morro Bay/Cayucos, then drive early the next day to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for a few hours before making our way to San Francisco. I have read many forums saying its not advisable to make that trip in 1 day, as theres too much to see, which I agree with... Unfortunately its that or take a flight direct to San Francisco. Please can you tell me if it is at all worth making that drive, or just taking a flight.

Part 2: We will spend 5 nights in San francisco, and I am struggling to define what are must do's, as so many people recommend different things... right now this is my plan, please critique it,and help me make the right choices.

Day 1: Arrive at the hotel mid day in Fishermans Wharf, spend an hour or two relaxing at the hotel, then going out to explore the Wharf, Pier 39, Ghirardelli's and maybe catch the evening tour of Alcatraz. Return and have dinner close to the hotel.
      Day 2: Head out just after sunrise, taking the Cable car from Fishermans Wharf to Market street, and will probably walk to the Ferry Building and explore there, then make our way back to Union Square, and up to china town and exploring there. Afterwards, taking the cable car to Lombard street, then head back to the hotel, relax before dinner and find a nice area to eat with some music.

Side note -- please can you tell me if i fit too many or too little things per day

Day 3: Up and out early again to Steiner Str to walk through the park and see the Pink Ladies. Up to Golden Gate Park and the Academy of Science, the Morrison Planetarium, and the Japanese Tea Garden. then to the Golden gate bridge, will probably rent a bicycle and cycle to the other end... We would love to from here, go to Muir woods, spend an hour there, before making our way back to the hotel, again relax a bit, then go out for dinner.
      Day 4 : This day is still up for debate, but my wife would love to see Yosemite for the day... I know that you can easily spend a week without seeing everything, but the thought is that while we are on the west coast, we should make the effort to see the park, or at least as much as we can in 1 day.
      Day 5 : Take a small group tour to Napa and spend the day exploring the wineries.

Part 3 : Departing to Vegas at around 11am, spending 3 nights there. This part of the trip is pretty much easy enough to plan for, but the highlight would be a helicopter trip to the grand canyon.

Part 4 : Depart Vegas to LAX, we will be spending 4 nights staying in Hollywood area, and another 4 nights saying in Anaheim. Now for this part of the journey, we LOVE theme parks, and we are dedicating 3-4 days to it.

Day 1 : Land at LAX at 13:00, make our way to the hotel, relax for a few hours, then off to see Hollywood BLVD, for the rest of the night.
      Day 2 : Drive to Six Flags Magic Mountain ( Never been to a Six Flags before, looking forward to it).
      Day 3 : Universal Studios
      Day 4 : Tour around LA (Please help me which things to see)
      Day 5 : Move to the new hotel in Anaheim, and explore the area for the day
      Day 6 : DisneyLand
      Day 7 : Disney Adventure

Side Note: Let me know if 2 days is too much for these 2 parks.

Day 8 : Still debatable, was thinking of driving to San diego for the last day.

We fly out the next morning at 1AM, so don't want to do too much on the last day... pretty much just relax.

That you all in advance for the advise and I look forward to you responses.

• Heat in July

by alainblainville Online Now May 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Hi, I will be travelling to Palm Springs in July with my family, in a class-C RV we rented. Will it be too heat to walk downtown? Will some businesses be closed for summer? Thanks!

6 Answers May 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM
    • 1 night stay in Palm Springs?

by KirstyW7 Online Now Jun 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Hi. I am visiting California for the first time in September. We land in LA, where we are spending 3 nights, then heading to Sand Diego for 3 nights, then driving up the coast to San Francisco, stopping at various locations.

My question is whether people would recommend for us to stop at Palm Springs on our way to San Diego, stay for 1 night instead of one of the Sand Diego nights; therefore the new plan would be 3 nights LA, 1 night palm springs, 2 nights san diego, before heading up the coast.

I would appreciate any opinions or comments.

3 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 11:09 PM
    • Night clubs for hetero's ??

by epidote Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Girl friend and I are heading to Palm Springs over Labor Day weekend. Looking for a decent night club in the area that isn't gay dominated. We will be staying in the general downtown area. Looking for some dancing, moderate drinking, and good people watching. Suggestions ??

• Downtown Palm Springs:

by bridgetlee Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 5:59 AM

We are planning a trip (husband, 2 teens & me). We are thinking about staying downtown. Is downtown PS charming or seedy?

5 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    • justfun415's Profile Photo

Single Guy - traveling Solo

by justfun415 Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out what is something I can do in one day all by myself in Palm Springs. I arrive Saturday at 10am and leave Sunday at 3pm.

I'm open to suggestions, but as specific as possible since I know nothing about the area would be helpful!

Hiking, Socializing, Dancing, activities, Resorts, etc. (no golfing, LOL)

Budget conscientious - always :)

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • transportation from palm springs to san diego airport

by smooreboz Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM

what is the least expensive way to get from Palm Springs to San Diego airport?

3 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    • Holiday four four adults in Palm Springs in April/may 2015

by maryfarrant Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What should we see. Happy to travel on day trips around the area around p springs

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM

by Dzito Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM

4 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • Puerta Azul?

by gjwoods Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Our family will be in the Palm Springs area in late March and will rent a home or condo. We're looking at some options in the Puerta Azul development. We're interested in having a nice pool that is handy and it looks like the community pool would fit that bill. We just can't tell for sure where this development is. Can anyone help us with this?

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    • vintage trailer park rental

by duke11 Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Where is the vintage airstream trailer park rental located in the Palm Springs/desert area? You can stay there for a couple nights and Enjoy the stars and hang out. I seen it on a local travel show but do not remember what it is called. Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • Where to stay in Palm Springs??

by Cschell71 Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hi! We are coming to Palm Springs from Alaska in Feb/March and without really knowing the area...just nervous about making sure we are in a good location. I found a great studio apt in Las Palmas but trying to get a feel for the area. We want to be able to walk to dining and some things to do...its just the two of us looking for a nice get away...maybe a round or two of golf... Are there areas to stay away from?? Just nervous with the older areas or anything around the airport because geographically those are usually questionable...=/

4 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    • kevinism's Profile Photo

Vegan Options?

by kevinism Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

What are some good vegan options for restaurants in Palm Springs?

3 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • Renting a home in Palm Springs in January!

by KWV12 Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM

What area of Palm Spring would you choose that is NOT on a golf course, IS close to town (walking distance?) and is a nice area? We have never been there and don't want to end up in an area that is boring or not accessible to town. If there are other considerations I am overlooking I would love to hear those too. Thank you in advance for any advice!

4 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • Palm Springs hotel or Indian Wells resort?

by dmj2001 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Hi all,

My wife and I are planning to go to Palm Springs for a few days around Christmas. Currently we have the Hyatt resort in Indian Wells booked, but we are generally debating where to stay. The first question is whether we should stay in a resort outside of Palm Springs or whether we would have a better time staying at a hotel in Palm Springs?

We're looking for somewhere luxurious and super relaxing (most important). We will want to go out to eat and do other things, and we're not going to be golfing, which makes me think that maybe staying somewhere near the downtown area isn't a bad idea.

If you would recommend going resort, should we stay at Hyatt, Renaissance, La Quinta, or somewhere else? We're a bit wary of La Quinta because we've heard that many of the rooms are worn down, but the grounds sound lovely, which is a big plus.

If you would recommend staying at a hotel in Palm Springs, any particular hotels? I looked at the Willows and it looks gorgeous but it was just too expensive (I think close to $400 a night). The San Giuliano looked nice too. Does anyone recommend that or another hotel for a relaxing, upscale stay in town?

4 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • palm springs Christmas week with kids

by suze49 Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Grandparents, parents and 3 kids age 6,3 and 10 mos. Where to stay?

4 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    • Tuscany Manor Resort, Palm Springs

by Lilyb2012 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Any one has been in Tuscany Manor Resort, Palm Springs

1 Answer Jun 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • How cheap are hotels in ps now that the summer heat is on?

by Cyberpete2012 Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM

How cheap are hotels in ps now that the summer heat is on?

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • Can anyone recommend a hotel where a 16 year old is welcome?

by Melaniekatemiller Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

We are visiting Palm Springs at the end of June, so far all the hotels I have tried to book are adults only. Can anyone recommend a hotel that will welcome a 16 year old boy and his parents? We are particularly interested in mid-20th century modernism? thanks, Melanie from Manchester, UK.

6 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    • Friskyfinn's Profile Photo

First time visit !

by Friskyfinn Online Now May 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM

We're stopping in Palms Springs on our first trip to California this July coming. We have 15 & 17 yr old teenagers with us. What are the 'musts' of Palms Springs? We only have 2 days!!!!

20 Answers May 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    • rudysmom626's Profile Photo

Health Foods Grocery Stores in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Indio area?

by rudysmom626 Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Hi guys!

I'm headed to Palm Desert for the Coachella Music Festival next weekend... last year, I stayed in La Quinta at the Embassy Suites, which was next to a Fresh & Easy, so that was perfect.... this year, I'm staying at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert - I've heard it's really nice and fun, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a Whole Foods like grocery store in the Palm Springs/ Palm Desert/ Indio area? I've given up dairy and it's really hard to find some dairy alternatives in regular grocery stores! Thanks so much for your help!

Also, would love a suggestion for a yummy brunch place and a good sandwich shop! Thanks guys!

2 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    • lemonpie's Profile Photo

Day trip from Palm Springs

by lemonpie Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM

We will be in Palm Springs soon and would like to take a day trip from PS. We have looked at a map and feel like we are overlooking something. 2-3 hours is the most we would like to drive. Any suggstions? Thank you.

7 Answers Sep 21, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    • California Desert Area

by slquig Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip to the desert area at the end of October and are having trouble deciding the best 4 star hotel to pick. If anyone is familiar with the hotels out there, we are trying to decide between these three:

JW Marriott Palm Desert
      Riviera Palm Springs
      Rancho Las Palmas Resort

Would appreciate comments on if the hotel has been updated, how good the pool is, how close to shopping, etc. Kids would obviously be in school at the time of our trip, but we don't want a place that really caters too much to just families.

4 Answers Sep 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    • Vacation rentals

by marhb Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Hi - new to Virtual tourist.
      I'm from Canada and my husband and I are looking to rent a 1 b/r condo that is economically priced for the month of February. We don't need luxury but don't want to live in a dive either. Have looked at Palm Springs Villas and Sandstone villas. Are these decent places? Would it be windy at PS Villas in February? Any other suggestions on rental properties would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

4 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    • AussieRoss's Profile Photo

Palm Springs Station 5:00 AM

by AussieRoss Online Now May 13, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Hi all,
      Guy from down under, just planning my trip to the states next year.

Would love to take the Texas Eagle train from San Antonio to Palm Springs but it arrives (as far as I can see) at 5:00am. As I understand it the train station is a fair distance away from the city.

How can I get from the station to town at that time of day, and where can I go to pass time safely (with suitcases) until either my accomodation or hire car company opens for the day?

Any help would be appreciated.

6 Answers May 14, 2011 at 5:58 AM
    • Palm Spring members and their knowledge of the Viceroy hotel

by galucci Online Now Jan 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM

We are going to Palm Springs for the first time in the last part of February and plan to stay at the Viceroy Resort Hotel and Spa. Up until now the staff have been extremely helpful in guiding our trip plans and have also told me so much about Palm Springs and what it might be like to actually live there because I indicated that I was considering this as an option. Therefore rather than just read the reviews for this hotel I thought it might be helpful for our local Palm Springs area members give their feelings and knowledge of the Viceroy because I believe they seem to know this "oasis" really well.

2 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    • Cheap golf in PS??

by TarantulaFan Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Our extended family are visiting in March and would like to get a couple of rounds in - for senior, adult and youths. I see that the Bel Air is reasonably priced, but can't find any others that we can afford. And we need rentals. Any suggestions? We don't mind driving off the beaten path.

We are currently buried under loads of snow and minus 36 C with windchill, so we aren't fussy about the courses! They all look fabulous.

2 Answers Jan 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    • soon to be a new resident!

by palmspringbound Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Hi.. I will be moving to the palm springs area soon, and trying to find a house to rent or buy. Is there area's that I should try and avoid? I would like to find a "deal" on a house, and see lots of forclosures avail in cathedral city. Is this a safe area to buy? Thanks for any help.

11 Answers May 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    • 36 hours in Palm Springs / Joshua Tree NP in August

by chrisswfc Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hello. Will be spending 1.5 days in Joshua Tree NP and perhaps spending the night in Palm Springs... looking for advice on what to do and see, and if Palm Springs is a nice place to spend the night....Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    • Hiking San Jacinto in March

by jlt1954 Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 2:31 PM

We will be visiting next week March 11 & 12. We plan on taking the tram to the top of San Jacinto. We have heard we will need snowshoes. Can yourent them at top. What do you need to wear to use the snowshoes? we have hiked all over Yosemite and Yellowstone and love to visit your beuatiful West. We are from SC.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2010 at 12:17 AM
    • HELEN's Profile Photo

by HELEN Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I will be spending a weekend in Palm Spring in the middle of February. Can anyone please recommend any good hikes in the area?

Thank you in advance!

6 Answers Feb 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM