Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Birthday Sushi

Vancouver Sep 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I am looking for a good sushi place for my birthday dinner. Not too expensive, but definitely fresh and quality! And a good beer/wine selection, or cocktails.

• Cheap long term car rental

Toronto Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hi, i am an australian traveler here for 6 months. I have a international drivers permit and am looking to hire a car for the 4 months that i am here (buying a car is not an option). I am 21 years old with a full australian drivers license. Anyone have any idea what the cheapest company would be? The major ones like avis, enterprise and budget are way too expensive because of my age and many others simply dont have deals for 21 year olds.

Thankyou for your time!

• Europe and Eurasia

Canada Oct 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Hello, I have already booked tickets to Europe and Moscow for this winter. We will be flying from Vancouver, Canada to London and from there traveling around Europe and Eurasia. Our trip is from the 16th of December till the 3rd of January. Myself (an 18y/o French/English Canadian female) and my boyfriend (a 21y/o Japanese male) will be starting our trip in England. We will be in England from the 16th of December to the 18th when we will fly to Vienna and stay there till the 20th. We will take the train from Vienna to Budapest where we will meet up with my boyfriends family and stay with them till the 23rd. We are then going with his mother and sister to Rome where we will stay until 27th. We will then go to his Russia where his mother and sister reside. We will stay in Moscow until the 31st when my boyfriend and I will take an early flight to London where we will stay until the 3rd. The schedule is really tight so we were trying to narrow down what we should see. What are a few places that could be considered "must see" places? Are there any specific places that you would recommend for that time? We have a fairly broad range for interests so we normally enjoy most things. We enjoy different cultures, arts, museums, movies, sightseeing spots, historical spots, food, outdoor activities etc.

• Kellys95's Profile Photo

Settle in Edmonton

Edmonton Oct 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Hi, I'm from Myanmar. Me and my friend plan to move to Edmonton to work. I would like to get some advice about monthly income & costs. Is it ok to work part-time the whole day. The income from part-time is enough to cover up all the expenses. Is the part-time jobs are easy to get for an asian. I'll be waiting for the help. Sorry for my english.

Popular Nunavut Travel Answer Locations

• Public Wifi

Baffin Island Apr 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM

My sister has just moved to Baffin Island for a 3 month position. She tried to get Wifi, but that was a year commitment. Is there public Wifi on this Island at any of the restaurants or library? She is extremely lonely, can you offer any suggestions of places to go for a single person. She is also walking to where ever she needs to go. She is close to the local hospital.

8 Answers Apr 23, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • Sailing in Baffin bay

Baffin Island Jan 24, 2015 at 9:19 AM

I'm looking to talk with somebody about experience in private boat sailing in Baffin bay and/or in Baffin island-Greenland sea cross. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 7:39 AM
    • Summer trip

Akpatok Island Nov 10, 2014 at 7:51 AM

What is the nearest airport and journey time from Quebec

3 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Liz and Matt

Baffin Island May 27, 2014 at 5:44 AM

does anyone know Liz and Matt from Baffin Island? They live near the ferry, on which Liz works. Met the in El Salvador on vacation but lost their info. If you can help, contact

Iqaluit Oct 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM

What is there to do close to Iqaluit airport if i have a 5 hour wait at the airport and want to check something out in the area while im there and money wasnt an issue to get to and fro!

3 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    • Wi-fi

Iqaluit Jul 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Are there places in iqaluit with Free wi-fi access??

• Sea Kayaking

Baffin Island Feb 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I am looking for any advice or information on sea kayaking the east coast of Baffin. I am putting together a "dream expedition" as a class assignment, with the hope of one day following through with the plan.

What I would like to know is the coastal distance between Iqaluit and Pangnirtung, and also between Clyde Bay and Pond Inlet. If anyone has sea kayaked either of these areas I'd appreciate your knowledge.

The expedition dream is to self propel from southern Baffin to Pond Inlet, through xcountry skiing, sea kayaking and/or trekking.

Any advice is welcome! Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • Snow goggles

Arviat Mar 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Does the Co op at Arviat carry bone or ivory carved inuit snow goggles?

• albertolai's Profile Photo

Any suggestion?

Rankin Inlet Nov 30, 2008 at 10:36 AM

I will have to go to Rankin Inlet sometime next year.
      Could anyone suggest how to get a reasonably priced plane ticket?
      Could anyone recommend a good hotel?

Thank you

1 Answer Dec 1, 2008 at 8:26 AM
    • fur hats

Iqaluit Feb 27, 2007 at 2:54 PM

I am visiting Iqaluit for a few days and I would like to purchase a man's fur hat. I do not want to pay a kings ransom. Are there any deals to be had by a local furrier or trapper rather than going retail? Hope you can help.

3 Answers Feb 28, 2007 at 9:21 AM
    • What restaurants and shopping is there in nunavut? need for school.

Nunavut Oct 12, 2006 at 1:22 PM

What restaurants and shopping is there in nunavut? need for school.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2006 at 3:28 PM
    • Mount Thor

Pangnirtung Jul 12, 2006 at 9:15 PM

My son along with 8 others are going to try to break the world's record by reppelling down the front side of Mount Thor. I have no way to get in touch with them. My question is if anyone is traveling to tour Mount Thor anytime soon and if there is any way that if they know of anything about the team that they could let us know. Are there any places around there to stay if I were to come there? I do not know anything about that area. I am very worried about them. Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

6 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    • The Great North

Nunavut Dec 11, 2005 at 9:29 PM

Can anyone tell me what this beautiful provice is like? I've always had a desire to travel north... just north as far as I could go. I'd like to learn the history of the area and the best way to plan to travel through it.

4 Answers Dec 12, 2005 at 2:15 PM
    • Accommodation?

Nias Island Oct 20, 2004 at 2:11 PM

Looking for cheap accommodation near Nias Island. Anyone can help me?

• mmamuTIK's Profile Photo

Baffin Island

Baffin Island Nov 17, 2003 at 2:21 AM

Hi, I am thinking of a trip to Baffin Island next summer. I'd like to go on my own/ without an organized group. Is here anybody who has been there and would like to share some info? Thank you very munch in advance..

2 Answers Jul 29, 2004 at 12:36 PM