Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

Day trip to visit snow monkey Park near Nagano from Kyoto or Tokyo?

Tokyo 20 hours ago

I will be staying in both places.I s it possible to visit the park as a day trip from either or Tokyo?

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• Need some advice on where to go for Tokyo and Osaka (26 October to 6 November 2016)

Japan Oct 17, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Hi, a group of 8 of us (4 kids from 7 - 15 years old) are travelling on 26 October to 6 November 2016 to Tokyo and Osaka. We will fly in to Tokyo till 1 November and therefore Osaka. Some of the places we would like to visit are :-
      Tokyo - Asakusa, Disney Sea, Mt. Fuji, Aquarium, Ginza & Harajuku shopping streets
      Osaka - Universal Studios, Instant Ramen Museum

Can anyone of you advice/suggest where else can I visit or plan any itinerary please....thank you in advance :)

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Transit at Sengakuji Station

Tokyo Oct 13, 2016 at 7:19 PM

I need to go from Asakusabashi Station to Haneda Airport. I have already checked Hyperdia and see there are direct as well as some that require 1 transit at Sengakuji Station, ie:

Can anyone help to clarify about the change of train at Sengakuji please? I see only 1 minute wait. Is the change at the same platform or the platform across?
      I would try to catch the direct train from Asakusabashi to Haneda of cause, but just in case..

Thanks, Mel

• Luggage storage at Nagoya Train station

Nagoya Sep 26, 2016 at 6:19 PM

I need to store my luggage for 5 days in Nagoya station. May I know is this service available in Nagoya station?

• Suggestions on Itinerary

Hokkaido Oct 4, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Hi fellow VTs,
      I need help in your views. I be travelling with grp of 4 (2 couples). We be travelling to Japan nxt yr late march - early April (14 days). This will be our 1st trip to Japan. We have booked a return flight to New Chitose Airport, Hokkaido. Our plan was to travel to Tokyo first then head up back north to Hokkaido. I understand that the Japan Rail Pass is valid for the Shinkanse from Hakodate to Tokyo. As we are most likely to purchase the 7 days pass, we will only be in Tokyo for 7 days then head back up to Hokkaido where we plan to base ourselves at Sapporo.
      (1)Once arrived, how do we travel from New Chitose Airport to Hakidote? Via train/bus.. how long & how much?
      (2)For Hokkaido, is there any similar travel pass like Japan Rail pass? Is it well connected.. If yes, how much?
      (3) Any suggestion on places of interest for Hokkaido. We are nature loving people. We love sightseeing around mountains, villages etc. I heard that Hokkaido has one of the beautiful villages in Japan. Is it true..? If yes is it easily accessible via bus/train.

Sorry to trouble u with these question. We are open to any suggestions and can't wait to hear from u guys.
      Thank you in advance.

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line

Sapporo Oct 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM

We need to travel with heavy luggage from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line.

Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station
      I know the nearest exit at Sapporo Station to the hotel is exit 16. However, that just has stairs. Is there any route via Paseo or JR Tower Hotel Nikko which we can use whereby we won't be encountering any stairs on the way to the subway station?

NHK Bldg
      When I searched Google Street View I saw an exit very near the TV Tower with an elevator (Northwest corner of the Odori Park section where the tower stands). However, I can't seem to find the exit number.. Thus, I won't know which exit to use from within the station.

Would anyone be ably to assist by directing us to the nearest Toho Line's exits with escalator/elevator at both the Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station and Odori Toho Line Subway Station, please?
      Secondly, would appreciate if anyone can post the links to the layout maps of Toho Line Sapporo and Odori Stations, please?
      We are hoping to be able to travel between these two places easily and quickly with our trolley bags, without encountering any stairs..

Tq, Mel

• Gichuck's Profile Photo

Seven days by rail in Japan

Japan Sep 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM

My wife and I are spending seven days in Japan, the last week in October. We arrive at Tokyo Haneda early morning on 25 October and fly out of Fukuoka (to Seoul) on 1 or 2 November. In between we'd like to travel with a rail pass and visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima, but we'd also like to see some unspoilt and perhaps less visited parts of Japan's countryside, assuming we would have time. Any suggested itineraries?
      We have both been to Tokyo before, separately and briefly, but have not seen anything of the rest of the country.

• public transport from Haneida Airport to City Centre of Tokyo

Tokyo Sep 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi everyone, I will arrive Haneida airport very late evening almost 1am. Is there any public transit bus to the hotel in city centre?

Any budget hotels recommend to stay for 2 people

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

11 visiting days How much time in Tokyo and Kyoto?

Tokyo Oct 22, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Hi, this will be my first trip to Japan. I would like to stay primarily in Tokyo, I think, in a hostel, but want to see Kyoto. I want to see old architecture and gardens, as well as museums, etc. I also want to see Modern Tokyo too, but am not sure how much time I should spend in each city, as I am limited on time.

Also, any suggested day trips? I like to visit large cities, but then contrast them with a day trip to a smaller more traditional place.

• Tokyo to Kyoto

Tokyo Oct 4, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I will be arriving in Japan first week of November. Our travel plans include seeing Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone and Kyoto.
      I have been reading about the JRPass. Which pass should be purchased? Would it be worth it?
      Also, are there any apps that you would recommend downloading prior to our trip? Any Maps? To help get around

• Japan Winter Trip Itinerary 2016 Help

Japan Sep 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Hi All!

I would like to visit japan on mid february 2017 for 10 days with my BF.
      And i want to visit Tokyo, Fuji Q, Shirakawa-go, Zao onsen in yamagata for snow boarding, and will fly back to my hometown from tokyo.
      I still confused to arrange the itinerary. But I will buy JPrail pass for 7 days, so to go to that place i will use shinkansen.

Day 1: arrived at haneda in the morning, tokyo sightseeing
      Day 2: go to fuji Q and heading back to tokyo
      Day 3: Tokyo disney sea
      Day 4: Shirakawago, I dont think its possible to do return trip from tokyo to shirakawago (or it is possible?)
      Day 5: Heading to Tokyo
      Day 6: Yamagata - Zao, return to tokyo
      Day 7: Kyoto
      Day 8: Kyoto, return to tokyo
      Day 9: Tokyo
      Day 10: Going back home

I think my itinerary is messed up, isnt it?
      Any suggestion for this winter trip?

• Itinerary & general cost of living

Tokyo Oct 1, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Thinking of doing a stop over in Japan Dec/Jan 207/2018 - going via Japan to New Zealand with NZ airlines - on the bucket list for 2 wrinklies!!

Want to see Narito/Hanenko/Kyoto and was thinking of remaining in Tokyo and doing day excursions even though they're long and expensive - Not into hiking/walking cable cars/ropeways excludes many of the Mt Fuji Haven't got the confidence to explore on our own given the language probs - just want to see and experience some of the culture - but definitely no reptiles/snakes as I've got a big phobia - don't mind doing a reasonable amount of walking. Looking at Viator & City Discovery Tours ? - used Viator before

We've also heard horror stories about the cost of living - so we thought that by booking hotels a year out on a free [cancellation basis we'd do a reasonable price - will only stay in hotels with ensuite, but what about food? Anything food that is simple and cheap would be acceptable - quite happy to eat in McDs for a few days to keep prices down

All suggestions much appreciated - know it's a long way off but there is so much planning to do which I will find loads of fun - hoping to slot in Singapore & Hong Kong - kids watch your inheritance disappear!!

• Time in Osaka

by SinA108 Online Now Sep 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM

How to spend 8 days in Kanto region for a repeat visitor. No temples please.

8 Answers Sep 26, 2016 at 7:14 AM
    • drjlim's Profile Photo

Universal Keihan Tower to/from Kansai

by drjlim Online Now May 21, 2016 at 3:40 AM

Will be arriving Osaka 6am June do I get to the hotel from Kansai airport? Also, what can my fellow VT members advice as to how I can get to Kansai from the hotel with a 10am ETD on June 10? Bus to airport will leave at a much better time. So probably train would be a better option. If so, which one am I to take? I will be bringing a large bag with me. Thanks.

3 Answers May 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM
    • Place to stay in Osaka

by samjadewong Online Now Mar 31, 2016 at 8:26 PM

I will be in Osaka for May 21 for 3 days. I'm coming in from Fukuoka by shinkasen. I'm trying to book Airbnb. Please advise which park of Osaka should I be looking into for accommodation. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 7:15 AM
    • Weather in Osaka

by xlainnne Online Now Mar 31, 2016 at 7:16 AM

I'll be visiting Osaka at the start of June. Is the weather going to be hot? I've done a research that there might be heavy rain?

Kindly advise.

5 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM
    • drjlim's Profile Photo

Can anyone help me with my itinerary?

by drjlim Online Now Feb 8, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Two of us will be travelling to Osaka early June. We will arrive early morning of 05 June and will leave morning of that is around 4.5days in Osaka.
      1. We plan to stay near Osaka I right in using this as a base to visit nearby towns/cities?
      2.What hotels can you guys recommend? We are looking at a maximum budget of around $800for 5 nights.
      3. Upon arrival, we will most likely be spending the day around the City...any suggestions?
      4. We plan to visit Universal studios on Monday and Tuesday...too much time or just enough?
      5. On Wed and Thu, we plan to visit neighboring cities..Nara, Kyoto, etc. any advice on how to get to these places on our own? Is there any special tickes similar to Eurail that we can just buy and take any trains?
      Thanks guys.

6 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 2:43 PM
    • EffaEfufu's Profile Photo

3days in Osaka. What should I do?

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Il be droppingby Osaka for 3days and will be going USS to spend a whole
      Day at.
      What' are the other nice places to checkout?
      And where can I find great affordable selvedge denim in Osaka?
      Il be staying at grand gravia

5 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 7:39 PM
    • UK passport holder visa

by EllieB21 Online Now Nov 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Does anybody have any experience with applying for extended period of stay if I am to stay in Japan for more than 90 days? Is it okay that my return ticket has a date on that is over 90 days from my out ticket?

2 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 10:20 PM
    • lockers at universal studio

by LBTpeter Online Now Oct 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Does Universal Studio has lockers for luggage bags?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • planning below is it rush for us? And 路线可否请你帮忙我们做修改?

by chloeyiau Online Now Sep 13, 2015 at 7:24 PM

First Day:

Second Day:
      4.大阪水上巴士 Aqua-Liner
      7.HEP FIVE 摩天轮

3 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    • how to apply wifi in the osaka?

by chloeyiau Online Now Sep 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM

1. osaka sim card 如何申请?网路数据是不是一直都有开的? 需要验证密码?是怎么验证?

1 Answer Sep 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    • transportation pass

by happynia Online Now Sep 6, 2015 at 6:01 AM

hi..i would like to ask about transportation pass. My schedule will be :

• 1st day : kansai - namba ( my hotel is in shin saibashi ). Go to Osaka castle, umeda sky building, hep5 ferris wheel and dotonburi, shinsaibahi and namba area
      • 2nd day : universal studio
      • 3rd day : check out from osaka and go to nara a whole day. go to kyoto at around 5 or 6 p.m.
      • 4 - 6th day : 3 days in Kyoto. Take the willer bus at the 6th day
      • 7th - 9th day : 3 days in Tokyo

Could you please advise which one is more suitable, is it Kansai Thru pass or Osaka Amazing Pass or Nankai - Kansai Airport edition ( i read that Nankai-Kansai Airport edition includes unlimited rides for 1 day on all Nankai Electric Railway lines within Osaka Prefecture added to the valid area for the Osaka Amazing Pass area edition for 1 day.)

How about for 2nd day as i plan to spend my whole day in universal studio ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Regards,

2 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 10:51 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

3 hours in Osaka, what do do?

by mindcrime Online Now Sep 6, 2015 at 2:26 AM

heading back to Kyoto from Hiroshima (or Himeji the second day) we may stop in Osaka for 3 hours.
      1)which is a convinient JR station to stop? (I've heard there are many stations in Osasa, have in mind we will use JR Pass)
      2)any suggested itinerary to follow? is the station a good starting point or do we have to deal with local transportation? (I'd prefer to avoid this)

14 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    • mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Train Travel to Tokyo from Osaka

by mydreamquest Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I'll be in Japan for 11 days. Will arrive in Tokyo, train to Kyoto, and then train to Osaka and then return to Tokyo.

Using high speed train, what's the most cost effective solution?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM
    • Getting around Osaka

by littledevils326 Online Now Jun 6, 2015 at 5:50 PM

I will travelling to Osaka on 18 June and returning 23 June (5 days). This is my first time travelling to Osaka and but sure how to get around. I read about the 1 and 2 day passes which I am think of getting one. Is this a good idea? If so, where can I get one? Are they available at all stations? I read you can get one at airport, however I don't arrive until around 10pm and the info centre will be shut.
      Also the the rails run 24 hours? If not, when is their last run usually?

4 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    • osaka - kyoto - nara - kyoto

by audz Online Now May 29, 2015 at 11:45 AM

I am planning my itinerary for travels from tokyo - osaka - kyoto - nara - kyoto - tokyo.
      As of now, i am considering the overnight express bus from tokyo to osaka and from kyoto to tokyo as i dont mind the long travelling hours and it will save me alot more than getting the JR pass.
      I'm just wondering for travelling within osaka to kyoto/nara, should i get the kansai pass or any other passes?

places i might want to visit in osaka (2 days):

- Tenjinbashisuji Shoping arcade
      - Sennichimae Donguyasuji Shopping Arcade
      - Kuromon Market

the places i might want to visit in kyoto (1.5 days):
      - Fushimi Inari
      - Kinkaku-ji Temple
      - Nishiki Market Alley
      - Arashiyama Bamboo Grove (maybe)
      - Gion

the places i might want to visit in nara (day trip):
      - Nara park
      -Todai-ji Temple

Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 5:57 AM
    • 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary

by 3tt3n3n Online Now Apr 28, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Good day everyone!
      Me and my 2 friends will be spending 6 days vacation in Osaka. A suggestion for a 6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary for late Nov to early Dec 2015 will be highly appreciated taking into consideration the best autumn colors.
      Thanks! And God bless!

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 7:55 PM
    • Straggler's Profile Photo

10 hour at the airport - What would you do

by Straggler Online Now Apr 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Long layover at the airport and wanted to see something around the area. What would you suggest to do.

5 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • kahar's Profile Photo

Suggestion On 6-Day Itinerary

by kahar Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest a 6-day itinerary in Osaka for me. Any suggestion will do without prejudice to any interests in particular. Travel date would be from 14-21 Nov 2015. I had Kyoto covered, so I will pass on any adjacent town/city such as Kyoto/Nara/Kobe and such. Just strictly on Osaka.

Cheers now :')

8 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    • How to take train to Gotemba outlet?

by ahyi72 Online Now Mar 13, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi! We are planning to go osaka for 8 days. In between would like to go Gotemba Factory outlet. But I would like to know how far it is to travel there by train from osaka? Is it worth going there? As I have read up that it is bigger outlet than the rest. Thanks

5 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    • How to take train to Gotemba outlet?

by ahyi72 Online Now Mar 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Hi! We are planning to go osaka for 8 days. In between would like to go Gotemba Factory outlet. But I would like to know how far it is to travel there by train from osaka? Is it worth going there? As I have read up that it is bigger outlet than the rest. Thanks

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    • 2/3 Nights in Osaka

by DavidW106 Online Now Feb 13, 2015 at 5:33 AM

I was in Osaka two years ago, only one day day so did not see it. This time im in Osaka for probably 2/3 nights. What do i need to see and do and eat and drink restaurants sights bars etc. That goes the same for Kyoto, Tokyo and maybe a few other cites too. I fly into Osaka and out of Tokyo 10 nights in total. I will probably get another bullet train pass

4 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM
    • Places of interest in Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe

by TenzinD Online Now Jan 23, 2015 at 1:17 AM

Hey, I am planning a trip to Osaka in November and we have 8 full days to spend. I have seen some of the reviews and concluded the following places of interest are:
      (1) Osaka - (a) business commerical city (b) nothing fantastic except Universal Studio © not much attractions
      (2) Kyoto to visit (a) Kinkakuyi Gold Pavilion (b) Heian shrine © Kiyomizudera Temple (d) Nijo-Jocastle (e) Arashiyama Bamboo Forest (f) Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine
      (3) Nara to visit (a) Todai-ji for the Great Buddha and wondering deer.
      (4) Kobe?

- Could someone please tell me what other places of interest to visit beside those stated above and also what to see in Kobe?
      - Can recommend reasonable hotel to stay at easily accessible location?
      - Any reasonable onsen to recommend?
      - How many nights at each places? Ie, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe.

Thank you in advance. :-)

8 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • annamarisdiga9477's Profile Photo

First time to visit Osaka for 5 days and 4 nights... Itinerary please :-)

by annamarisdiga9477 Online Now Jan 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Hubby & I with our 3 kids will visit Osaka for the first time this coming March 24-28. Can you help us with our itinerary. Where to go...How to go to...What to do... etc... From airport we have booked a hotel near Osaka Castle. How can we squeezed in - making our trip memorable with limited time. Thanks :-)

9 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM
    • Meeriah's Profile Photo

Osaka in April 2015

by Meeriah Online Now Jan 7, 2015 at 7:44 PM

It's my first time to travel to Osaka with my daughter, and I have no clue how to begin this 6 day tour.

1. Which area should we get a hotel to check in to? (I already have a reservation at Hotel Shin Imamiya Address: 1-2-20 Haignochaya, Nishinari-ku 557-0004; Area/City/Country: Tennoji/Uehonmachi/Osaka/Japan) Is this a good place and is the area convenient to most parks visited by tourists?

2. We intend to visit Kyoto / Nara, should we stay 1 night in this area too? Or is it convenient to go back to our reserved hotel for the night if we will be visiting Universal Studios the next day?

3. If we stay in that said area (Nishinari-ku) which should we visit first? Universal Studios or Kyoto/Nara?

Your feedback would really help us decide a big bulk of our tour questions :) Thank you in advance!

9 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to keep feet warm

by Poling Online Now Dec 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Will be departing to Osaka/Kyoto next week. Knowing that the it will be pretty cold, what should I wear to keep my feet warm? thanks.

4 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

to Osaka Castle

by fridz Online Now Dec 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM

From Namba Subway Station how to go to Osaka Castle?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Kansai Airport to Namba Oriental Hotel

by fridz Online Now Dec 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

How to go to Namba Oriental Hotel (near Namba Subway Station) from Kansai Airport? What are the options? thanks much

3 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    • stiig's Profile Photo

Osaka basics

by stiig Online Now Nov 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi everyone, on 15.11.2014 am arriving to Osaka for a few days. Need some help with having fun and sightseeing not looking every spot by hours. Anyone give me some advices while having a dinner? Greetings from Poland. Stig

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • Hobby shop near Dotonbori

by MohammadNoor Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Hi folks,

My wife and I will be coming for a vacation this December. While at the same time I will be looking to get some hobby merchandise from Japan. Can anyone please help me to locate nearby hobby shop/store around Dotonbori district? Really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • nizora's Profile Photo

Icoca & Haruka roundtrip version

by nizora Online Now Oct 27, 2014 at 3:50 AM

From Kyoto I will be taking LTD. EXP HARUKA bound for KIX, and LTD. EXP HARUKA stops at Tennoji station. Using the Icoca & Haruka ticket , could I exit at Tennoji station ?

9 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM