change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Blue Grotto

Capri Oct 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Is it possible to visit Blue Grotto in January?

• latanacio's Profile Photo

Bus to Salerno

Positano Oct 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Have booked a 9:52am train from Salerno and am staying in Positano. Should we be able to make it using the buses or would it be wiser to spend the night before in Salerno?

• Amalfi base in early April

Sorrento Oct 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM

My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of April. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.

I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the buses/ferries will be more limited.

Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
      - Pompeii
      - coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced and the weather cooperates
      - possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella) - if we have time, not super high on the priority list
      - not sure about Capri, leaning against it

Things we are less interested in -
      - shopping, souvenir shops
      - beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
      - high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
      - Naples

Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind? Sorrento is what I've heard is the easiest base, but I've also been reading about some of the smaller towns being potential options (Vietri Sul Mare near Salerno, others) - what is the best choice given time of year and ease of transport?

• peter1965's Profile Photo

Park & Ride Naples?

Naples Sep 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM

We are planning to stay outside of Naples, and then drive part way in when we need to. Is there a good place to park where we can then easily catch a bus or metro further into the centre?

• What sort of beach will I find at Palinuro?

by mashermags Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 1:09 PM

I am contemplating a family holidy in Italy, but I must admit that I am not too keen on the traditional Italian "Lido" style of beach ie. rows of umbrellas. Is the beach at Palinuro covered in sunbeds and umbrellas, or is it more natural? And how busy does it get in high season? Also, is the sand dark or light in colour? Can anyone recommend any other nice beach towns in the vicinity?