change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Advice Needed on Itinerary: Tokyo > Nagoya > Osaka

Japan 17 hours ago

Hi Everyone!

I need help. We'll be travelling to Japan during winter in Jan 2017 with our 2 kids aged 10 and 6.
      We are flying into Narita and out of Kansai for a total 10 days with bases in Tokyo and Osaka for the most parts.

Need advice on our draft itinerary. I do not know if I’m planning it correctly. Not too sure if it’ll be too much with the kids and luggage (2 check-ins and 2 hand carry).

Here is the draft itinerary:-

D1 - Arrive Narita late afternoon > check-in hotel (not sure where to stay yet) > leisure in Tokyo city
      D2 - Chiba > Disneyland
      D3 - Tokyo City > Shibuya/Shinjuku, Harajuku, Tokyo Tower & Yokohama (by evening) > Ramen Museum > Art Rink at Red Brick Warehouse
      D4 - Tokyo > Hakone or Kawaguchiko > Tokyo
      D5 - Tokyo > Nagoya > Kuwana for Nabana no Sato (Winter Illumination) > stay one night
      D6 - Nagoya > Osaka > check-in hotel > walk around Kuromon market, Minami (Namba) - Dotonbori canal
      D7 - Osaka > USJ > Osaka Castle – night for Winter Illumination
      D8 - Kyoto > Arashiyama area, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kiyomizudera Temple, Kinkakuji, Otagi Nenbutsu Ji Temple, Gion
      D9 - Osaka > Hiroshima > Miyajima >Hiroshima > Osaka
      Miyajima : Itsukushima Shrine - floating Torii Gate
      Hiroshima : Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome), Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
      D10 - Osaka > walk around hotel area before heading to airport

Questions:-
      1.What would be the most economical way to travel around each city? Advisable to purchase any Passes i.e.7 or 14 Days Rail Passes?
      2.Does it make more sense to travel to Osaka from Kawaguchiko or Tokyo
      3.Which train line should i take from Osaka to Kyoto?

This will be our first time so any advice that you have would be appreciated
      Thank you

more
    • Stop to Mt Fuji on the way from Tokyo to Osaka

Hakone Aug 22, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Hi everyone,
      I am planning to spend most of my time in Japan (early September) in Tokyo and Osaka and then do day trips from the two cities.
      In the case of Mt. Fuji , I am only interested at seeing it and taking some photograph. Now considering that this might not happen due to the weather, I would not like to take a day only to find out that the nice Volcano is behind clouds.
      I would like then to try my luck only on my way from Tokyo to Osaka and stop somewhere where the Mountain could visible.
      What would be the best route I should take by train and where should I stop for a few hours ?
      Thanks ,
      Ross

more
    • 1 day to Hakone and Gotemba with Hakone Free Pass

Hakone Aug 21, 2016 at 5:16 AM

I will be going to Tokyo in Dec. Will be staying at Shinjuku. I am planning for a one day trip to Hakone with the Hakone free pass. I will also be going to the Gotemba outlets. Will that be possible?

more
    • Hakone Onsen & Accommodation

Hakone Aug 7, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Dear all,
      I will be visiting Japan in October for 14 days, and I would like to spend one night in Hakone (arriving early Tuesday, leaving Wednesday midday to Kioto)
      I read there is plenty to visit and see, however, my main goal is to experience a nice outdoor onsen where I can relax and enjoy beautiful views. Then I can run around and visit Gora and the Hakone Open Air Museum for example.
      Could you recommend a nice (affordable) outdoors onsen?
      Considering that I will arrive in Hakone Yumoto, should I look for accommodation in that area? If so, can you recommend?
      Is it easy to move around from this area?
      Sorry for all the questions, I have been seating behind the computers for few hours and am more confused than when started!
      Thank you very much in advance!
      Regards,
      Luna

more
    • Stop to Mt Fuji on the way from Tokyo to Osaka

Tokyo Aug 22, 2016 at 4:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning to spend most of my time in Japan (early September) in Tokyo and Osaka and then do day trips from the two cities.

In the case of Mt. Fuji , I am only interested at seeing it and taking some photograph. Now considering that this might not happen due to the weather, I would not like to take a day only to find out that the nice Volcano is behind clouds.

I would like then to try my luck only on my way from Tokyo to Osaka and stop somewhere where the Mountain could visible.

What would be the best route I should take by train and where should I stop for a few hours ?

Thanks ,

Ross

more
    • How´s the weather in October?

Okinawa Aug 21, 2016 at 4:43 AM

Hi,

I´m thinking about going to Okinawa, or more specifically Ishigaki, in early October. As far as I know Ishigaki is a part of the Okinawa prefektur!?
      Would you recommend going there this time of the year? How is the weather? Is it beach weather? Rainy and/or windy?

Br
      //Johan

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to walk to the Tokyo offices of Air Tahiti Nui and Aurora Airlines?

Tokyo Aug 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM

Does anyone know how to walk to the Tokyo offices of Air Tahiti Nui and Aurora Airlines? I only know the nearest train stations are Ginza and Shimbashi.

Air Tahiti Nui is located at Shin-Yurakucho Building, 1-12-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku.

Aurora Airlines Representative is located at Sanei Building, Shimbashi 5-23-7, Minato-ku.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to travel by train to MIAT Mongolian Airlines' Tokyo Office?

Tokyo Aug 20, 2016 at 10:18 PM

May I know if travel from Nihombashi to MIAT Mongolian Airlines' Tokyo Office, at which Subway station should I alight? MIAT Mongolian Airlines Tokyo Office is at Tachibana Building, 2-19-4 Nishinippori, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo 116-0013.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can taxi-drivers in Tokyo speak simple English to foreign tourists? Travel in Tokyo taxi

Tokyo Yesterday

Hi, i want to know whether taxi-drivers in Tokyo can speak simple English to foreign tourists. For example, if i say "i want to go back to Shimbashi Station" from Sanei Building in Shimbashi, will the Japanese taxi-driver understand the request?

Or must i write down the name of the destination according to online Japanese transliteration before i leave for Tokyo?

In Shimbashi, will the taxi stop to pick me up if i hail to a vacant taxi?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

SKY ACCESS Line from Narita Airport

Tokyo Aug 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Hi, may i know whether SKY ACCESS Line travels directly to Oshiage Station? How much does it cost for the ride to Oshiage on way from Narita Airport?

Or is there is direct express train to Tokyo Station from Narita Airport?

more
    • Kanazawa Day Trip

Kanazawa Aug 10, 2016 at 9:28 PM

We are traveling to Japan for 1 month holiday at end September and spending in part, 3 nights in Kanazawa. I was looking at a day trip to Takayama /Gokayama & Shirakawa-go area. What is the best way to see this area. I have only found 1 day tour leaving from Kanazawa to this location for about 9800 yen (whitering). Is there any other tour company to this area OR is it best to travel independently by train for the day

more
    • Capitanissa's Profile Photo

Help us find quality, traditional inexpensive lodging in "old Tokyo"

Tokyo Aug 2, 2016 at 1:15 AM

I would rather spend a small amount on lodging, and something traditional in Tokyo, but my husband and I would like a private room, hopefully with WC/shower. We would also prefer to be in a traditional area of Tokyo, can anyone point us in the right direction? We are planning way ahead, plenty of time to do research. Many Thanks!

more
    • 24HRS LAYOVER IN TOKYO

Tokyo Jul 26, 2016 at 4:11 PM

I'll be doing a layover in Tokyo from 8pm until 5pm next day.
      which areas would you recommend to stay and what to do during this short time?

Thanks

Enrique

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Weather in Tokyo in September

Tokyo Aug 21, 2016 at 6:17 AM

Is September in Tokyo summer or autumn? I am coming to Tokyo on 22 September. If it rains, will the rain be showers or heavy rain?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can taxi-drivers in Tokyo speak simple English to foreign tourists? Travel in Tokyo taxi

Tokyo Yesterday

Hi, i want to know whether taxi-drivers in Tokyo can speak simple English to foreign tourists. For example, if i say "i want to go back to Shimbashi Station" from Sanei Building in Shimbashi, will the Japanese taxi-driver understand the request?

Or must i write down the name of the destination according to online Japanese transliteration before i leave for Tokyo?

In Shimbashi, will the taxi stop to pick me up if i hail to a vacant taxi?

more
    • Budget Traveling to Japan ?

Japan Aug 19, 2016 at 10:41 PM

It's my first time traveling alone. I think my budget is way too low. And it's unrealistic. Just want to get ideas.
      Sorry if it's a mess. I never traveled alone and I lack so much knowledge. Even the basics.
      I can speak English and Japanese pretty well so I don't think I'd have any communication problem.
      Might not understand some words quite often though.

770.9 U.S Dollar / 77239.865 Japanese Yen

is the amount I'm gonna spend. I searched on google for exchange rate.
      Exchange rate could be different by dates and locations of bank etc though.

I'm thinking of booking up by peach airlines for cheapest ticket.
      But seems like the price for the ticket goes 2 to 4 times higher than it is by date.
      For example . 4th will be only 66.33 u.s dollars. while 6th will be 198.22 u.s dollars.

I was thinking of if I could go to Japan, Tokyo at August 28th and come back at September 2nd.

August 28th , I'd stay at tokyo just roaming. Go to karaoke and net cafe to experience, and check the city.
      August 29th , I want to go to the Japan's best beach. Was thinking if I could sleep at a little better place
      this day since it's my birthday and it's my main purpose of visiting besides that I can also get to visit Japan.

August 30th, I want to go to the best water park. Water slides , aritificial water waves, and stuff like great wolf lodge.

August 31st. Would just go to Tokyo Akihabara for sight seeing for anime stuff, eating dessert at shops. I know they
      have nice desserts.

September 1st Check out Shinjuku or other nice places. I don't think I can but visiting osaka while I visit Japan would be good too.

September 2nd. Pack up and go back home.

I'd prefer to ride the plane at night and arrive at night since I don't wake up early and don't like that feeling when
      I get on the plane at morning and arrive at another country and feel like, "wait I'm already here and it doesn't have
      that traveling feeling." It's only 30 minutes or 1 hour to Japan from my country.

I love getting on a big cruise ship (not those luxury expensive ones with shops,pools,movie theater,like freedom of the seas but huge ship with less luxury. like 1 room for 8 people to sleep on floor.
      I did some research and those were actually more expensive and complicated.

The hotels though..
      I searched and found out that hotels insanely expensive. I thought 100$ is probably enough for most hotel
      that are huge but I found hotels that cost 600$ per night, that sounds like dubai's best hotel.
      I know it looks cool but 600 $ for just one night stay there ? I'd rather spend on actually having fun.

Then I found some places at 100$ that looks not worthy enough for it's cost.
      50$ hotels looked like the best. It was not too bad. There was a bedroom (some are really small to even walk around.), bathroom (that looked like a normal house bathroom). The view outside was terrible when I searched
      on youtube. Smile hotel okinawa I think. I'm not even sure if that place was near the beach of okinawa.

I think it all differs by the place. Even cheap hostels are so much luxury than these cheap hotels.
      Maybe okinawa area is all expensive than Tokyo with a worse facility.
      I remember sleeping in Tokyo hostel with 2 beds that have another bed on top so 4 single beds. (Sorry I don't know what these are called.) and the place was so beautiful. The view and the window was like the hotel.

I'm thinking of sleeping at the cheapest since my budget is too low.
      Net cafe (probably the cheapest, some call it manga cafe instead of internet cafe but I think Japanese call it neto cafe) Can I go out whenever I want to after buying the 7 hour sleep room ?
      16$ a night ?

Capsule hotels clean and nice. The only difference from cheap hotels would be you are sleeping in a small capsule.
      I wonder if I can get outside after checking in if I need to or want to go out when I want to when feeling like it.
      Could feel like I want some fresh air. 20$ a night ?

Hostels , there are good ones like the one I've visited before but some are bad.
      Ryokan they say Tokyo don't have good Ryokan so probably I'll pass.

Love hotel, could be just a beautiful luxury place to stay with cheap price is what I think. 50$?

Then there is tax that I don't how to count.
      Mobile renting ? Those are cheaper than making my own phone work by changing chips ?
      It's not like I really need to use a phone though.
      Visa and master card will be enough to buy everything ? I never use cash in my life.
      Only need passport since I don't need visa ?

more
    • First place to visit when you arrived in the afternoon

Kyoto Aug 22, 2016 at 8:35 AM

We (me,wife and a toddler) are travelling to kyoto with a very limited time (3 Days 2 Nights). I want to know which part of kyoto is the best place to start our itinerary. We will arrive in the afternoon and I want to maximize that day. Is Kinkakuji + Arashiyama itinerary possible for a afternoon trip (half-day)?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Questions concerning Tokyo FIT travel and Tokyo Big Sight

Tokyo Aug 16, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Are there English direction signs to Tokyo Big Sight? How to get to Tokyo Big Sight from the Tokyo airports at 10.30 pm? I speak English and Mandarin only.

more

Near Oita