Paestum

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• boats to Sorrento?

Naples Dec 3, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Are there any boats (public or commercial) that cover the stretch from Naples to Sorrento?

more
    • Need help planning itinerary to ischia and another area/ country

Ischia Porto Nov 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Traveling for 7 total days- looking to make my mother in laws wish come true to travel to ischia however realize not too much to do there so will put 3 days aside for there need another destination that would be convenient and worthwhile for another 2-3 days stay. Please advise will be traveling with total of 8 adults
      thank you so much!!
      Dana

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Italy - Itinerary help

Naples Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM

I have planned a 4 day trip to Naples and around and following is high level itinerary

Day 1: Reach Naples in night from London and stay here
      Day 2: Visit Naples and reach Sorrento in night and stay
      Day 3: Visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and return back to Sorrento for stay
      Day 4: Visit Pompei and then return to Naples to fly back

Please let know if this looks good. Day 2 - what are the key things to visit in Naples?
      We avoid public transportation and rent car mostly for convenience and cost, but wanted to take bus and train in this case considering the narrow mountain routes and traffic issues - any suggestions?
      I will travel with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 7) during 3 week of December. Any other tips and comments also welcome!

more
    • primocat's Profile Photo

buffalo farm tour price

by primocat Online Now Sep 6, 2015 at 11:54 AM

I really could not find any indication of price on the buffalo farm website, but then everything was in Italian, so I could have just missed something. Does anyone know relatively recent prices, and how far in advance would you need to book it. I am just wondering if I need bother about sorting it before I get to Italy, or whether I could ask my hotel to help with it?

Michelle

3 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Caseificio Barlotti Farm

by aussolo Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I will be having a day trip to see the ruins of Paestum and would also like to visit the Buffalo Farm there as well. Is it possible to visit the farm without a tour guide and also, is it possible to walk there from the ruins.

5 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 9:24 PM
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Paestum Ruins

by aussolo Online Now May 19, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Thank you members for your information on transport to Paestum from Salerno. I had a look at the area around the station in Paestum and wonder is it safe for me to walk to the ruins on my own.

4 Answers Jun 2, 2015 at 11:31 PM
    • Train times from Naples to Capaccio Paestum Station

by CaroleBatemanRogers Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Train times from Naples to Capaccio Paestum Station and return for three people.

2 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    • Sunday opening

by Diggerken Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Is the site open on Sundays and do the trains and buses run on that day?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • Day trip to Paestum from Sorrento

by MBCCHEN Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Is it possible to do a day trip from Sorrento to Paestum, stopping on Amalfi Coast & Salerno as well? Is it possible using public transport or should we do an organised tour?

6 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Paestum temples

by Turska Online Now Mar 7, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I have red now many Paetum pages at VT and at internet elsewhere, and none of them seem to tell how the temple area at Paestum is open. Should I belive it is open allways then? Wouldn´t want to go by train first to Napoli (from Sorrento) and then tuo Paestum, and find out it´s closed..

4 Answers Mar 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

From Sorrento to Paestum

by Turska Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Is there an easy way to go from Sorrento to Paestum? By bus or by train? How long it tales?

18 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    • Rome To Paestum?

by asaustrup Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

We are arriving in Rome (airport) at 8:00 am from the states and want to immediately head south to see Paestum, Sorrento/Amalfi, Pompeii, and Naples over the next week.

I had the idea that we may as well travel as far south as we are going (Paestum) and then work our way back north. Can you get fairly direct train from Rome to Salerno and then transfer in Salerno for Paestum and make the whole trip in maybe 4 hours or so?

Is this reasonable or a crazy idea?

Thanks,

Arne

5 Answers Sep 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    • Paestum by ferry from Napoli?

by beauguy Online Now May 15, 2008 at 1:40 PM

I will be in Napoli from May 22 2008 until May 27... I want to know if I can go there by ferry from Napoli, eventualy first to Sorrento and then from there to Paestum?

1 Answer May 16, 2008 at 5:02 AM
    • Luggage deposit / Transfer from Station to Hotel / Hotel recommendation ?

by bat4711 Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 10:54 AM

We will arrive in Paestum with our luggage by train.
      Is there a possibility for deposit our luggage while we visit the site ?
      Alternatively we plan to stay overnight . What is the best possibility for a transfer from the Station to Hotel Villa Rita .
      Do you have a hotel recommendation better than Hotel Rita ( 76 Euro B&B for a double room )?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2007 at 11:56 AM