VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Northwestern Hawaiian Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• October 08, Need help in planning first time trip to a nice Hawaiian Island

by Ms.R. Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I would like to go to Hawaii the third week in Oct.08 and need help in planning my first ever trip there. I want to rent a condo from a private owner instead of staying at a hotel because I thought that would be more economical since I am on a budget and it will be 2 adults traveling. I can't make up my mind where exactly to go, meaning which island would give me more bang for my buck and the sightseeing part of the trip as well. I know it is very expensive to go to Hawaii but I want to do my best and go. I am a recent cancer survivor and I now want to do things that I said where on my to do list and never got around to do. Now is the right time and I need help in planning out the trip of a lifetime for me and my best friend who was with me thru the hardest time of my cancer and recovery which has lasted going into 14 months now. I was just told that I am cancer free and I want to do something to celebrate my victory, so anyone who can advise me of how to go about planning this trip I would greatly appreciate it, I need discount airline info. to where to stay and I already know that I want to see and do as much as I can within a 7 day period because that is how much time we will be staying there. From 10-22-08 thru 10-30-08. I would love to see the main attractions such as the volcanoes, black sand beach,tropical rainforests, waterfalls, a luua, hula dancing, go parasaling, see the giant turtles, go whale-watching, and perhaps take in a helicopter ride. So please all info. / advice is appreciated. I would like to start making my plans for this trip asap, so that is why I am inquiring now.

4 Answers Jul 26, 2008 at 9:59 AM