VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Oviedo Travel Answers

change location
nomad7890's Profile Photo

Car hire without problems - to Covadonga

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I have been researching transportation from Oviedo to Covadonga. alsa.es has buses but we would have to stay there longer than we want to spend there - so am looking at renting a car. I rented a car via Hertz in Malaga before, but am looking into other companies. This is what we need:

- no hassles - I would like to pay all possible insurances so if I hit something I don't have any out of pocket expenses. I know, this is not optimal but I prefer it that way.

- pick up and return at reasonable hours. There's a Hertz and Avis right by the train station/bus station in Oviedo ... I am leaning in that direction except for the expen$e, but pick up is 9:30 am, so we will need to pick up late the date before. Anyone open earlier/later? The airport location is too far.

- need around 300 KM - we will only have the car for the 71 km. from Oviedo to the Covadonga sanctuary.

-no surprises - sometimes I'd rather pay more than have any car mileage or other surprise from a smaller rental.

I saw the other recommendations in this forum and did not care for the companies mentioned.

Any stable car companies or other suggestions? We just need the car for one day. I may just be renting from Avis and getting it over with - but if there is a better opiton I would welcome hearing about it. Thanks.

Martha

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Car hire without problems - to Covadonga

by Beausoleil Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM

You said you saw other car companies recommended on this forum and didn't care for the companies that were recommended. That makes it a bit difficult to recommend a company since we don't know which ones you don't like nor why.

We have used the following and have had very good luck and I have no problem recommending them. Prices vary wildly so check prices and take the least expensive.

http://www.autoeurope.com
    http://www.kemwel.com/
    and many many years ago http://www.sixt.com

These are all reliable companies with good reputations.

I hope you find what you want.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nomad7890's Profile Photo

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Thank you, I'll check those websites/companies out. Regards, Martha

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Looks like these companies rent as long as it is for more than one day - web site is not accepting one day reservation.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines