VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Paddington

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Eurostar to paris

London Jan 12, 2017 at 1:52 PM

Seat selection recommendations

more
    • mariana_m1978's Profile Photo

Freddie Mercury

London Jan 4, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Hi there, I'm going to visit London next week and as a big fan of Freddie Mercury want to find some souvenirs with him like flags, t-shirts. Can somebody tell me where in London can I find such things to buy?
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • stella-artois's Profile Photo

Should I do it?

London Dec 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I want to send my parents to London....(no, not permanently). Can anyone recommend a hotel which is reasonably priced? It doesnt need to be in the middle of London but not too far away either. They are in their mid 70's and I dont want them to have to walk too far. Thanks so much for your help. Happy Holidays everyone. With Love,

Robert

more
    • Question about a layover

Heathrow Jan 5, 2017 at 4:00 PM

I am from the USA and traveling internationally for the first time to Newcastle. I have a layover at Heathrow during the travel. I know in the USA you have to go through immigration and customs at the first port of entry into the country. Do I have to go through immigration and customs before I catch my flight to newcastle? I am traveling with American Airlines for the whole trip.

more
    • VISA Question

London Jan 1, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Hello, guys. Here I have some dilemma. Due to UK's Immigration procedure, citizens of Ukraine need to obtain VISA to step on Her Majesty's soil. But, there are also some rumors that once you have NATIONAL LONG-TERM VISA (in my case, I'm currently holding National Long-term student VISA of Spain) from any EU/Schengen Agreement country, you could travel to GB without another. Please, reply me as soon as you can, because I've tried several times to figure it out both in UK's Government website and Spanish. None of them replied. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Travelling time between Terminal 5 and 4

Heathrow Dec 20, 2016 at 4:45 AM

I'm arriving to terminal 5 on flight BA244 at 6:30, and I have to book another ticket which is departing from terminal 4. What time should I book this ticket to be sure I won't miss it? I have to go through the customs and baggage claim. I have an option on a KLM flight KL1010, which departs at 11:45, is it possible to take this flight or should I wait the next? The second option is to wait for another BA flight same departure time, but it costs 4x more than KLM's.

Thanks a lot for your help, waiting for your answer!

Santiago

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

VT - Future

London Jan 7, 2017 at 1:24 AM

Sad to receive an email VT will close on 27th Feb. Being member from 2002 and finding it easy to ask and reply questions, will really miss this site.

more
    • Best way to travel from Heathrow to Paddington Station

by Hannahnicole Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

There are 4 in our party. Is it more economical to take a private car from Heathrow to Paddington Station or just take the Heathrow Express? We don't want to use the Tube - we will have luggage for our cruise out of Tilbury the next day. What would a private car cost vs the Heathrow Express train?

14 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    • Is there any direct train from Paddingtton to Birmingham ?

by rfarran Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I have to go to Birmigham from Paddigton, is there any direct train ?

Thanks

5 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 11:50 PM
    • Paddington to Glasgow???

by Duke_Rabbit Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:07 PM

Ok so i heard that it was possible to ride a train from Paddington to Glasgow(Scottland) and ive been trying to find a way to and i have no clue because ill be flying into Heathrow and i wanna ride a train to Glasgow so im kinda stuck. Thanks if you can help me out!!!!!

7 Answers May 30, 2006 at 3:20 AM
    • HOTEL REFERENCE PADDINGTON COURT APARTMENTS

by garkarlon Online Now Apr 13, 2005 at 9:18 AM

Has anyone stayed in the Paddington Court Apartments? Or, has anyone rented through CentralLondonApartments.com? My friend and I are staying in London for a few days and this looks wonderful! I'm afraid sometimes that looks can be deceiving. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answer Feb 7, 2008 at 11:39 PM
    • AnneUAE's Profile Photo

Left luggage in Paddington

by AnneUAE Online Now May 13, 2004 at 11:32 PM

Does anyone know if there is a left luggage spot in Paddington station. Also I understand that one can check in for Heathrow flights there. Does that cover American Airlines? Thanks, Anne

2 Answers May 17, 2004 at 2:19 AM
    • trains to Plymouth from London

by Izbet Online Now Mar 13, 2004 at 6:42 AM

I expect to be travelling from Paddington Station in London on 7th May, to arrive before 5.30 pm. I would like to know the times that trains leave Paddington for Plymouth, and their times of arrival. Also whether any change of trains is required on any or all of the possible trips.

2 Answers Oct 15, 2004 at 11:29 AM