change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more

Popular Oslo Region Travel Answer Locations

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

• Oslo-Tromso-Oslo

Oslo Nov 3, 2016 at 12:36 AM

I am planning with my friends (20 members) to visit Norway (oslo and Tromso) in Mar.from 3 to 5 Mar will be in oslo then 5 to 9Mar in Tramso ,back to Oslo 9 to 11Mar.
      I am really confused to choose activities over there. I have plans Like Aroura ,Husky sledging ,Renting motor Bikes in oslo. Can anybody help me out on choosing some adveture and scheduling activities ?

3 Answers Nov 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Sightseeing/Food in Oslo

Oslo Aug 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Shall be in Oslo for one and a half days in August'16 last week. Kindly advice best utilization of time for sightseeing and tasting local food/cuisine. We are a mid aged couple on a trip to Scandinavia who love art and nature. Shall be doing the Fjords, Bergen and Flam separately.

Regards,

4 Answers Aug 18, 2016 at 1:07 AM
    • AlperIst's Profile Photo

Oslo Airport transport

Oslo Jul 6, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hello,

I have FI317 08:25 flight from Oslo to Reykjavik. If I take the 22:59 train from Bergen and arrive at 06:25 at Oslo, can I go to the airport to take my flight on time? Flytoget Airport Express Train takes 22 minutes from Oslo S to the airport, the website says.

Best wishes,
      Alper Metin

2 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM
    • Best Staying options in Oslo

Oslo Jun 18, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Hey friends,
      We are a family of three, we will be arriving from Tromso to Oslo Airport on 25th July at 22;50
      Next day on 26th we have a flight to Barcelona at 15;15
      Want to see Oslo in this short practically time available. For this want to choose stay economic location which will be close to attractions and easy to commute to & fro airport
      or alternatively should we stay close to airport...?

Best
      Anil

1 Answer Jun 18, 2016 at 3:08 PM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

Oslo Jun 9, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Is that the best option:
      Airport express bus to Oslo Central Station, then Taxi from Central Station to Thon Hotel Terminus Stenersgt. 10, 0184 Oslo, Norway. Will touch down at 11h00 on the 15 of July. Thanks

6 Answers Jun 21, 2016 at 6:23 AM
    • St Olaves Gate to Kirkegata

Oslo Jun 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Hi Guys,
      I have to travel between these places on a Saturday.
      How much would taxi cost?

5 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 3:41 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Australian dollars?

Oslo Jun 6, 2016 at 11:58 PM

I will be in Oslo in July, are there money changers where you can easily change Australian dollar notes for Krone or you have to go to a bank?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    • Quiet or Scenic places near Oslo!

Oslo May 19, 2016 at 4:15 PM

HI! I am traveling to Oslo in two weeks, i am wanting to see some quiet towns or scenic views within a 2 hour journey time of Oslo by train or bus as i don't really like typical touristy attractions unless its Viking related! Can anyone offer me advice? It would be greatly appreciated?

1 Answer May 20, 2016 at 12:01 AM
    • Timings of vigelandsparken

Oslo Feb 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM

What is the park closing time on second March

2 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 1:44 AM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

How to get to ski jump and Vigeland park.

Oslo Feb 13, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Hi, we will be in Oslo for just one day. After researching what we would like to see and considering we don't want to be be in a mad rush we have come up with the following itinerary.
      We arrive late afternoon from Flam the day before so hope to have a wander around the centre of town and harbour in the early evening. If not we will do this the next day.
      We would really love to visit the ski jump for the views and Frogner Park in the morning. I have found transport to get to these places from Oslo but if we visited the ski jump first how would we get to Frogner park from there? Or visa versa. We don't want to do an organised tour as we want to go at our own pace.
      The afternoon we would visit other attractions like the resistance museum, City Hall and maybe a ferry ride to Brygge. We won't visit the outdoor folk museum as we may visit the one in Stockholm. I know the Viking ship museums are quite different but we don't need to see two so will probably visit the Vasa in Stockholm. I have read that the ferry trip to Bygdoyis a pleasant way to way to see Oslo from the water. Is it still worthwhile to wander around Bygdoy even if we not visiting the main attractions?
      We want to enjoy Oslo and not be in a mad rush to fit lots in. Our hotel is near Central Station. We like to wander around and just take it all in.
      Any advice/opinion or help is appreciated.
      Sylv

3 Answers Feb 15, 2016 at 1:20 AM
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Oslo airport transfer time

Oslo Jan 19, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Hi all: What would be a reasonable and safe amount of time to allocate to arrive in Oslo on one airline, deplane, collect baggage, and check in on another airline bound for Bangkok? Is the airport in Oslo efficient and easy to negotiate?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    • Hroar Prydz

Oslo Jan 13, 2016 at 9:00 AM

I'm looking for a shop in Oslo that might sell antique Hroar Prydz enamel jewelry. Any suggestions?

Catherine

1 Answer Jan 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM
    • easyout4u's Profile Photo

5 1/2 hour layover in airport

Oslo Jan 5, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I have a 5 1/2 hour layover at the airport is it possible to do anything ? Short tour, grab a bit to eat where locals would
      go ? Or stay at airport. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 6, 2016 at 3:24 AM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Norway tour plan : fjords and northern lights

Oslo Jan 2, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Hi All,
      We r planning to do a 10 day trip of Norway in end March 2016.
      We have included :
      Oslo
      Bergen
      Sognefjorden ..
      And we can include eithern Lofoten or Tromso.

I read that Tromso is a good place to catch the Northern Lights in end March.
      Can anyone suggest which might be a better option to include .Lofoten or Tromso. ?

Secondly, our group of two families ahve children in the age of 7 and 9. Is it fine for them to visit Tromso at those sub-zero temperatures( we are dubai residents and do not have exposure to such cold climate)

Third, what is a good cheap option to travel to Tromso from either Oslo or Bergen?
      Thanks,
      Samit

3 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 6:43 AM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

3-4 days in Oslo in March what should we do

Oslo Jan 1, 2016 at 9:43 PM

We are going to be going up to the North of Norway and going on a Northern lights exploration. our last port is Bergen. We heard that you can take a ferry then a train to Oslo. We would like to spend a few days exploring oslo and the surrounding area. Where would be a good place to stay?? Should we rent a car? Since it is the middle of winter, we know it will be cold, what will be good things for us to plan to do? Does Oslo have good public tansportaion?? thanks for your advice.

3 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 7:49 AM
    • Time needed from train to plain. Fast track?

Oslo Oct 20, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Hi, we have 23 hours layover at Oslo, on December 17, 2015, planning to book a hotel at center Oslo.
      Our flight to. Kenna on Austrian airline is at 6:20 am. First train from city will bring us at 5:02 am to the airport. Is airport use so early? Can we use fast track for security? (One business ticket, 2 economy). How long is a walk/run from the train to the security ?
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 5:14 AM
    • OsloSam's Profile Photo

Heading to Oslo this weekend, anyone else going or going to be there?

Oslo Oct 5, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Me and my mates, 4 of us in total, are heading over to Oslo from the UK this Friday for three days. Just wondering if anyone else is going at the same time as us or will be there? Also, is there anything we should definitely do whilst we're out there? Our ages are between 21 and 22

2 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    • Mcaroline93's Profile Photo

Hiking in Oslo

Oslo Sep 30, 2015 at 8:34 AM

I'm in Oslo for another 5 days and I really want to explore some amazing scenery. I have been up to the ski jump and walked all around that area and I have been to the closer island from Oslo. I really want to see more of the same thing but not sure where to go.. I have a week travel pass so I can move around easily - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Answer Sep 30, 2015 at 10:27 PM
    • Bergen to Oslo rygge airport

Oslo Aug 25, 2015 at 4:28 AM

How should I get from Bergen to Oslo rygge airport please

1 Answer Aug 25, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • Bergen to Oslo rygge airport

Oslo Aug 25, 2015 at 12:55 AM

How should I get from Bergen to Oslo rygge airport please

2 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    • transportation

Oslo Jul 11, 2015 at 5:46 AM

transportation by train from airport to central station.

4 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM
    • What to wear July

Oslo Region Jul 8, 2015 at 12:11 PM

What to pack for July

5 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 1:45 AM
    • Camping for 30 people

Oslo Jun 25, 2015 at 3:15 AM

We are 30 friends comming to Oslo this July and we want to go camp into wilderness near Oslo. Does anyone know where we could rent tents/canoes and suggest some route? Or maybe there is some tour company doing this? I tried first pages of google search but could not find any companies offering this..
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • IvoPrague's Profile Photo

8 days traveling around Norway

Oslo May 29, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Greetings. I'm going with daughter to Norway. What you can see one all day in Oslo? Do you experience a city tour bus etc.
      Stavenger we will stay 2 all days. Flám - Ulvik one all day.
      Thank you very much for your opinion.Ivo.

1 Answer May 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM
    • Weather in Oslo in September

Oslo May 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM

What is the weather like in Oslo in September? Do we need to pack winter clothing? And does it rain often?

2 Answers May 26, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Oslo for 1 night

Oslo Apr 29, 2015 at 10:13 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Oslo, after the Norway in a Nutshell experience on the 3rd June night. Hotel is Frogner Apartment House at Bygdoy Alle 53, Frogner.

How do we reach the hotel at night?? We will have to take the keys etc. from another nearby registration office of the Hotel/Apartment.

We have our flight departing for Dubai, at 14:30 from Oslo Airport, On 4th June. How much of Oslo can we see in the morning? We must reach by 12:00 I think to the airport. How do we go about this?

How and from where can we book a minibus / van with English speaking driver / guide to pick us up from hotel at about 7.30 / 8.00 am, take us around the city and drop us to airport by 12.00 /12.30??

What all can we see?

Please do help.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Oslo airport connecting flight abroad...

Oslo Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Hello VT! I'm arriving in Osolo airport from Fort Lauderdale and then departing Oslo to Bangkok, my question is do you personally think 1hour 25 min is a decent amount of time to catch my bangkok flight? I have zero checked bags. Only carry on. I just want to know what to expect.

Also, does Oslo airport have free wifi?
      Any advice is appreciated.
      TIA !

4 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    • OSLO airport

Oslo Mar 16, 2015 at 8:41 PM

We are arriving at 9 pm after traveling through western europe. We will have already spent 2 weeks in Norway and will be flying home the next day at 1 pm. Should we just stay at the airport or is it worthwhile (and safe) to stay in town?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 4:18 AM
    • Travelling from Oslo to Flåm by car

Oslo Feb 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Is it safe and possible to see beautiful landscape travelling by car from Oslo to Flåm?

4 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM