change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Aeropuerto International Cataratas del Iguazu

Iguassu Nov 6, 2016 at 5:23 AM

Hello,
      We are arriving on 16th November at Aeropuerto International Cataratas del Iguazu at 3 pm and need to go to Hotel Harbor Colonial, Rodovia das Cataratas Km 20 Foz do Iguaçu (Paraná), 85863-000, Brazil. Can you please, inform us what options do we have?

Thank you in advance.

more
    • schurlif's Profile Photo

cel phone chip upon arrival at airport

Brasil Nov 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM

Even though I myself live in Brazil for 30 years now I don´t know which steps a foreign tourist ( friend of mine from Vienna ) has to take to get a mobile phone chip, register it with the provider and buy credits.... Any quick fix answers asap ? Thx in advance

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Best time of year

Brazil Nov 17, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Is there a best time of the year to visit Iguazu Falls. We are flexible so can go anytime. Regards

more
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

The Hill up to Olinda

by ladysail Online Now Feb 14, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Hi....just wondering if anyone knows how steep the hill is that takes a person into Olinda. Is it too steep to walk up? Is there a bus, shuttle bus, that would take people up the hill from Recife?

Thank you,
      Joyce

1 Answer Feb 15, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    • jocelysue's Profile Photo

In Recife for a few hours only: What to choose Recife or Olinda ?

by jocelysue Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

On our cruise, our ship is docking in Recife from 8a.m. to 3 p.m. Hardly any time to see anything as we have heard that many sites are closed during lunch hour. What would you suggest that would help us get a "taste" of Recife or Olinda so that we can bring back interesting memories. We are interested in people and their customs mostly and are not attracted by beaches.

TIA for your input.

• Olinda info

by GIORGIOB2007 Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Hello,

I have collected that Recife is not safe place. But what about Olinda. Both are only away 5KM. Is it Olinda quite safer and are there many tourists there ? Is there a nice beach in Olinda where tourists prefer or various beaches ? How big is the place ? If I stay in the city center how far is the beach. could i walk the area on foot or is not that small place?

I have read one suggestion about accommodation to Pousada od Amparo. Anybody else has any other economic suggestions?

Thanks!

George

1 Answer Dec 4, 2007 at 3:46 AM
    • Place to stay

by kovatchev Online Now Jul 10, 2007 at 11:12 AM

Hello,

My fiancee and I are looking for a nice, but economical (up to 60 USD/night) place to stay in Olinda, in late August. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers,
      Alex

2 Answers Jul 12, 2007 at 6:05 PM
    • Olinda hostel/hotel Carnaval, also from there?

by AndrewKS Online Now Jan 4, 2005 at 1:17 PM

Does anyone have a recommendation of where my friend and I could stay in Olinda during Carnaval? Also, after Carnaval we have around 10 days before we fly from Manaus to Buenos Aires. I was thinking of heading to Belem, taking a Amazon cruise to Manaus and then seeing the jungle from there before moving on. Does anyone know about the the river cruise from Belem to Manaus? Should I bother with other places instead, like Fortaleza? Natal?

2 Answers Jan 7, 2005 at 11:23 AM
    • Emmi11's Profile Photo

Carnival in Olinda

by Emmi11 Online Now Oct 25, 2004 at 8:25 AM

I will be travelling in Brazil again next year but am not yet sure whether we will be in Olinda or Rio for Carnival. There doesn't seem to be any apartment/house rental in Olinda, and prices are even more expensive than Rio. Can anyone help or advise of options? Also, I am a little claustrophobic! I was OK in the sambadromo last year and OK at Banda da Ipanema, but some friends have said that I might find the crowds in Olinda a bit too much - can anyone offer any advice??? THANKS x

6 Answers Oct 27, 2004 at 6:43 PM
    • Art/Craft/Education in Olinda

by mcL Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 8:24 AM

Hi everyone, I am despirate to live and work in Olinda! I ideally would love to get involved in Arts/crafts education initially, or english language if all else fails! ,within schools or community groups. But I have no idea where to start looking for this kind of information being in the U.K. Any advice would be greatly welcomed as I have 7 months to plan, and will go anyway if nothing turns up!! Many Thanks mcL

1 Answer Jan 3, 2005 at 11:15 AM
    • happyman0712's Profile Photo

capoeira in olinda

by happyman0712 Online Now May 11, 2003 at 7:30 PM

is there a capoeira presence in olinda?

2 Answers Jan 9, 2004 at 11:42 PM