Nusaybin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trains, Hotels and Security in Nusaybin

by P51 Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 11:16 AM

A colleague and I - both railway enthusiasts from the UK - are looking to travel from Gaziantep to Nusaybin and back in early April on the "karma" mixed passenger / freight train which I understand operates three times per week. We will need to stay overnight in Nusaybin and despite extensive searching on the web, I have been unable to locate details of any hotels there except the Neziharan hotel which I understand is around 25km from the town. As the return train from Nusaybin departs at 06:30 we really need to stay in town.

So my questions are:

1) is there anyone on this forum who has experience of travelling on the Nusaybin to Gaziantep train, who would be prepared to share their experience?

2) does anyone have names and if possible contact details of any hotels in Nusaybin town? I have seen postings suggesting that there are (un-named) hotels, some suggesting that they are OK, others that they are fairly bad.

3) whilst we are aware that there is a heavy military presence in the area, and a history of some unrest, our research suggests that Nusaybin ought to be reasonably safe to travel to for one night - accepting that one can run into trouble at the wrong time in lots of places. But of course we may have got that wrong. Could anyone with up to date knowledge of this particular area offer advice as to whether we would be wise to visit or otherwise?

Any help will be gratefully received

Best regards

John Cowburn

6 Answers Aug 17, 2008 at 4:17 AM
    • reezal's Profile Photo

From Nusaybin............Iran

by reezal Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 9:00 AM

Dear VTs,

Does anyone knows what will be a better and safer route to travel to Iran from Nusaybin:

Nusaybin-Van-Dogubeyazit-Iran or Nusaybin-hakkari-Yusekova-Iran

I should arrive Nusaybin by 2pm. Do u think I can proceed directly from Nusaybin to Van or Hakkari. Overnight and move to iran the next day.

Appreciate yr reply

THX

4 Answers Feb 6, 2008 at 9:55 AM