change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jkb1's Profile Photo

Alcazar Show

Pattaya Sep 25, 2016 at 9:02 AM

what is the best timing of Alcazar show?

• Krabi on july

Krabi Oct 1, 2016 at 1:30 PM

How is the weather in krabi during this period of the year and it's better to give up and chose samui or phangan instead?I heard heavy rain in summer time in krabi

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Bangkok Sep 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Hello, we just posted an enquiry on VT, as we are in search for two and a half month apartment/condominium "STUDIO TYPE" with small kitchenette, something to do simple cooking.
      we will need the apt. or condominium from December 25, 2016 until about last week of February 2016. We will be taking intensive Thai Classes at Wat Pho.

Thank you and hope someone out there can give us great lead how to find economical yet decent place to rent.

Thank You!!

• PyaeSone's Profile Photo

Asking for contacts

Bangkok Sep 25, 2016 at 10:48 PM

What's the contacts for 'Thai Noodles and Food' restaurants at Sunarnabhumi Aitport?
      Many Thanks
      Pyae Sone

• jkb1's Profile Photo

Alcazar Show

Pattaya Sep 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM

what is the best timing of Alcazar show?

• whodunit's Profile Photo

6-days to play

Bangkok Sep 25, 2016 at 5:11 AM

We're a ~40-ish couple, I've traveled a lot around the globe. I've never been outside of the airport in Thailand. We have 6 full days in Bangkok (maybe 5 1/2 since we arrive very late and need some rest after 3 flights from US). I've checked many of the major travel sites (TA, LP, T&L, VisitThailand, etc), the forums here, the itinerary page here, etc. I've found a few recommended must-do's: Ayutthya, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Grand Palace, reclining Buddha/Wat Pho, floating market, Chinatown, Patpong or Suan Luum Night Bazar, and we want to do a 1/2 day cooking school (I see a lot of recommendations on this too). Now it's time to start to put it all together - an itinerary with places to stay, transportation, etc. I want to come up with a general itinerary (even restaurants though we will work with HappyCow on this as we'll both be eating vegetarian). I saw "HOT! HOT! HOT! This was BANGKOK!" - Bangkok by balhannah and I'm even more inspired to plan this better than my previous trips to other places. The trip is about 10 days away (I booked just a few days ago). We love to have local experiences when/where possible rather than just tourist stuff but I realize our time is short in Bangkok. Our trip is in early October so I believe it's not bad as far as weather is concerned.

First, from the airport, do you recommend taxi, Uber, train?
      Next, what parts of the city should I look at for hotels? I will figure out the hotel from there as my searching is complex with various variables. However, I welcome recommendations.
      Is tuk tuk/train the best way to travel around the city?
      Day 1 (Thursday) should be something light and easy since we arrive at midnight the night before.
      Day 2 (Friday) - Buddha?
      Day 3 (Saturday) - weekend market?
      Day 4 (Sunday) - other weekend market (floating?)
      Day 5 (Monday) - cooking class +
      Day 6 (Tuesday) -
      Day 7 - go home :( airport via Uber?

I know there's a lot here. I welcome any and all thoughts including a single tip all the way through suggested itineraries. I'm grateful for your time - thank you.

• melly1234's Profile Photo

I urgently need a jewellers in Bangkok that can cut my ring off as my finger is swollen

Bangkok Oct 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Has anyone got any suggestions please on where I should go? Thanks

• Are there more backpackers in Sukhumvit area or Khao san? Any bar crawls Bangkok?

Bangkok Oct 13, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Hi guys,

I've booked a flight to Bangkok mid Jan 2017 to start a 3 month long trip to SE Asia visiting Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

It's my first time backpacking and I am travelling alone. I have been searching the internet for Facebook groups and forums where I can meet other backpackers to chat with before I leave. What is the best way to meet other backpackers in Bangkok? I can't really afford a planned tour with the big companies and would prefer my freedom. What are the best bars / hostels to meet other backpackers in Bangkok who are solo? Are there more backpackers in Sukhumvit area or Khao san? Is there any bar crawls I go on to get chatting to people? I've came across a website which offers inductions in Bangkok but to meet people on the go..

Thank in advance for any help :-))

• Weather in Koh lipe now

Satun Oct 17, 2016 at 1:09 AM

Hi, am travelling to Koh lipe this coming Friday 21 Oct 2016.

We had book all the speed boat and accommodation there

Just checking in the weather there now as I see is still raining season there and high tide at peneng.

May I know will this affect the travel and how bad it can be? Normally will the rain last long?