change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day Trip to Jostedalsbreen Glacier

Sogn og Fjordane 1 hours ago

I am keen to go to Jostedalsbreen Glacier, or another glacier if there is a better option in the same region of Norway.

On Jostedalsbreen Glacier it seems there are a few choices of places to go to, such as Briksdalsbreen and Nigardsbreen, and there are also different options such as just look or do a guided walk.

I found a bus which goes from Stryn, Loen and Olden to the Briksdalsbreen Glacier, so I can do a day trip this way.

visitnorway.com/listings/gla...

This means I can get to the bottom of a glacier, and I have 2 1/2 hours to walk around, and it is a very reasonable price.

But what are my other options?

Are there any other accessible glaciers in the region which I should consider?
      How much would a guided walk cost, where would I have to go to do the walk, and who offers these walks?

I won't have a car, so I am limited by where buses or tours go to.

Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more

Tour from Alesund to Runde Island

Ålesund Nov 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Does anyone know of a coach or bus tour from Alesund to Runde Island during May? I mean by coach or bus, not by boat. I am keen to see the bird life on the island and prefer an organised tour rather than hiring a car.

Also, is May a good time to go to Runde Island, considering the season for breeding, hatching, etc? I have read that some trails are closed at certain times of the year. I am flexible with my dates for travel.

more
    • should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø 22 hours ago

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

more
    • A trip from Trondheim

Norway Nov 4, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I'm visiting my friend who lives in Trondheim next week! she has a car, and she suggested a few ideas -

1. Atlanterhavsroad including Ålesund

2. Helgelandscoast including Namsskogan Arctic wild zoo + Torghatten

3. Lillehammer/Oslo including Hunderfossen familypark and Olympic centre

4. Boattrip to Kristiansund

5. Røros

Personally I love the nature and beautiful views, I've been to Oslo before so I think suggestions number 1, 2 and 4 are the best... she suggests we spend one night in Alesund so we can have time there. She also has a cabin in Helgeland coast but she says we probably have to choose which place to stay... we have only 6.5 days... she also has a cabin at Nerskogen and she thinks we can stay there for a night and maybe could catch the northern light....

This is her itinerary -

Thursday 10.11 - We'll come around 16:00 so we'll spend the day in Trondheim

11.11 - 9.00 Breakfast at Møllenberg bakery

11.00 Check the city; Olav statue, Stiftsgården + Munkholmen

12.00 Nidarosdomen

13.00 Coffee/lunch at Bakklandet – The street with old houses

14.00 Festningen

15.00 Ladestien walk + Sponhouse

17.00 Dinner

20.00 City evening

12.11 - 08.30 Breakfast

10.00 Theisendammen

11.00 Shopping and hopefully farmers market

12.00 What do you wish to do this day? --- I suggest that we take this day for a day trip

13.11 - 9.00 Breakfast

10.30 Orkanger – check Bårdshaug Herregård

13.00 Mountain trip – Chasing Aurora Borealis

14.11 - 9.00 Breakfast

10.00 Dombås/ Hjerkinn (Close to Snøhetta) + checking for musk and small exploration of Norwegian nature

15.11 and 16.11 - road trip to one of the places I wrote before, on the 16.11 we have to come in the evening to Trondheim again beause our flight is at 17.11 in the morning....

What do you think, where is a must place to go? thanks for helping!!

more
    • Oslo-Tromso-Oslo

Oslo Nov 3, 2016 at 12:36 AM

I am planning with my friends (20 members) to visit Norway (oslo and Tromso) in Mar.from 3 to 5 Mar will be in oslo then 5 to 9Mar in Tramso ,back to Oslo 9 to 11Mar.
      I am really confused to choose activities over there. I have plans Like Aroura ,Husky sledging ,Renting motor Bikes in oslo. Can anybody help me out on choosing some adveture and scheduling activities ?

more

Day Trip to Jostedalsbreen Glacier

Sogn og Fjordane 1 hours ago

I am keen to go to Jostedalsbreen Glacier, or another glacier if there is a better option in the same region of Norway.

On Jostedalsbreen Glacier it seems there are a few choices of places to go to, such as Briksdalsbreen and Nigardsbreen, and there are also different options such as just look or do a guided walk.

I found a bus which goes from Stryn, Loen and Olden to the Briksdalsbreen Glacier, so I can do a day trip this way.

visitnorway.com/listings/gla...

This means I can get to the bottom of a glacier, and I have 2 1/2 hours to walk around, and it is a very reasonable price.

But what are my other options?

Are there any other accessible glaciers in the region which I should consider?
      How much would a guided walk cost, where would I have to go to do the walk, and who offers these walks?

I won't have a car, so I am limited by where buses or tours go to.

Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

1 Answer 15 minutes ago
    • should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø 22 hours ago

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

2 Answers 13 hours ago
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

Tour from Alesund to Runde Island

Ålesund Nov 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Does anyone know of a coach or bus tour from Alesund to Runde Island during May? I mean by coach or bus, not by boat. I am keen to see the bird life on the island and prefer an organised tour rather than hiring a car.

Also, is May a good time to go to Runde Island, considering the season for breeding, hatching, etc? I have read that some trails are closed at certain times of the year. I am flexible with my dates for travel.

• A trip from Trondheim

Norway Nov 4, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I'm visiting my friend who lives in Trondheim next week! she has a car, and she suggested a few ideas -

1. Atlanterhavsroad including Ålesund

2. Helgelandscoast including Namsskogan Arctic wild zoo + Torghatten

3. Lillehammer/Oslo including Hunderfossen familypark and Olympic centre

4. Boattrip to Kristiansund

5. Røros

Personally I love the nature and beautiful views, I've been to Oslo before so I think suggestions number 1, 2 and 4 are the best... she suggests we spend one night in Alesund so we can have time there. She also has a cabin in Helgeland coast but she says we probably have to choose which place to stay... we have only 6.5 days... she also has a cabin at Nerskogen and she thinks we can stay there for a night and maybe could catch the northern light....

This is her itinerary -

Thursday 10.11 - We'll come around 16:00 so we'll spend the day in Trondheim

11.11 - 9.00 Breakfast at Møllenberg bakery

11.00 Check the city; Olav statue, Stiftsgården + Munkholmen

12.00 Nidarosdomen

13.00 Coffee/lunch at Bakklandet – The street with old houses

14.00 Festningen

15.00 Ladestien walk + Sponhouse

17.00 Dinner

20.00 City evening

12.11 - 08.30 Breakfast

10.00 Theisendammen

11.00 Shopping and hopefully farmers market

12.00 What do you wish to do this day? --- I suggest that we take this day for a day trip

13.11 - 9.00 Breakfast

10.30 Orkanger – check Bårdshaug Herregård

13.00 Mountain trip – Chasing Aurora Borealis

14.11 - 9.00 Breakfast

10.00 Dombås/ Hjerkinn (Close to Snøhetta) + checking for musk and small exploration of Norwegian nature

15.11 and 16.11 - road trip to one of the places I wrote before, on the 16.11 we have to come in the evening to Trondheim again beause our flight is at 17.11 in the morning....

What do you think, where is a must place to go? thanks for helping!!

1 Answer Nov 5, 2016 at 6:51 AM
    • Oslo-Tromso-Oslo

Oslo Nov 3, 2016 at 12:36 AM

I am planning with my friends (20 members) to visit Norway (oslo and Tromso) in Mar.from 3 to 5 Mar will be in oslo then 5 to 9Mar in Tramso ,back to Oslo 9 to 11Mar.
      I am really confused to choose activities over there. I have plans Like Aroura ,Husky sledging ,Renting motor Bikes in oslo. Can anybody help me out on choosing some adveture and scheduling activities ?

3 Answers Nov 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM
    • Northern lights

Tromsø Nov 2, 2016 at 1:30 AM

Hello,
      Does anybody take pictures from the perfect northern lights yesterday or during the nights before during this week?
      Our camera was broken and so weit only see it an the pictures are only inside our .
      Maybe you candy sent one Ort two photos by email. This will be very nice. Thanks a lot.
      The adress is: fee.haas@web.de

Greetings, Feemke

1 Answer Nov 2, 2016 at 4:50 AM
    • Skiing in Norway

Norway Oct 25, 2016 at 12:43 AM

Hello. It is so beautiful in Norway in the winter. Is there someone in her who would like to try skiing in Norway this winter?

2 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 2:02 AM
    • Rent a car

Honningsvåg Oct 24, 2016 at 5:44 PM

I understand that there is Avis car rental in Honningsvag. May i know how can i book the car in advance before i reach Honningsvag? I can not find Avis website which i can book online. And the rental as well. Please advise. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 1:08 AM
    • Puffin Safari

Honningsvåg Oct 24, 2016 at 5:41 PM

May i know how much does the bird safari cost from Honningsvag?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 6:39 PM
    • Bus fare to Honningsvag

Honningsvåg Oct 24, 2016 at 5:39 PM

May i know the bus fare to Honningsvag from Scandic Karasjok?

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 1:01 AM
    • Eating - self catering - vegan

Svolvær Oct 21, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Where can I buy fresh fruit and vegetable in Svolvar?

5 Answers Oct 22, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • Car Rentals

Tromsø Sep 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Hi all, I would like to rent a car in Tromso.
      Are there any companies willing to rent to me if my driving licence has been held for less than 1 year? I possess a valid International Driving Permit.

I am open to suggestions, thanks in advance!

5 Answers Sep 18, 2016 at 12:44 PM
    • timetravlinmama's Profile Photo

Tromsø, one week in winter ?

Troms Region Sep 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM

The best flights from where I live in US are routing me through Oslo then to Tromsø for one week (February). Are there things to do in Tromsø for a week (if NL are not visible ) ? Is it better to just stay a few days in Tromsø then travel to another city in Scandinavia?

Is it recommended to pack one's own gear for the NL excursions or go with a provider who has the equipment? I come from a warm climate so wondering if just one NL excursion might be best or are the temps manageable with appropriate gear?

How are flights in and out of Tromsø (weather delays)?

Getting around Tromsø what are recommended boots for walking if icy ?

2 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM
    • Snow Tromsø with new year

Tromsø Sep 2, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Hello,

I would like tot ask, if there is a lot of snow on the time when i will go to Tromsø (29th of december till the 4th of january). I hope someone with experiences around this time want to response at me.
      I will apologise myself for my bad English

Greetings

2 Answers Sep 3, 2016 at 3:39 AM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Sightseeing/Food in Oslo

Oslo Aug 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Shall be in Oslo for one and a half days in August'16 last week. Kindly advice best utilization of time for sightseeing and tasting local food/cuisine. We are a mid aged couple on a trip to Scandinavia who love art and nature. Shall be doing the Fjords, Bergen and Flam separately.

Regards,

4 Answers Aug 18, 2016 at 1:07 AM
    • Bergen- Geiranger

Norway Aug 12, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Want to travel from Bergen to Geiranger by bus (via Stryn) and ferry through Geiranger fjord in September. Is there any benefit in booking in advance? How can we pre-book seats? When can we do that ?

3 Answers Aug 12, 2016 at 1:52 PM
    • lonestarcrispy's Profile Photo

6 days in Norway in October

Norway Aug 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM

I am planning a trip to Norway in early October. Will I be able to see Northern lights? Arriving in Oslo the 5th and staying till the 7th. I don't have to catch my flight back till Oct. 11th. My plan is to leave Oslo on the 7th and travel to Bergen and make my way down to Stavanger and then back to Oslo on the 10th. Is this able to do? After Oslo I have no accommodations planned. how hard is it to find a room or hotel while travelling? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 12:41 PM
    • Traveling route advice in Sweden + Norway

Norway Aug 8, 2016 at 12:24 AM

Hi folks, me and my wife are planning on a trip to both Sweden and Norway and would like to find out the ideal route, especially the way to Lofoten Island.

We are on a 2 weeks trip and will be touching down + depart from Oslo.

These are the places we would like to cover and the order as planned:

Option 1: Oslo(Touchdown) → Stockholm → Gothenburg → Bergen → Lofoten → Oslo(Depart)

We would like to leave Lofoten for the last destination before heading back to Oslo for our return flight. Can anyone advice if the planned route(Option 1) is feasible or there's a better alternative.

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 5:11 AM
    • To honnisvag airport

Nordkapp Aug 2, 2016 at 11:22 PM

Anyone knows what are the possibilities to go from nordkapp plateau to the airport? As it seems there are no busses between 830 to.1410.
      Many thanks
      Luisa

4 Answers Aug 3, 2016 at 5:05 AM
    • gatorcat's Profile Photo

Bergen to Kristiansund via Geirangerfjord

Norway Jul 27, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Hi,
      My plan was for two of us to travel from Bergen to Kristiansund traveling via Hurtigruten through Geirangerfjord. Today I was informed the boat is having problems and our reservations are cancelled. We were scheduled to leave 14th August and arrive 15th August. Can anyone give me any viable alternatives? I am traveling with my daughter and she has never visited Norway before.
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM
    • travel to norway from 27 Oct to 04 Nov 2016

Norway Jul 22, 2016 at 5:23 AM

Hi, we are planning to travel to Norway and will be arriving into Olso on 27 Oct. we would like to visit Tromso, Bergen, Alesund. (By train or Cruise)... Any suggestions? Thank

3 Answers Jul 28, 2016 at 12:22 AM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Bergen to Oslo travel

Norway Jul 17, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Could someone suggest the best option for experiencing the Fjords, Bergen/ Flam Railway, Cruise and related scenic beauty on the following skeletal travel schedule (For first half of September 2016).

Day one - Depart from Bergen
      Day four - Reach Oslo by evening.

Regards,

9 Answers Jul 19, 2016 at 8:08 AM
    • Bergen card

Bergen Jul 10, 2016 at 6:36 AM

Should we buy a Bergen card for two days in Bergen? We'll be staying on Vikens gate. Planing to see the main museums and the church. Thank you.

• Difficulty reading ferry schedule

Lofoten Jul 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I'm having problems with the ferry schedule from Moskenes to Bodø on Saturdays in July. When are the departures?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jul 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM
    • gatorcat's Profile Photo

Flåm to Bergan?

Norway Jul 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Hi,
      I am trying to plan Norway in a Nutshell for two. I have planned from Oslo to Flåm. I am now trying to get reservations for boat from Flåm to Gudvangen. The one I was searching for included Nærøyfjord in Sognefjord. It then connects with a bus from Gudvangen to Voss. Then train from Voss to Bergan.
      The next leg is coastal steamer Bergan to Kristiansund.
      Can anyone help me with these plans and reservations. I seem to be stuck.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 3:23 PM
    • UPCOMING NORWAY ITINERARY QUERY

Norway Jul 8, 2016 at 2:30 AM

Hi There,

I (31yrs) and my wife (30yrs) , along with my Parents (60yrs) (Total 4 people) are planning to visit norway for our vacation next week.(Starting July 15th 2016)

We all love to travel. We would love to see norway with different means of transport to get around & see...like Air , Road , Ferry & rail. We are not much into hiking & camping but do enjoy places of interest on our way. We are vegetarians and would be preferring to Rent apartments wherever we go, considering there might not be enough options for us eating outside. Also we are comfortable cooking quick meals & pack them for our On the go tours.

After going through few itineraries and Search I have put down the following plan. Would really appreciate if anybody can let ms know if the plan is smooth & workable. Any suggestions are welcome.

15th July : 3: 30 AM : New Delhi to Oslo (12 noon , 15th july) (14hrs including stopover)

overnight stay in oslo.

16th : Oslo to Svolvaer By Air. (we may have to do this via bodo OR oslo to bodo by air & bodo to svolvaer by ferry). Renting a Car in svolvaer . (expensive?) Overnight in Svolvaer or Kabelvag.

17th : Driving on E10 , exploring Lofoten on the way to Reine . Overnight in Reine. (Robuer Stay).

18th : Morning : Moskenes to Bodo Ferry. And then we have to go from BODO to ANDALSNES.

For this which option should we do :

A. Bodo to Andalsnes via Trondheim , Dombas BY RAIL (We may do overnight train to reach next morning) OR

B. Bodo to Trondheim By Air and Trondheim to Andalsnes via Dombas By Rail?

19th : Renting a Car in Andalsnes to reach Geiranger via trollstigen.

19th : We will have Car to drive around . Also we can do Geiranger cruise that day. Overnight stay on Geirangerfjord area. (any recommendations?)

20th : Driving around Geiranger. Stay in Geiranger.

21st : Driving to Alesund & dropping Car.

Alesund to Bergen By Air. Overnight stay in bergen.

22nd : Bergen sighseeing for a day. Overnight stay in bergen.

23rd : Bergen To Flam (Norway in nutshell). Overnight stay in Flam.

24th : Flam to Oslo : overnight in Oslo.

25th : Oslo sightseeing.

26th ; Morning Flight Back to Delhi.

We would welcome any suggestions if we are cramping too much or overstaying any place which can be changed. I know its last minute & we have lot of bookings to do in term of transportation & accommodation.

Thanks

Ashish

2 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM
    • AlperIst's Profile Photo

Oslo Airport transport

Oslo Jul 6, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hello,

I have FI317 08:25 flight from Oslo to Reykjavik. If I take the 22:59 train from Bergen and arrive at 06:25 at Oslo, can I go to the airport to take my flight on time? Flytoget Airport Express Train takes 22 minutes from Oslo S to the airport, the website says.

Best wishes,
      Alper Metin

2 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM
    • Trolltunga and Preikestolen in 10 days

Norway Jul 5, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Hello,
      My friend and I are busy making plans to visit Norway.
      Our trip starts at Oslo (where our plane lands). Then we are going to take the train to Voss, and a bus to Tyssedal to start our hike to Trolltunga. We have planned a 3 day trip to Trolltunga, Mosdalsbu to end in Odda.
      Then we woud like to visit Prekestolen and Kjerag. But we are not sure what the best way is to get there starting from Odda?
      Tips and trips would be appreciated

6 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 1:29 AM
    • Currency cash v credit

Norway Jul 2, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Will I incur a fee when withdrawing from ATMs in Norway & Sweden?
      I'm travelling from Australia and wanted to use my Visa Debit card instead of pre ordering NOK & SEK and having excess cash

7 Answers Jul 3, 2016 at 3:38 AM