Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Oman Travel Answer Locations

• jwhitehouse's Profile Photo

Best hotel location Muscat

Oman Jul 29, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Will be in Muscat March '17 and see there are several neighborhoods in which to stay.

What do you think is best?

Thanks,

Joe Whitehouse

2 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    • Do I need transit visa?

Oman May 30, 2016 at 12:35 PM

I am an Indian, travelling from Amsterdam to Mumbai. I just want to know, whether I need a transit visa or not? I also have Dutch resident permit.
      can someone please clarify this?
      Thanks

• Any luggage storage area in Ruwi bus station?

Muscat May 20, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Any luggage storage area in Ruwi bus station?

• Driving from Muscat to Niswa via the Rustaq loop through wadi bani Awf?

Oman Feb 7, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Has anyone driven from Muscat to Niswa through wadi bani Awf? What were the conditions like? Was it really scary? I am going to hire a 4wd but am not a very confident driver. The scenery looks stunning so I want to drive but am concerned about how difficult it will be.
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM
    • Restaurants inKhasab Musandam in Oman

Khasab Jan 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Hi,
      I'm visiting Khasab Musandam in Oman next month and would really appreciate any restaurant recommendations. Will be celebrating a special occasion there and looking for great quality food and a restaurant with nice ambience. Thanks a lot.

7 Answers Feb 1, 2016 at 4:12 AM
    • Day trip from Muscat

Oman Jan 30, 2016 at 7:25 AM

Hi, I am looking for a good day trip to Wahiba Sands from Muscat. Is there any advised cheap company?

2 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 10:40 AM
    • places for kids

Muscat Jan 29, 2016 at 9:33 PM

which are the most lively places for kids?
      i am near Ruwi, any tourist spots around here?

2 Answers Mar 2, 2016 at 8:38 PM
    • Oman this weekend

Muscat Jan 21, 2016 at 1:22 AM

what can i do in oman this weekend ???

1 Answer Jan 21, 2016 at 1:46 AM
    • Gerhard_Beer's Profile Photo

Beach or town - where to stay in Salalah?

Salalah Jan 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Hello together. Yes, it is bad - but we have only one full day in Salalah - but this means three nights (wie came and leave by flight). Where should we (My girlfriend and me) stay in this three nights - downtown or at the beach - far away from the City Center ? We don´t have a own car, we would always need a Bus or a taxi. Who knows the solution? :-)

Gerhard

2 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    • Gerhard_Beer's Profile Photo

How knows a low-budget-hotel directly on the corniche in Mutrah /Muscat?

Muscat Dec 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Hello, I´m trying since two weeks to make a reservation in a hotel directly in the harbour of Mutrah in Muscat/Oman. But Hotel Mina and Al-Nahdha I coulnd`t reach - perhaps they are closed !??

How knows a - existing...... - hotel (Low Budget) directly on the corniche???? Thanks a lot - it will be my first time in Muscat.

-)

Gerhard

3 Answers Dec 12, 2015 at 3:32 AM
    • Joint Tourist Visa Facility between Dubai and Oman

Oman Dec 6, 2015 at 5:43 AM

I am a tourist arriving in Dubai for two days, and then plan to travel overland to Oman. I have read that i may not have to pay for a tourist visa as i am from the UK (list 1), because I have recently received a Dubai visa. I have found that this is definitely possible if i fly into Oman from Dubai, as i am going direct and would have a return ticket. But, i have not found any information to suggest that i can go overland and still not pay an entry fee. Can i still take advantage of my Dubai Visa and joint tourist facility if i travel overland?

4 Answers Dec 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    • Muscat with kids

Muscat Dec 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Hi, we are staying in Muscat for one night on a cruise ship with 3 kids aged 8,7 and 5. Can anyone suggest the best things to do with them. We live in Abu Dhabi so are familiar with the Middle East. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Dec 24, 2015 at 4:16 PM
    • Nurl's Profile Photo

Taxi or bus to Abu dhabi

Muscat Nov 13, 2015 at 8:42 AM

My family of 3 intend to travel Abu dhabi from Muscat. What is the best way to get there? By bus or taxi?Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 13, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

top priorities in Oman

Oman Oct 14, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have read through the forum, thanks for all the info, plenty of good guidance here. As far as I can see, the most important things to see in Oman are Muscat, the coast from Muscat to around Sur, Wadi Bani Khalid, Jebel Akhdar, Rustaq and Jebel Shams. And of course turtle watching and beaches. Does this look like a shortlist of the most important things to see, or have I missed out a "must-see"? I have around 4 or 5 days available to visit Oman, and I know this won't really be enough to do justice to the whole country, but I want to at least see the most unique things in Oman.

Any comments or suggestions?

8 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    • holiday trip

Muscat Sep 23, 2015 at 1:35 AM

holidays in muscat , any new place

2 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 1:18 AM
    • roland-112's Profile Photo

Public transport

Oman Jul 16, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Dear VT
      do anybody know if there are good conections between the airport and the hotels in the south of Muscat (80 km away from the airport).
      Thanks
      Roland

3 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    • asim.khan's Profile Photo

Traveling around Oman this November.

Oman Jul 10, 2015 at 2:36 AM

Hi, this is Asim………
      I will be traveling around Oman for two weeks or so this November.
      I am looking for a like minded person who is interested to share travel expenses; I am not an experienced traveler.
      I'm a 29 year old guy from India working in Oman from past few years; I am familiar with the local culture and have a valid driving licence.
      If you're interested get in touch!
      asimeeeasim@gmail.com

• roland-112's Profile Photo

Liveaboard near Muscat

Oman Jul 9, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hi together,
      i try to find a liveaboard which starts near Muscat. After the cruise i plan to rent a car and to visit a few interesting sites in Oman. Would be great if everybody can give me a few recomendations.
      Thanks a lot
      Rolan

6 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    • Travel Buddy Wanted

Oman Apr 25, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Looking for travel buddies to share costs. Have hired a 4WD for the Nizwa mountain area 30th April to 7th May.

3 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 1:05 AM
    • Dubai- Salalah car rental

Salalah Apr 22, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Hello, I am flying with my friends to Dubai in December and we would like to drive to Salalah. Can anybody tell me how is it with the border crossing and the insurance? I am really confused, because I got very different prices from the car rental companies ( border crossing for 600US$ and from the other one 20US$). Some of the car rental companies also don't allow you to drive so far, only to Muscat.
      Thanks in advance .

6 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 10:37 PM
    • Flying from Dubai only 2/3 days in Oman with 5 year old - where to go what to do

Oman Mar 30, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking at taking a little trip Dubai to Oman during the return leg of uk - perth Australia trip. I heard that the beaches sometimes have turtles ( don't know when) and that it could be a good place to go but I know so little about the country...educate me, recommendations on where to fly in, what to do for such a short visit between long flights
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    • When is turtle season?

Oman Mar 30, 2015 at 5:40 AM

Hi all, when is turtle season and if you only had two days in Oman how would you spend it - looking for sense of the place/people, nature etc but have a 5 year old in tow

4 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 8:07 AM
    • Al Ain to Nizwa by bus ?

Oman Mar 7, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Does anybody know if there is a bus service from Al Ain to Nizwa?

1 Answer Mar 9, 2015 at 3:04 AM
    • raymondng's Profile Photo

Travel to Musandam and Muscat with a 3 yr old

Oman Feb 26, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi, am planning to travel from Dubai to Khasab on early Jan 2016 and would like to get advice on the following -
      1. Where can I find reputable companies to hire in Dubai to drive (one way) to Khasab and stop along Sharjah and one or two other attractions along the way?
      2. Is it true that ferry to Muscat is sometimes cancelled? If cancelled, is it easy to fly to Muscat via Oman Air or will have to spend an extra night? Is the 5 hour ferry worth the time to Muscat?

Here's my general plan
      Fly into Dubai -> Khasab (1 Night) -> Muscat for 3 nights -> head home

Thank you VTers!

4 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 12:59 PM
    • Swimsuits at hotels?

Oman Feb 15, 2015 at 10:44 AM

I am going to Muscat Oman next week, I know that I (as a woman) have to cover myself more than what I am used to in hot countries, but what about swimsuits at the hotel pool, or at the beach?
      Grateful for an answer!
      //L

4 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 4:46 AM
    • Question to Westerner Travellers who Explored Oman

Oman Dec 16, 2014 at 6:52 AM

How easy would it be for an older woman alone to travel around the country? Can one see the country by taking public buses? And about how long would you say it would take to see Oman without rushing? Is there relatively cheap accomodation like youth hostels? Would love to hear from people who've done it.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • Flat to rent?

Muscat Dec 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Does anybody have a flat to rent in Muscat for winter months?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM
    • Dhow builders

Muscat Dec 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Is there anywhere where we can see a Dhow being built? Thanks Roy

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM
    • single traveler

Muscat Nov 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM

can single woman travel around a lone?

8 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Dhow cruise - Khasab

Khasab Nov 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Coming from Dubai for a two nights stay in Khasab. Would you advise to book a dhow cruise from Dubai or we can do it the day we arrive to Khasab? Any tour companies to recommend? Thank you!

1 Answer Nov 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM