Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Looking for good ideas

Lisbon Jul 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM

Hi
      We are celebrating my parents in laws 50 years wedding anniversary in Lisboa and want to surprice them with a special experience. Anyone have a good idea of what to do? They are not very active people but we still would like to take them somewhere either a different place to see or a restaurant which is special and is both a dinner and experience, this dosen´t mean that gourmet food, but maybe a special place or something.
      Any idea is welcome.

more
    • Buses time

Madeira Island Jul 20, 2016 at 1:17 AM

Buses time which are shown in google maps are true ?
      Everybody say that buses in Madeira go a few time a day but there are so many rides.

Thanks

more
    • can I take food in my suitcase.

Portugal Jul 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM

Is it ok to take food into Portugal. Will be self catering for a week on the Algarve. Many thanks Denise

more
    • travelling from evora

Vila Real de Santo António Jul 5, 2016 at 4:25 AM

how do i get direct to Vila Real de Santo António or Tavira by bus or other transport?
      Thank you
      Robert

more
    • Safe to walk at night?

Lisbon Yesterday

My wife and I who are in our 50s will be visiting Lisbon in August for 5 days. We have booked a place which is about 4 minutes walk from Martim Moniz. The place is located between the neighborhood Baixa and Mouraria. We would like to know if this area is safe to walk at night? Also any security tips to make our stay nice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

more
    • elicomio's Profile Photo

rent a car

Lisbon Yesterday

In view of the stories about the taxi drivers, I considered renting a car for a week
      1 Is it worth it just for our comfort, we 4 people
      2 This will save us heartache
      3 can travel out of town and will not be dependent on
      4 easy to get along driving in the city

i will Happy to receive tips from your experience
      thx

more
    • can I take food in my suitcase.

Portugal Jul 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM

Is it ok to take food into Portugal. Will be self catering for a week on the Algarve. Many thanks Denise

more
    • Supermarket Opening Times

Ponta Delgada Jul 2, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Hi, visiting in a couple of weeks and arriving Saturday evening. What time do the supermarkets close and are they opening Sunday?
      Many thanks

more
    • mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Arrival to Alges and Vegan restarunts

Lisbon Jul 3, 2016 at 6:31 AM

Hi, I know that there is a rechargeable public transportation card sold at the metro stations in Lisbon, that can be filled up with day-passes for 6 euros. Do those day passes work when travelling to Algés too?
      Also, are there good places for vegan food in Lisbon? I'd love some recommendations

more
    • elicomio's Profile Photo

address of a public elevator

Lisbon Jul 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Hi

Does anyone know what is the address of a public elevator, Or escalator that was planned at the beginning of the 20th century by a disciple of Gustave Eiffel between downtown district (Chiado) and Upper Quarter (Barrio Alto)
      not the Santa Justa Lift !

more
    • StevenC29's Profile Photo

Is it a must to buy a Lisboa card when visiting Lisbon

Lisbon Jul 1, 2016 at 1:47 AM

We've all heard of London's oystercard or Hong Kongs octopuscard?

But is it really necessary for lisbon?

Its says in Timeout that if you want to use the METRO then you must use a lisboncard. It says when you travel in from the airport you must use a lisboncard.

Or can you just bu tickets? There is a touristcard? Is this easier? How much is it and can I procure it in the UK before I leave? Does anyone have any webaddresses for the lisboncard?

more
    • Drinking water

Albufeira Jul 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM

I'm travelling to the Algarve for the first time, with young children. Can someone tell me whether the tap water is safe to drink please?

more
    • Lisbon Day Trips

Portugal Jul 15, 2016 at 2:24 PM

I will be spending 4 and a half days in Lisbon in September. With limited time would you suggest a day trip to Evora, Obidos, Albaca/Batalha or Tomar? I will be traveling by train or bus.
      Christine

more
    • bbowie's Profile Photo

advice regarding best use of holiday time

Portugal Jul 11, 2016 at 3:51 PM

hi there, I am from Australia and in September 2016 I will have 12 days holiday in Portugal. I will be arriving in and departing from Lisbon airport. Can anyone please give me advice about where to go and what to do? I would like to go to Porto and then spend some time in smaller towns inland. I like history and culture and food. I am not really interested in beaches and nightlife. For this trip I would probably prefer not to spend my time in museums (that's for another trip) and I like to explore towns on foot. I prefer not to move hotels every day but have a minimum of 2 nights in each place. I will be traveling by train and any other public transport.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I know this is not a long trip but I think with some planning and forethought I can have a wonderful time there. Many thanks

bbowie

more