change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gmg88860's Profile Photo

Travel flow around Salvador Nov 10-25

Brazil Yesterday

Flying into SSA around Nov 10 I want to visit the following places with minimal doubling back. How does this look?

Nov 10 -arrive Salvador for Foz de Iguacu
      3 nights Salvador -
      3 days/2 night side trip Lencois (night bus from Salvador)
      2 night side trip Sao Felix/Cachoreia (from Lencois via Feira de Santana (bus)
      -Salvador via bus from Sao Felix/Cachoreia
      3+ night side trip Morro de Sao Paulo or maybe on to Boipeba (boat/boat) Somewhere with a decent balance of not to busy but not too secluded. a little nightlife is good, no wild parties. I'm 55 :)
      depart Salvador around Nov 25 for Rio

Thanks in advance

• gmg88860's Profile Photo

Chapada Diamantina

Brazil Yesterday

What is the weather like around Lençois in mid November? I read somewhere rains come in November. I'm thinking of a daypack only 3 day side trip from Salvador. Would I need rain gear?

• Connecting through Rio De Janeiro

Brazil Sep 21, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Hi!. As it turns out I will be visiting Brazil within the month. I am travelling through Rio De Janerio and Salvador. Does anyone know what the clearing process in Rio is like? I only have about 1hr 45 minutes to catch a connecting flight and clear customs in Rio, so I am debating on checking luggage. I don't want to have to pack that light if I can help it since I will need a lot of personal belongings for my stay. If the consensuses is that the process is smooth enough then I will try and check luggage. Any help is appreciated!

• Naramata's Profile Photo

Renting a car and driving

by Naramata Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Is it feasible and/or safe for three of us to rent a car at CNF and drive ourselves to Ouro Preto? Our flight would arrive at about 3:30PM, on a Saturday, early February. Departure is three days later at 11:35AM.

12 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Soapstone

by andrewhuber Online Now Dec 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I wanted to know the name/names of quarries in the Ouro Preto where soapstone os quarried.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Transfers from Belo Horizonte Airport to Ouro Preto

by Traveler-from-NY Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM

I will be flying into Confins airport, and I need transfers to Ouro Preto. What are my options, and what is the approximate cost? I have decided against using my travel agent for transfers due to the fact they wanted to charge me 412.00 USD. I would prefer not to use the buses, but if the bus is my best option, will I be able to bring large suitcases on board?

2 Answers Nov 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM
    • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Getting Ouro Preto from Rio. What are my Options?

by Traveler-from-NY Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 6:36 AM

I will be in Rio in January 2009, and I would like to see Ouro Preto. What are my options for getting there? I have read about a bus that goes overnight, but are there any faster ways? Train, maybe a private motorcoach? Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Nov 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM
    • cutie-pie's Profile Photo

White Water Rafting?

by cutie-pie Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Is there anywhere near Ouro Preto to go white water rafting? If not, where is the closest city/area to Ouro Preto to do so? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 4:49 AM
    • Current Info Bus to Rio?

by pagode Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 8:33 AM

I plan to take the bus from Rio to Ouro Preto and back. The latest posting about this is over two years old. Does anyone have current info about Schedules and cost? Comfort and length of the trip? Any info would be appreciated.

1 Answer Aug 2, 2007 at 7:44 AM
    • Getting there from BH

by vlquirey Online Now Aug 30, 2005 at 4:09 PM

I will be in Belo Horizonte in a few months and am dying to visit Ouro Preto. What are my options for getting there? How long will it take?

5 Answers Jul 25, 2006 at 6:30 AM
    • englishman007's Profile Photo

Ouro Preto

by englishman007 Online Now Mar 7, 2005 at 12:51 AM

I'm hoping to get to Ouro preto from Rio. I hear there is one bus per day direct?Any ieas which company and what time of the day it leaves Rio? I need to get to Ribeirau Preto after that- is there a bus from Ouro preto to Ribeirau Preto does anybody know?
      ANy nightlife in Ouro preto?
      many thanks

2 Answers Mar 7, 2005 at 4:46 PM