Obcina Skocjan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it fit for the disabled?

Obcina Skocjan Aug 22, 2015 at 3:14 AM

How difficult is the trail? Many steps? Is it possible to walk only part of the way?

4 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Skocjan - Trieste

Obcina Skocjan May 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Hello,

I was planning to visit skocjan caves from Ljubljana by train and then continue by train from Divaca to Sezanna followed by a bus to Trieste. In this regard I had several queries.

1. Is there a facility to keep our luggage safely at Divaca station while we go to explore the caves?
      2. How difficult is it to get a train from Divaca for Sezenna?
      3. How frequent are buses from Sezenna to Trieste?
      4. Approximate idea of cost for each ticket. that is Ljubljana - Divaca, Divaca - Sezenna and Sezenna - Trieste?

Any other suggestions are appreciated. My travel time would be in somewhere September.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

15 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • MissGigi's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Divaca

Obcina Skocjan Jul 8, 2005 at 4:38 AM

Hey there,
      I am after the same info as Caro7/Caroline was (how┬┤d you go?). I am also looking for a double room in Divaca (to se the Skocjan caves) - next week! - and am not sure how to go about it.

The forum was helpful in providing links (the butcher, Gostilne Risnik and Malovec), but could you please tell me how i would go about reserving a room? I cannot speak Slovenian, and so am a little wary of the miscommunication in telephoning... But i will do it if it is the only way.
      Also, is this a situation where i would reserve/book in adavance, or just show up?

AND FINALLY, if there is no vacancy with these guys, are we stuck??

Thanks in advance for your help. I am full of questions this week!!

1 Answer Jul 11, 2005 at 1:44 AM
    • caro7's Profile Photo

Any reasonably priced pensions in the area?

Obcina Skocjan Mar 22, 2004 at 10:45 PM

Me again! Just wondering whether there's any 'sobe'/ private rooms available near the caves or in Divaca for a decent price. LP lists two established pensions/hotels which sound overpriced and generally avoidable, but I was wondering if the area had opened up a little more since it was written? If anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated (we'll be travelling on foot, btw) - thanks!

• caro7's Profile Photo

When are the caves open?

Obcina Skocjan Feb 24, 2004 at 1:42 PM

It's hard to find this out as the site is in Slovenian, but we're planning to go on Easter Monday. I see the trains are running, but will it be open?? Thankyou!

2 Answers Mar 3, 2004 at 4:49 AM