VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Palm Desert

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• heidstar's Profile Photo

Can I do Catalina and Balboa island in one day

Newport Beach Feb 2, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Staying at the holiday inn express Newport for 3 nights...no car...
      Already booked and paid after I realised not walking distance to beach at all...
      Can uber to Laguna one day and I thought these 2 islands would be a great idea...

more
    • Weather November

California Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 AM

I know I asked yesterday about Florida but we are also looking at Palm/Desert Springs California - what is the weather liable to be like in November

Will the roads be snow free to Las Vegas and what is the weather liable to be like in Vegas in November.

Plan to possibly fly to Los Angeles - use Desert/Palm Springs and tour from there and possibly take a few days out to visit Vegas - could even fly into Vegas if the flights were cheaper

Many thanks for so many questions

more
    • Yosemite Valley

Yosemite National Park Feb 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning of going to Yosemite valley in about a week (17-18 feb 2017). Will we be able to drive there from the west (Mariposa) without any snow chains on the car? Is the road even open?
      Thanks in advance for answer!

more
    • New years eve at midnight

by surfin1212 Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM

where is a good bar/club in palm desert/rancho mirage/indian wells/la Quinta to be at midnight on new years eve that has live music?

2 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 8:35 PM
    • Emily in Seattle

by EmilyinSeattle Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 10:02 AM

What is the best airport taxi service. We would like to find a regular provider from our condo in Palm Desert to the Palm Springs airport. Any recommendations on how to get the best rate?

• Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations

by JT10 Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 2:36 PM

I'll be spending Thanksgiving in the Palm Desert area and would like a recommendation for a good place for Thanksgiving dinner.

I have two kids (11 & 14) so someplace reasonably priced with decent food.

thanks

1 Answer Oct 28, 2006 at 3:13 PM
    • Traveling to Palm Springs in December

by pbjohnston Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 12:32 PM

Is it nice there in December? We have two separate weeks booked (timeshare) near Christmas at the Marriott Desert Springs Villas. I've heard great things about the resort-- suppossed to be top notch 5*. Due to a change in jobs-- we may not be able to use them and will probably rent them out. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I think December is prime time there-- right?

1 Answer Jul 5, 2004 at 10:35 AM
    • What to do in the HEAT!!!????

by TBhaghani Online Now Aug 19, 2003 at 11:03 AM

My one year old and I will be accompanying my husband on a business trip the last two weeksof August. Aug 25-Sep 5. Can someone suggest a lsit of places to go where the baby and i can keep cool in HEAT!!!?? I have already lined up visitint the local library, closed mall, and the tram. What else?????????????? HELP

1 Answer Aug 19, 2003 at 12:32 PM
    • Tenzin's Profile Photo

Palm Desert attractions

by Tenzin Online Now Jun 16, 2003 at 4:55 AM

I'll be staying at Marriot's Desert Spring Villas for a week end June. Seems to be in the middle of nowhere with little info available in VT and elsewhere. Can anyone help? I'll be most interested to know.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2003 at 12:32 PM