VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Obcina Skocjan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it fit for the disabled?

Obcina Skocjan Aug 22, 2015 at 3:14 AM

How difficult is the trail? Many steps? Is it possible to walk only part of the way?

4 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Skocjan - Trieste

Obcina Skocjan May 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Hello,

I was planning to visit skocjan caves from Ljubljana by train and then continue by train from Divaca to Sezanna followed by a bus to Trieste. In this regard I had several queries.

1. Is there a facility to keep our luggage safely at Divaca station while we go to explore the caves?
      2. How difficult is it to get a train from Divaca for Sezenna?
      3. How frequent are buses from Sezenna to Trieste?
      4. Approximate idea of cost for each ticket. that is Ljubljana - Divaca, Divaca - Sezenna and Sezenna - Trieste?

Any other suggestions are appreciated. My travel time would be in somewhere September.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

15 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • MissGigi's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Divaca

Obcina Skocjan Jul 8, 2005 at 4:38 AM

Hey there,
      I am after the same info as Caro7/Caroline was (how´d you go?). I am also looking for a double room in Divaca (to se the Skocjan caves) - next week! - and am not sure how to go about it.

The forum was helpful in providing links (the butcher, Gostilne Risnik and Malovec), but could you please tell me how i would go about reserving a room? I cannot speak Slovenian, and so am a little wary of the miscommunication in telephoning... But i will do it if it is the only way.
      Also, is this a situation where i would reserve/book in adavance, or just show up?

AND FINALLY, if there is no vacancy with these guys, are we stuck??

Thanks in advance for your help. I am full of questions this week!!

1 Answer Jul 11, 2005 at 1:44 AM
    • caro7's Profile Photo

Any reasonably priced pensions in the area?

Obcina Skocjan Mar 22, 2004 at 10:45 PM

Me again! Just wondering whether there's any 'sobe'/ private rooms available near the caves or in Divaca for a decent price. LP lists two established pensions/hotels which sound overpriced and generally avoidable, but I was wondering if the area had opened up a little more since it was written? If anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated (we'll be travelling on foot, btw) - thanks!

• caro7's Profile Photo

When are the caves open?

Obcina Skocjan Feb 24, 2004 at 1:42 PM

It's hard to find this out as the site is in Slovenian, but we're planning to go on Easter Monday. I see the trains are running, but will it be open?? Thankyou!

2 Answers Mar 3, 2004 at 4:49 AM