VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Oakland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• heidstar's Profile Photo

Can I do Catalina and Balboa island in one day

Newport Beach Feb 2, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Staying at the holiday inn express Newport for 3 nights...no car...
      Already booked and paid after I realised not walking distance to beach at all...
      Can uber to Laguna one day and I thought these 2 islands would be a great idea...

more
    • Weather November

California Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 AM

I know I asked yesterday about Florida but we are also looking at Palm/Desert Springs California - what is the weather liable to be like in November

Will the roads be snow free to Las Vegas and what is the weather liable to be like in Vegas in November.

Plan to possibly fly to Los Angeles - use Desert/Palm Springs and tour from there and possibly take a few days out to visit Vegas - could even fly into Vegas if the flights were cheaper

Many thanks for so many questions

more
    • Internatiola flight to lax and then national flight

Los Angeles Jan 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM

We are arriving at 26.September at LAX

Our flight - LX40 Swiss - will arrive at 4:30PM, we checked online that is usually on time.

We want to fly the same day from LAX to Las vegas. How much stopover time should we calculate?

Possible flights:
      7:05 PM - Delta
      9:05 PM - United
      10:40 PM - United

We currently looking at the 7:05 PM, but we don't know, is 2.5 hrs enough for transfer - to less or to much?

more
    • Yosemite Valley

Yosemite National Park Feb 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning of going to Yosemite valley in about a week (17-18 feb 2017). Will we be able to drive there from the west (Mariposa) without any snow chains on the car? Is the road even open?
      Thanks in advance for answer!

more
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Park/Stay/Fly option in Oakland

by DJStarr Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I've an early morning flight out of OAK and need to leave my car for 7-9 days. Is there a "NOT too pricey, but not too trashy" hotel option that has a shuttle to the airport and will let me leave my car there for a nominal fee? Ideas?

6 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • safest late arrival hotel near oakland airport

by ljmk Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

What is the safest near oakland airport hotel with an airport shuttle?

5 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    • place to have a god time

by jkatis Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Coming into Oakland to catch a Raiders game , where is a good place to stay and pub crawl
      and easy to get to the game? Safe area too

7 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • getting from oakland airport to Holiday Inn Golden Gateway

by ksgates Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM

how best to get to hotel with12 yr old boy & 14 yr old girl going with very fit mom & grandmother (we both exercise 1 1/2 hrs/day, including walking 3-4 miles/day). Much thanks for any info ! Karla

2 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Nobody posts in this forum! Well, here are a few questions :)

by greencargirl Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Hi! I wonder if anyone will even see this, but we have a few questions about visiting Oakland.

What's the best way to get from Lake Merritt to the Rockridge restaurant area? I'll be travelling with a couple of kids (a tween and a teen), and we're staying at a b&b type place right near the park on the Lake. Any public transportation tips will be great, such as how to get to Piedmont dining area, Berkely dining area (thinking of splurging there on Chez Pannisse, but not sure yet), UCB, Palo Alto, etc.

Thanks everyone (anyone?)!

Susan

3 Answers Feb 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    • GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo

What's a good weekend evening activity in Oakland?

by GenuinelyCurious Online Now May 28, 2008 at 1:47 AM

Given all the little bars and entertainment that has popped up in the last couple of years, I'm wondering what people's favorites are...

3 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    • Info on Arroyo Viejo Park

by jh516 Online Now Sep 9, 2006 at 5:43 AM

I plan to attend a concert on 9/10 @ Arroyo Viejo Park. Is it relatively safe in that area of town? I'm coming in from out of town & will travel via public transpo from the airport. Any suggestions on what bus route from the Coliseum Station is best to get me closest to the park?

Thanks for any info.

1 Answer Sep 12, 2006 at 4:45 PM
    • Walking Lake Merritt

by jonclayson Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 11:21 AM

What is the walking distanced around Lake Merritt

1 Answer Sep 5, 2006 at 11:31 AM
    • Getting to San Francisco after late arrival

by jhupiter Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 8:18 AM

Arriving in OAK late. Ground transportation options limited after midnight. Any brilliant suggestions?

2 Answers Dec 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    • gooner66's Profile Photo

raiders tickets

by gooner66 Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 3:37 AM

i am travelling to california in august with my family and we would like to go to a pre season football game vs detroit. can anyone tell me how to get tickets for a pre season game

1 Answer Jun 3, 2006 at 5:45 AM
    • Fogg_Wannabe's Profile Photo

Shipping

by Fogg_Wannabe Online Now Oct 25, 2002 at 8:22 PM

I would like to know if any members in Oakland could alerrt me to the arrival of the first ship from Tokyo, Japan?. The only proviso is that the ship must have left after October 28th 2002

1 Answer May 29, 2007 at 7:31 PM