VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Otaru

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kobe port terminal to Kansai International

Kobe Jan 26, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Hi Arriving at the port terminal on a Seabourne cruise ship on the 5th April at 08.00 and need transport to Kansai International Airport to catch a flight to Hong Kong. Our flight options are 10.40, 17.55. What is the best method of travel and how long does it take.
      regards
      Ian
      Australia

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Later dinner at Otaru during Snow Light Path Festival

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Dec 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM

During the Otaru Light Festival We will only get into Otaru around 6pm since we will be skiing Mt Teine in the day. Upon arrival we would like to see the festival at both the canal and old railway track areas. I know light-up is until 9pm. Is there any dinner place which stay open late? So we can have something to eat after the visiting the light-up sites? Near the canal or the Otaru Station would be ideal...
      Don't want to waste time eating before seeing the light-up..

Tq, Mel

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Sapporo-Otaru Welcome Pass

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Dec 17, 2016 at 9:52 AM

I plan to go to Teine Highland Ski Resort for a day of skiing then onto Otaru for the Otaru Canal Snow Light Path Festival. Returning to Sapporo that evening. Does the Sapporo-Otaru Welcome Pass cover my JR train from Sapporo to Teine Station then Teine Station to Otaru Station later? Meaning my train journey from Sapporo to Otaru would be broken into 2 train rides.
      Secondly, I'm taking the JR bus from Teine Station to Teine Highland Ski Resort and back to the station. Does the pass also cover this JR bus ride?

Thanks,
      Mel

4 Answers Dec 17, 2016 at 8:19 PM
    • WinterSolace's Profile Photo

Tenguyama Ropeway in the Nov/Dec period

by WinterSolace Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hey, I will be in Hokkaido for the period 26 Nov to 3 Dec. I'm planning to visit Otaru and thereafter go to Mount Tengu via the ropeway on Sunday, 29 Nov. Just wondering whether the ropeway is available for service and the opening hours.

Thank you very much.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 5:57 AM
    • transport to pier

by sicad Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM

I am boarding a Princess cruise ship in September and will be arriving by train from Sapporo.
      What station should I get off the train?
      Can I walk to the pier or should I get a taxi?
      Approximate taxi cost?

2 fit 67 year olds.

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 12:08 AM
    • Check wather in Otaru

by Wong88 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Is skiing available in October?
      Does it snow in October?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM