VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Offenbach an der Queich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Inn 'At the Grapes' in Offenbach an der Queich

by kleinp Online Now May 19, 2004 at 8:44 PM

A fall trip to Germany hopes to find an inn in Offenbach that is referenced in my family geneology. Only referred to as the inn "At the Grapes" or the guesthouse "To The Grapes", it is noted as still in the family possession June 5, 1942 when it celebrated it's 200 year anniversary. My family line of Johann Conrad von Gerichten (born in Zeiskam 1720 and died in Offenbach 1778) married Anna Maria Kolb on June 5,1743. The Inn was originally in the Kolb family until this marriage. If anyone has information that might help me locate this establishment, I would like to visit it when I come in Sept '04. Also would be interested if there are local cemetaries for Zeiskam and Offenbach that date back to the 1700's. Given the family origin in Zeiskam, I realize that this is the Offenbach that I need to research. Other family members in Germersheim and Molheim.

5 Answers May 21, 2004 at 6:27 PM