Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Yesterday

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Yesterday

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• Suggestions on Itinerary

Hokkaido Oct 4, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Hi fellow VTs,
      I need help in your views. I be travelling with grp of 4 (2 couples). We be travelling to Japan nxt yr late march - early April (14 days). This will be our 1st trip to Japan. We have booked a return flight to New Chitose Airport, Hokkaido. Our plan was to travel to Tokyo first then head up back north to Hokkaido. I understand that the Japan Rail Pass is valid for the Shinkanse from Hakodate to Tokyo. As we are most likely to purchase the 7 days pass, we will only be in Tokyo for 7 days then head back up to Hokkaido where we plan to base ourselves at Sapporo.
      (1)Once arrived, how do we travel from New Chitose Airport to Hakidote? Via train/bus.. how long & how much?
      (2)For Hokkaido, is there any similar travel pass like Japan Rail pass? Is it well connected.. If yes, how much?
      (3) Any suggestion on places of interest for Hokkaido. We are nature loving people. We love sightseeing around mountains, villages etc. I heard that Hokkaido has one of the beautiful villages in Japan. Is it true..? If yes is it easily accessible via bus/train.

Sorry to trouble u with these question. We are open to any suggestions and can't wait to hear from u guys.
      Thank you in advance.

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line

Sapporo Oct 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM

We need to travel with heavy luggage from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line.

Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station
      I know the nearest exit at Sapporo Station to the hotel is exit 16. However, that just has stairs. Is there any route via Paseo or JR Tower Hotel Nikko which we can use whereby we won't be encountering any stairs on the way to the subway station?

NHK Bldg
      When I searched Google Street View I saw an exit very near the TV Tower with an elevator (Northwest corner of the Odori Park section where the tower stands). However, I can't seem to find the exit number.. Thus, I won't know which exit to use from within the station.

Would anyone be ably to assist by directing us to the nearest Toho Line's exits with escalator/elevator at both the Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station and Odori Toho Line Subway Station, please?
      Secondly, would appreciate if anyone can post the links to the layout maps of Toho Line Sapporo and Odori Stations, please?
      We are hoping to be able to travel between these two places easily and quickly with our trolley bags, without encountering any stairs..

Tq, Mel

• WinterSolace's Profile Photo

Tenguyama Ropeway in the Nov/Dec period

by WinterSolace Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hey, I will be in Hokkaido for the period 26 Nov to 3 Dec. I'm planning to visit Otaru and thereafter go to Mount Tengu via the ropeway on Sunday, 29 Nov. Just wondering whether the ropeway is available for service and the opening hours.

Thank you very much.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 5:57 AM
    • transport to pier

by sicad Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM

I am boarding a Princess cruise ship in September and will be arriving by train from Sapporo.
      What station should I get off the train?
      Can I walk to the pier or should I get a taxi?
      Approximate taxi cost?

2 fit 67 year olds.

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 12:08 AM
    • Check wather in Otaru

by Wong88 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Is skiing available in October?
      Does it snow in October?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM