Travel Answers
Northwestern Hawaiian Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• October 08, Need help in planning first time trip to a nice Hawaiian Island

by Ms.R. Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I would like to go to Hawaii the third week in Oct.08 and need help in planning my first ever trip there. I want to rent a condo from a private owner instead of staying at a hotel because I thought that would be more economical since I am on a budget and it will be 2 adults traveling. I can't make up my mind where exactly to go, meaning which island would give me more bang for my buck and the sightseeing part of the trip as well. I know it is very expensive to go to Hawaii but I want to do my best and go. I am a recent cancer survivor and I now want to do things that I said where on my to do list and never got around to do. Now is the right time and I need help in planning out the trip of a lifetime for me and my best friend who was with me thru the hardest time of my cancer and recovery which has lasted going into 14 months now. I was just told that I am cancer free and I want to do something to celebrate my victory, so anyone who can advise me of how to go about planning this trip I would greatly appreciate it, I need discount airline info. to where to stay and I already know that I want to see and do as much as I can within a 7 day period because that is how much time we will be staying there. From 10-22-08 thru 10-30-08. I would love to see the main attractions such as the volcanoes, black sand beach,tropical rainforests, waterfalls, a luua, hula dancing, go parasaling, see the giant turtles, go whale-watching, and perhaps take in a helicopter ride. So please all info. / advice is appreciated. I would like to start making my plans for this trip asap, so that is why I am inquiring now.

4 Answers Jul 26, 2008 at 9:59 AM