change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting from the airport to Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jul 10, 2016 at 5:56 AM

Dear VT friends in Ljubljana

I am coming to Slovenia for the first time at the end of the month. I'm staying a few days then flying out for a day then coming back. So I will have four trips to the airport and as my hotel (the Radisson Blu Plaza on Bratislavska Cesta) is offering me a transfer at €25 I wanted to see if there was a cheaper option by bus and tram.

My second question is about how the Ljubljana bus/Tram system works and if you pay the driver or by a bus card in advance.

All help very gratefully received!

more
    • Travel from Slovenia to Hungary

Slovenia Jul 2, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Hi,

In August we (a late 20s couple) are traveling from Ljubljana to Bled then back to Ljubljana and then on to Budapest. Is taking a train the best option for our travels? If so, do you have any recommendations on which train company or the best times to travel?

Many thanks for your assistance :)
      Rachel

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Where is entrance to kayak On Soca?

Slovenia Jul 23, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hi all.

We would want to have some information on Soca river. First, we have two small children none swim, 6 and 7 years old, neither I. We would like to take advantage of this beauty though the river looks calm, is there a place we come to enter and rent, swim, easy picturesque hikes besides Vintgar gorge, other activities for kids? Is it cool near/ in lake at this time of year? Thank you!

more

Hotels at reasonable prices?

Slovenia Jul 23, 2016 at 10:32 AM

I was very excited and encouraged to go to Slovenia this year after a few discussions with some European friends who claimed prices even in August are cheaper than elsewhere, even last minute. I thought it was logical as Italy can be pricey, but when I started looking Slovenia seemed just as pricey with less options . I checked Airbnb and as usual either they are sold out or limit visitors to 2 people per room. I checked booking site , hoteles.es Expedia, trivago you name it. Is there something I am missing? It would be from July 29 to first week of August at different places. I even tried the thermals as I find them interesting but when you click to book they have a limit that you need to stay minimum 3 nights or 5, we don't have that time as we want to visit elsewhere. We have 2 minimum. The places we are interested is Bled, Capital city, Vintgar gorge, soca river, caves. We will skip the east side this time.

WE do have a CAR and we don't mind travelling up to 30 minutes if it gives us a better room.

Thank you.

more

Quick inexpensive way from Venice airport to Koper??

Slovenia Jul 24, 2016 at 8:58 AM

I only saw trains right now, when I did look at itinerary it wasn't clear on the switch in Trieste and it's only a 15 min before boarding the next. It notes about ground transport, is the station not the same? No direct buses to Koper? Do kids pay on public buses and trains? Thanks!

more
    • Searching for cheap place to stay in Novo Mesto

by smileee1969 Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 7:16 AM

I am travelling to Novo Mesto then onto Italy and hopefully Greece. I am seeking the cheapest way to travel and still see all of the beautiful country. I need to know if there are any cheap bed and breakfasts along the way that you recommend, place to eat and any advice on how to travel, if by car or train. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first trip anywhere in the world. Thanks in advance. Smilee.

• Durango43's Profile Photo

Family in Trebnje

by Durango43 Online Now Mar 16, 2005 at 11:01 AM

Can someone tell me where to look for family VERCE in Trebnje - Mokronog area?

1 Answer Mar 16, 2005 at 12:35 PM