VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Okinawa City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Later dinner at Otaru during Snow Light Path Festival

Otaru Dec 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM

During the Otaru Light Festival We will only get into Otaru around 6pm since we will be skiing Mt Teine in the day. Upon arrival we would like to see the festival at both the canal and old railway track areas. I know light-up is until 9pm. Is there any dinner place which stay open late? So we can have something to eat after the visiting the light-up sites? Near the canal or the Otaru Station would be ideal...
      Don't want to waste time eating before seeing the light-up..

Tq, Mel

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Are Suica cards available for sale at Haneda Airport?

Tokyo Dec 31, 2016 at 4:24 PM

May i know whether Suica cards are available for sale at Haneda Airport? Which train operator sells these cards, Tokyo Monorail or Keikyu Line? I plan to fly non-stop to Haneda from Singapore on 20 September and from there travel to Odaiba or Shimbashi by train.

more
    • Taxi costs?

by lovelaye1 Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I'm new to Okinawa City (one week today) and meeting up with some friends at Kadena. Because of curfew, they can't take me back home. Any ballparks on how much a taxi cab would be from Kadena to Awase in Oki City? I'd drive and opt for Daico but I've been cautioned so much against that already...

4 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • Removing tattoos in Okinawa

by pigpigsandra Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 5:35 AM

My friend would be going to Okinawa for vacation this year and was wondering if there are any clinics or medical centre that are professional in removing tattoos

4 Answers Apr 4, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    • Hotels

by erickavdiaz Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM

What is a good cheap hotel near military base during june-july ?

1 Answer Apr 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    • info wanted

by dickyr Online Now Sep 9, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Where is Okinawa City? Is it the former koza or some other place. When I was stationed there, there was an area ouside the main gate of Kadena Air Force Base. Is this it? Please define by location.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2007 at 11:10 AM
    • What is it like now?

by Mudlogger Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 7:05 PM

My brother and I were stationed at Kadena in the early 70's. We are planing on returning for a vist in May 2006. We were kinda wanting to re explore the Island, rent a couple motorcycles if available and not nessarly stay at the same hotel everynight. From What I have read the night life is not what it use to be. How are things done now. The Island reverted back to Japan the week before I came back to the US. Any help would be welcomed.
      Thanks, Mudlogger

2 Answers Mar 20, 2006 at 8:04 PM
    • plusik's Profile Photo

Where to go in Okinawa city?

by plusik Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 7:15 AM

Hi!
      I'm new in Okinawa, living in Okinawa city.. I wonder where should I head for a beer in the evening, to talk to local girls etc... what is your tip?
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 30, 2005 at 5:18 AM
    • Help! Are there any motels/inns to stay at in Okinawa City?

by youngohana Online Now Apr 2, 2004 at 1:16 AM

Aloha! My family will be visiting Okinawa for the first time in 24 years and I know alot has changed since then. Could anyone give me some hotel/motel suggestions around Okinawa City that I could call to make reservations at? Also a phone number would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo!!!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2004 at 8:47 PM