3 years ago my husband and I did the west rim grand canyon tour I brought some coffee mugs I would love to buy some more I have enquired before but didn't get a very favourable response the coffee cups I brought had the Haulapai tribe insignia on them
Is it possible to buy some more and have them shipped to Australia
thank you karen
Our family (myself, wife, 2 kids ages 16 and 13) are planning a Rim2Rim starting at North Rim on Aug 25 over 4 days. Given the very high heat, we plan to hike ~7-8 miles in early morn, then get to our destination, set up camp, rest, and do some short walks around the area. We are all fit and active, and the kids are used to long mountain hikes, although in fairness, not in this sort of heat. We are in no rush and want to enjoy this at a relatively leisurely pace.
Our Itinerary is as follows:
- Aug 25: hike from North Rim to Cottonwoods Campground. Then visit Ribbon Falls
- Aug 26: Cottonwoods to Bright Angel CG. Lunch at Phantom Ranch. Short walk on Clear Creek Trail to Tonto Platform. Ranger program at Bright Angel CG.
- Aug 27: Bright Angel CG to Indian Garden CG. Walk to Plateau Point for sunset
- Aug 28: Indian Garden CG up to South Rim
A few questions:
1. We are planning to start by ~5am each morn and reach our destination by 10am. Is this early enough, or should we be looking to start even earlier? The two days where I am thinking earlier might be necessary are Day 2 (when we will across the Canyon through the Box) and Day 4 (when we are hiking up Bright Angel Trail).
2. We are taking 2 tents - I know many folks do not, but given we are camping at the North Rim the night before we start, we don't really have a choice. We have purchased 2 fairly light tents (around 4-5lb each). And a bunch of other hiking accessories like Camelbak Water bladders, pocket stove, collapsible vessels, etc. Aim is to keep each backpack to 20lb max. Does that sound reasonable?
3. Aside from the side trips above (Ribbon Falls, Clear Creek Trail, Plateau Point) and dipping in the Creek, are there any other things we can look to do while in the Canyon? e.g. other small hikes, activities, etc.
4. We are not staying at the Phantom Ranch, but I am assuming we can buy lunch at the cafeteria - is that correct? Do we need a reservation?
5. I expect to take a lot of video in this "trip of a lifetime". I have a couple of spare batteries for my camcorder, but do you think we could recharge at the Phantom Ranch? We are not staying there, but (say) do you think the Front desk could help us if we left our camcorder and charger with them while we have lunch there (subject to 4 above)?
6. We've read a fair bit about the need to enrich our water supply (in bladders) with electrolyte powders. Any suggestions on whether we shd be doing that? if so recommendations? we also saw some electrolyte capsules out tehre to be taken with food but are confused how to take those safely so as to avoid depletion.
Am doing a road trip from Las Vegas to Chicago and want to visit Santa Fe. Before that though, I am very keen to detour down to Tombstone for some authentic Wild West history. It's a 7 hour drive from Vegas and I was planning on staying 2 nights-the first to recover from the drive, then the next day, seeing what Tombstone has to offer. Would I be wasting my time? Should I just go on to Santa Fe? All opinions welcome!
We are planning a trip to Phoenix, Az. While there, we want to make a couple of day trips to Apache Junction and the Sonoran Desert. Which area of Phoenix would be the most convenient to stay, as far as easier access to these venues. We will only be there about 3 days before heading to another part of the state to see other points of interest. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I am staying for two nights in Williams, Arizona, in order to visit the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I would also like to hire a flight over the Canyon, but I need it to start from the South Rim, or a nearby location (i.e. Williams or Tusayan).
Can you recommend any companies that provide this service?
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|