Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• St Moritz train travel and accomodation

Switzerland 1 hours ago

We are a couple of Australians who will be in Salzburg for two days and have booked a rail ticket for the 28th Oct that is not refundable to Thun via Munich, Zurich and Bern for Euro138 for both of us (1st class).
      It has now been suggested to us that we travel from Salzburg to St Moritz via Landeck and overnight in St Moritz and the next day travel to Thun via Andermatt.
      We were wondering if the suggestion should be considered and we waste the existing ticket. I tried to look at fares from Salzburg on 28th October to St Moritz on the sbb website but it was saying it was too close to travel date to quote price?
      We have lots of time to stay in Thun so don't know if St Moritz is something worth seeing from Thun later during our stay.
      If the St Moritz overnight trip is best done on the way to Thun any suggestions of hotels in St Moritz that are close to station.
      Any suggestions or help with trips from Thun as day or overnight would be appreciated.

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

Train between Zurich and Berne

Switzerland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I am arriving on a flight at 8 pm on a tuesday in Zurich (next month). How long will it take me to me to get to
      Berne from the Airport should i decide to head for Berne that night? i have swiss rail travel pass.
      thank you for any help.

• Mt Titlis Maintenance

Lucerne Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM

May i know the maintenance period for 2016?

• MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

use Zurich or Bern as base city to explore?

Zürich Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Visiting switzerland for first time. Would really like to see Lucern, Interlaken area and Bern /Zurich?  will be in the country for 5 days before flying out of Zurich to  visit Sevilla. thanks